Crowdfunding for My Pilot Episode

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been a long time coming. I wanted to share a new thread for it because it's at a totally different stage now. I hope you all like the teaser, and check out the theme song on the 'gallery' page. Let me know what you think and please, help/share where you can. A lot of hard work has gone in to this, and a lot of good people are able to work in their field while I produce this. Every bit helps a lot more than you know.

Thank you!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/frankie-the-series-pilot/x/8763471#/story

Last edited:
I have to admit I'm really impressed with the professional quality so far. This is worth my cash to invest in.

I looked at it and I like what I see. I'll show it to the other guys on my podcast and see if they want to cover it on the show. If they do, that'll be free advertising for your campaign.

The first dude delivers his line way too fast.

The dude at around the 22 second mark - I have no idea what he's saying. "Give it everything she's done for me!" Huh? Is that what he's saying?

Biggest problem is there's no hook.

Here's a twist on the assassin story -- In LEON aka THE PROFESSIONAL:

Assassin turns hero, cop turns villain. Assassin has no social skills, but takes in a young girl to protect her. Turns into a father figure. He's changing, becomes a different guy by the end of the movie.

Your trailer just says "I kill people, and someone wants to kill me." That's it. There's no character. Bring a twist into it! It's possible to show that in 30 secs. Don't say "Well, in the movie, there's so much more going on." You have to sell people in 30 secs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRABrgRcn5Y

"Taken" was cool because of Liam's intensity. "Leon" is a classic because of the characters and story. Go for that. Keep at it!

I'd say suspend that fundraising thing until you have a 60 - 90 sec trailer that really sells your idea. That 30 sec teaser isn't going to get anyone to donate except for friends and maybe friends of friends. I'm just being honest and wish you the best.

Thank you Anzik, Ween and Jedi for all of the positive notes.

As for the final one...we are working with VERY limited footage. We could only afford to shoot the footage from the pilot you see. We are trying to raise the final funds for the rest of the episode. Once those scenes have been filmed, we would be able to create a longer, more detailed teaser. We can only do so much, with so little.

I would like to add that I have been lucky enough to offer a role up to James Leary (who played Clem in Buffy) and he has accepted. We will be having a bbq at my place soon to discuss it in more detail.

Last edited:
The first dude delivers his line way too fast.

The dude at around the 22 second mark - I have no idea what he's saying. "Give it everything she's done for me!" Huh? Is that what he's saying?

Biggest problem is there's no hook.

Here's a twist on the assassin story -- In LEON aka THE PROFESSIONAL:

Assassin turns hero, cop turns villain. Assassin has no social skills, but takes in a young girl to protect her. Turns into a father figure. He's changing, becomes a different guy by the end of the movie.

Your trailer just says "I kill people, and someone wants to kill me." That's it. There's no character. Bring a twist into it! It's possible to show that in 30 secs. Don't say "Well, in the movie, there's so much more going on." You have to sell people in 30 secs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRABrgRcn5Y

"Taken" was cool because of Liam's intensity. "Leon" is a classic because of the characters and story. Go for that. Keep at it!

Always a critic with nothing really much to say. How can you judge based on a clip less than a minute? Please show us all of your accomplishments so we can judge. Jack@ss. :cuckoo: Personally, I liked it a lot. And the actors delivered their lines well. Just goes to show you cannot please everyone. Next time you criticize someone, put a hook in it so we don't have to read through your mundane style of writing! :monkey3:cuckoo:

How can I judge based on a clip less than a minute? Well, she is trying to sell the idea and raise money based on the teaser provided. Nothing else. That teaser did not reel me in.

She was asking for feedback so I provided it.

What's missing from the teaser isn't anything expensive. It's just an quick intro to the character, her goal, and the obstacle.

Those are BASIC INGREDIENTS, Mistermark. This is not being a jack@ss.

Always a critic with nothing really much to say. How can you judge based on a clip less than a minute? Please show us all of your accomplishments so we can judge. Jack@ss. :cuckoo: Personally, I liked it a lot. And the actors delivered their lines well. Just goes to show you cannot please everyone. Next time you criticize someone, put a hook in it so we don't have to read through your mundane style of writing! :monkey3:cuckoo:

Thank you for watching the teaser, and for positively supporting it. I know there's going to be people who don't support it and I have to accept that. It's people like you who keep me going, and keep me positive.

I think it's great what you're doing.

Just offering some feedback.

People will offer ideas and it's your job to consider or ignore them. Good luck with the show.

Thank you for watching the teaser, and for positively supporting it. I know there's going to be people who don't support it and I have to accept that. It's people like you who keep me going, and keep me positive.

Thanks Buffy. I truly thought it was great. The production was slick and the acting natural and not forced. Look forward to seeing more and to seeing how the story continues to develop. :wave

Thanks Buffy. I truly thought it was great. The production was slick and the acting natural and not forced. Look forward to seeing more and to seeing how the story continues to develop. :wave

:1-1:

Thank you. It truly is my life's work. Every part of me has gone in to this over the last long while and I really want to see it succeed. Even if only the pilot gets made, at least I know I did that, you know? And if the pilot does get completed, I can submit that to so many places to try to get the show picked up. I know it's worth it. It's just getting the scenes finished so I can assemble the story.

The theme song was oddly cut at the end on Youtube so I had to re-upload it. I will be putting up a second teaser as soon as my Assistant Editor is done with footage.

Please realize, none of this has been in the studio for ADR (because I want to have all of the footage, first) and not all of it has been through color correction, etc. It's got a long way to go. You're seeing/hearing raw files.

I will also be uploading a personal video interview later. I hope you all enjoy that, too.

Frankie's Theme Song.

I've got to say that I'm really impressed at everything I've seen, and while there may not be a lot to show right now, it's quality. If this is any indication, I can't imagine what the final product will be like.

Your hard work definitely shows. And I'll be following this one through, if just for the effort I've seen you put in. Just really cool watching this unfold, seeing it from its beginnings. I really hope this takes off for you.

And I'm calling dibs now on any role that needs filling - plus since I'm a Whedonville patron I SHOULD get priority. :lecture :lol :rock

Thanks Chap. I just REALLY updated the campaign. I will be updating it a LOT more over the next couple of days. Darth, feel free to check out the progress as it goes. I know it seems like there's so little I have to offer, and the truth is, well, it's true. I was only able to do so much. Working on getting more done, though.

Thank you, DA! I appreciate that. Here's teaser B and a bit of character info. Lots more to come.

Frankie and Kaljpg.jpg

You blew that mans brains out!:thud:

Looks great so far,good luck with everything.

"Well, he had it coming, so..."

:) Thank you. I've been updating the campaign page a lot so that it explains what I'm trying to do. I'm doing everything I can. I appreciate ALL feedback.

Back