Current discount codes at SSC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This 'might' or 'could' is a running theme with Sideshow.

I think they probably gave away too many points at the last big event. The Bossy Boss Boss guy made a mistake during one stream and gave away far more than he intended.

So this could be a case of paying the price. It's gone from a glut to a dearth. At this rate I probably wouldn't amass enough points within a year to make it worth using them, what with 20% tax and their shipping costs. It would still be cheaper to buy from Hong Kong, or even locally.
I'm 100% sure that it's the new system of giving rewards itself that made Sideshow Marketing decide to pull back on giving rewards during this event. It's a system that was bound to bite them in the ass, and did so perhaps much quicker than they anticipated. Just a few months ago they generated one code for a few bucks that one-thousand or two-thousand people could redeem. Upper management at Sideshow Marketing (Chris Pirotta AKA Bossy Boss Boss and Robin Selvaggi AKA Megaboss AKA Chicky) decided they wanted to increase their viewers by circumventing code groups and found an app that allowed them to determine who was engaged with a stream through their participation in some game. This would also have the added benefit (to them) of certainly having fewer than one-thousand, and definitely fewer than two-thousand participants, so they would be giving away fewer dollars in rewards overall. But now they had to generate hundreds and hundreds of codes, instead of just one, and they had to email each of them to the individuals who participated in the game. This takes time and effort, which equals money for a business, and it seems that they anticipated it would be a more laborious task over the course of a multi-day event, so they decided to pull back, and go to this randomization crap, so there would be less work, and even less money given away.

Oh that happened? Nice!

It froze on question 14, and it was ages before Alex finally managed to reset it.

I think they also found out that one of the answers was wrong. The correct answer should have been Oregon, but was recorded as Washington.

Alex was thinking of the wrong game in the series, or something.

It froze on question 14, and it was ages before Alex finally managed to reset it.

I think they also found out that one of the answers was wrong. The correct answer should have been Oregon, but was recorded as Washington.

I also answered Oregon. Life is Strange 2 is based in Seattle. Life is Strange 1 is based in Oregon.

I think they also found out that one of the answers was wrong.
The correct answer should have been Oregon, but was recorded as Washington.

Alex A. is a tool.

I would have no confidence in that dude counting his own fingers and relaying the correct information.

I thought they were attached to the shipper boxes?

Anyway, 10th during Trivia today. Misclicked since I did it at work on my phone on two answers I know, and I missed the last one because of Alex's goofs. They really need to pick better times for Trivia tbh

I'll give SS this, the deals aren't too bad and some products chosen are good. But this had a lot of potential that simply wasn't matched, and it was easy to do so.
Alex A. is a tool.

I would have no confidence in that dude counting his own fingers and relaying the correct information.
As a tech support, I don't even know how this is all acceptable or happening SO often. It's only Alex that this happens to as well. I half think it tends to be Sideshow but Alex is definitely a huge culprit. I deal with so many people like that, and I sometimes get why it happens (unless they just continually ignore my warnings).
Sideshow are desperate to maintain a media presence, and this 'event' isn't really an event at all. They're reaching for excuses to get people excited over something.

The numbers of people watching the live events on their flagship Let Your Geek Sideshow group have dropped dramatically since the last 'event'. I saw numbers were down to the 40s and 50s earlier in the week, and today they were down to the 20s. In the past I'm sure they were around 200.
They clearly did it for E3, one of the most hype times for gaming. No way it was a coincidence. I don't know why they chose non-games or just obvious casuals; they surely have someone who's a huge gamer right? And there's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer, until you claim to be super knowledgeable or hype.

You're right about viewership though. Even FB people are noticing.

Just like I had to do with IM day I contacted SS today regarding not receiving a single $1 reward yet for this entire week even though I registered and participated in everything.

They sent me a single reward to cover the event.

I went to use it and it was already expired.

I contacted them back they said sorry but that was the best they could do.

Wait for it…

Wait for it…

:slap

LULZ!
It's weird that I have to do this now for Level Up Week when I got the Iron Man Day code no problem. They're telling me that my email wasn't found at all. How tf? I know I used it.

For some reason I got banned from posting, or commenting, on Facebook during this last live. It says my account has been restricted until December?!??!?! :oops:
No violations listed in my account. I have no idea what's going on...anyway, I got diddly squat during that last wrap up! Hell of a lot of people got $5 rewards though.

I thought they were attached to the shipper boxes?
I think they stopped doing that a while ago. But they then started emailing you a $25 coupon about 40 days after they ship you a piece, and at the same time as when your points for the purchase "mature".

For some reason I got banned from posting, or commenting, on Facebook during this last live. It says my account has been restricted until December?!??!?! :oops:
No violations listed in my account. I have no idea what's going on...anyway, I got diddly squat during that last wrap up! Hell of a lot of people got $5 rewards though.
You could always send a message to an admin (like Paul, Alex, Joe, or Jas, but not Autumn) and ask what happened. It's worth a shot. I once got a 15 minute "time out" on Youtube because the moderator clicked my comment by mistake, and actually meant to flag someone else's comment, but the chat was moving too fast, so they missed.

what happened? Did they post a code up or something for the $5?

Back