Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone on here won anything from SS? I've done tons of entries for giveaways and notta. I watched one of their stream giveaways and I couldn't handle it for more than a few minutes.

what happened? Did they post a code up or something for the $5?
They did a lottery thing, where entrants names flashed on the screen, like spinning the wheel. Each winner won a $5 reward. They did it last week on the wrap up. They gave out like 30 $5 rewards today, they gave out more last week if I remember correctly

For some reason I got banned from posting, or commenting, on Facebook during this last live. It says my account has been restricted until December?!??!?! :oops:
No violations listed in my account. I have no idea what's going on...anyway, I got diddly squat during that last wrap up! Hell of a lot of people got $5 rewards though.
You could always send a message to an admin (like Paul, Alex, Joe, or Jas, but not Autumn) and ask what happened. It's worth a shot. I once got a 15 minute "time out" on Youtube because the moderator clicked my comment by mistake, and actually meant to flag someone else's comment, but the chat was moving too fast, so they missed
Wait, were you the one who was posting codes from the game in the chat? If so, I can pretty much guarantee that's why you were suspended. If not, then see my other post and try asking about it.

Has anyone on here won anything from SS? I've done tons of entries for giveaways and notta. I watched one of their stream giveaways and I couldn't handle it for more than a few minutes.
Just the other day I won a $6 book for guessing that Michael Myers would be the next figure on Unsealed and Revealed. I've also won multiple pins, and years ago, back in Susan times, I won that Deadpool figure they couldn't sell and had to pay $10 to ship it. A few months later I also won (was really offered) a "surprise" Star Wars figure. I was convinced that it was that Hot Toys Stormtrooper painted up to look like tea service that they couldn't sell, so I declined. I also technically won $10 in rewards a few weeks ago when my name came up in that Streamyard lottery thing Autumn seems to like so much.

Wait, were you the one who was posting codes from the game in the chat? If so, I can pretty much guarantee that's why you were suspended. If not, then see my other post and try asking about it.

Just the other day I won a $6 book for guessing that Michael Myers would be the next figure on Unsealed and Revealed. I've also won multiple pins, and years ago, back in Susan times, I won that Deadpool figure they couldn't sell and had to pay $10 to ship it. A few months later I also won (was really offered) a "surprise" Star Wars figure. I was convinced that it was that Hot Toys Stormtrooper painted up to look like tea service that they couldn't sell, so I declined. I also technically won $10 in rewards a few weeks ago when my name came up in that Streamyard lottery thing Autumn seems to like so much.
Nope, wasn't me. All I was doing was congratulating the winners. And I'm suspended in every facet of Facebook, not just Sideshow's page. I can't post or comment anywhere. All I can do is like stuff....And the suspension is for some insane period, December 4th of some future date well past 2021. It's basically a lifetime ban.

I actually won $5 in the random draw. I think I recognized your name and you were probably suspended for posting the video game codes during the stream. Thanks for trying to help people. SS are just being jerks and really cheap.

For some reason I got banned from posting, or commenting, on Facebook during this last live. It says my account has been restricted until December?!??!?! :oops:
No violations listed in my account. I have no idea what's going on...anyway, I got diddly squat during that last wrap up! Hell of a lot of people got $5 rewards though.
:horror

Banned from commenting on all of Facebook?

Even if you were to post codes is there even a written policy against doing that? I looked back through the announcements on Let Your Geek Sideshow and didn't see anything. If there's no rule, then there isn't a rule to break.

Then I don't know how a Sideshow ban for breaking a rule that isn't even a rule could extend to a punishment across the whole of Facebook. :huh

If you weren't even posting codes, then something else is going on. Might be a mix up over account names, and your name was clicked in error?

I won a “consolation prize” once in 2014 when Susan was still here. It was for winning Tony Stark The Mechanic where you had to guess what watch he used in the movie, and Susan’s favorite 90s cartoon (Batman lol). I don’t recall why she picked me for secondary prizes, but I got a 1:4 Hot Toys War Machine Mark II bust. Took it cause absolutely free. Never won anything else however.

I never knew any of that was a thing. Strange. I remember one time a guy on here had his Hot Toys Amazing Spider Man delayed so badly(or something) that they double boxed it and gave him Man of Steel Superman for free during the holidays. Insane but there was proof. Whatever happened to Susan? And Chicky? They were great.
I won a “consolation prize” once in 2014 when Susan was still here. It was for winning Tony Stark The Mechanic where you had to guess what watch he used in the movie, and Susan’s favorite 90s cartoon (Batman lol). I don’t recall why she picked me for secondary prizes, but I got a 1:4 Hot Toys War Machine Mark II bust. Took it cause absolutely free. Never won anything else however.

Waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day when they used to do a lot of social media giveaways I won an Amazing Spider-Man Hot Toys figure because I showed a picture of a weird statue I had found in my desk on my first day at work.

