Corrose Designs Original: City Streets 1/6 Scale Figure Bases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corrose

Super Freak
Reaction score
First Run:

1) Elvis1976
2) Elvis1976
3) Xenoviper - PAID - SHIPPED
4) sdabbs
5) mightyq - PAID - 1311 2410 0000 1610 3013
6) mightyq - PAID - 1311 2410 0000 1610 3013
7) mightyq - PAID - 1311 2410 0000 1610 3013
8) mightyq - PAID - 1311 2410 0000 1610 3013
9) mightyq - PAID - 1311 2410 0000 1610 3013

Hey guys,

Been working on this pretty hard for awhile and I'm towards the end.
I wanted to design a cool, generic base that didn't require the piece that goes under the figure's legs or around their waist, just a cool support free base that worked well with the figure.

The design, as you can see is a square design but oriented at a 45 degree angle and features a cool, unsymmetrical stonework pattern and the centerpiece being a sewer with a removable lid.

The idea was that you could tell there was a lid there but not have it be a permanent, unmovable part of the design. With this base you can remove the lid, or just have it lifted off a bit and it looks really sharp.

- Sculpted by me in Zbrush
- Base and Lid are separate components
- Printed in 3D by in a very stunning resolution
- Casted in white resin
- Featuring an angled nameplate area. Each order will get to choose the name for the nameplate and I will provide that decal with your order.
- Base is SOLID resin, not hollow cast and has a nice weight and feel.
- Ideal for any character that has interaction with the city streets: Ninja Turtles, Dark Knight, Punisher, Spide-Man and More.
- Comes ready to prime/paint

These first few were casted using some leftover resin from a previous job and will cost less than a second run. I'm estimating this first run being in the $35-$40 range per base.

To avoid having to answer this again, in regards to the pricepoint of this item versus my cup project. The cups, because of the tiny, tiny straw details, and the fact the straws are compounded and are actually hollow, the cups cannot be casted and reproduced properly, with those you are buying an actual 3D print which keeps all of those fine details, with projects like my bases, molds are made and parts are casted, reducing the cost per piece.

I want to start a list to see what kind of interest there is. This first run will be likely ready to ship as early as next week, so if you sign up, please subscribe to the thread for updates.

The photos from digital design to casted pieces:

5esa.jpg

The raw 3D print master:

to06.jpg

qcq8.jpg

4o3v.jpg

23qh.jpg

gk9w.jpg

cuix.jpg

Last edited:
As you can see, with multiple bases, you can arrange some really cool looking configurations.
These are the white resin casts I made up.

j0kr.jpg

i9ff.jpg

y338.jpg

8jxo.jpg

kj8j.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, I'll start up an interest list. There are about 7 in this initial run at the slightly reduced price. Most likely those will be ready to ship early next week. I will get shipping details pretty quickly for you guys. At least for the U.S. guys, I'm hoping this fits in one of those flat rate priority shippers, which would be right around $7-8 if I'm not mistaken.

Very impressive... I'm interested, but I need to look through my collection to see if I have anything I could use it for :lol

Updated.

Here is a fast photoshop to get some thoughts flowing on how you guys could approach painting these, IE Graffiti type design:

wy3x.jpg

put me on the list - I want to put my penguin on here!

Would you consider making other bases which would connect up to this? Perhaps some part building walls that could serve as a backdrop?

I really love the fact that the manhole cover can be taken off - it gives so many more opportunities for a cool set up...

This first run has been tentatively spoken for.
I was shooting to be able to ship these this week, but realistically with what I have to get wrapped up at work with year end reviews, and last minute Christmas shopping and planning it will probably be late next week.

If anyone wants to be included in a run 2 list, please drop me a post here.

Also thanks for the kind comments, remember, I'm only going to be able to keep offering these kinds of items in the future as long as folks are supporting the current projects.

Thanks again all

perhaps you could make a sister thread in the interest section to get a wider audience?

Back