I also snagged one of the Steal the Deal War Machine Hot Toys at a pretty big discount, but that wasn’t really technically “winning” because I definitely still paid for him.

I "won" something once.. when there wasn't even a competition. I was just thanking the hosts and the mods way back when for a great SDCC and then the mod told me that I won $10RP. LOL. This was way back when Sideshow wasn't **** as they are now.

Well I don’t label any company **** just because they don’t give me free money even if just $1.00.

They already have a purchase based reward system that others don’t although I do wish it was just a few % more robust at different tiers but it’s still better than nothing.

BUT once you choose to implement a reward based participation system as a supplement to the existing reward system it needs to be fair to all participants.

Whatever happened to Susan? And Chicky? They were great.
Susan got fired over some drama (there's threads about it somewhere on here). Chicky (aka Megaboss aka Robin Selvaggi) is Sideshow's CMO. She shows up at least once a week as one of the four co-hosts of New at Sideshow at 9AM PT, weekdays.

Last edited:
Yeah, in the past I (and a lot of us here, I'm sure) have gotten codes strictly from code sharing (i.e., without participating in the events/streams they came from), so I'm not going to complain when they make it random / more fair. I knew that gravy train wasn't going to last forever.
Regarding their reward system: It's not bad but the 40 day waiting period is annoying. Other places have rewards and apply them to your account as soon as the item you purchased is paid off & ships. No doubt Sideshow has been scammed in the past but long-time customers shouldn't be penalized for that, especially now when rewards are needed to offset their high shipping costs & sales tax in order to justify buying from them vs. other shops.

Nope, wasn't me. All I was doing was congratulating the winners. And I'm suspended in every facet of Facebook, not just Sideshow's page. I can't post or comment anywhere. All I can do is like stuff....And the suspension is for some insane period, December 4th of some future date well past 2021. It's basically a lifetime ban.
Do you know that you were banned for a fact by Sideshow's group admin/mods? I'm really sure that if you were doing something in the group that they didn't like, unless you were spouting something like racial epithets, that you would only be banned from the group. It's still possibly an error, and I think there are ways to inquire. If it was the group, try to pm an admin like I suggested. If it wasn't, google is your best bet to find out how to find out what happened.

Well I don’t label any company **** just because they don’t give me free money even if just $1.00.

They already have a purchase based reward system that others don’t although I do wish it was just a few % more robust at different tiers but it’s still better than nothing.

BUT once you choose to implement a reward based participation system as a supplement to the existing reward system it needs to be fair to all participants.
My thing is that you get charged tax and shipping is pretty big. Other sites do rewards and no tax.
Susan got fired over some drama (there's threads about it somewhere on here). Chicky (aka Megaboss aka Robin Selvaggi) is Sideshow's CMO. She shows up at least once a week as one of the four co-hosts of New at Sideshow at 9AM PT, weekdays.
I'll have to look those up, utter **** though. Susan was cool imo.

My thing is that you get charged tax and shipping is pretty big. Other sites do rewards and no tax.
Other retailers maybe don't do enough business in your state that they need to collect sales tax, but Sideshow is large enough that they're required to. And technically, we should be paying that tax one way or the other (directly to the retailer, or with our tax returns). That said, I do tend to seek out the smaller retailers that won't charge sales tax (and include free shipping).

The counterpoint is that Sideshow has the best rewards percentage out of all of them (5% vs 2% max), plus the random rewards they give out over the course of a year. It's just often offset by shipping/taxes.

:horror

Banned from commenting on all of Facebook?

Even if you were to post codes is there even a written policy against doing that? I looked back through the announcements on Let Your Geek Sideshow and didn't see anything. If there's no rule, then there isn't a rule to break.

Then I don't know how a Sideshow ban for breaking a rule that isn't even a rule could extend to a punishment across the whole of Facebook. :huh

If you weren't even posting codes, then something else is going on. Might be a mix up over account names, and your name was clicked in error?
I'll never know. It was like a 28 hr ban, as I can post again as of last night. No messages, or emails from FB explaining why. No violations listed on my account either.

Do you know that you were banned for a fact by Sideshow's group admin/mods? I'm really sure that if you were doing something in the group that they didn't like, unless you were spouting something like racial epithets, that you would only be banned from the group. It's still possibly an error, and I think there are ways to inquire. If it was the group, try to pm an admin like I suggested. If it wasn't, google is your best bet to find out how to find out what happened.
No, I have no idea why I was banned. The only thing I was posting was congrats to the winners of the lottery going on at LYGSS page. All of a sudden a pop up came on my screen saying my use was restricted. Then I couldn't post, or comment, on any page.
The only other postings I did, that day, was to another code group. I messaged FB directly and never got a response, but after 28 hrs I could post again. :huh

Back