Comic Con Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will most likely pick up the VCD but that is it for me - everything else is just not worth the space and money - too many other cool things coming out later this year to spend money on.

-Darth Maul PF
-Darkness PF
-Alien3 Maquette
-Medi Boba and Jango
-T2 Endo bust
-More HT figures

ect, ect, ect....

I keep seeing so many say how lame the exclusives are and I find it perplexing. They're supposed to be items that people going will want or might want to make sure to get and those going can get if they want but if they miss its ok. Not what GG does by making "must have" items their convention exclusives. So in all honesty non-con goers should be thankful these are items you can live without.

Edit: Fixed wording :)

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
... So in all honesty non-con goers should have thankful these are items you can live without.

Yep, I'm a non-con goer and I have thankful that I can comfortably pass on all of the exclusives.

The 1/6th holo sidious walking-table thingy had my interest for a split-second but if it's going to cost $50-$60, it's a definite 3rd and long for me.

I'm happy that the 1/6 SW offering is the walking chair. It's something different, but if you miss it, its not like you miss a major character. It would have sucked if it was something like a stormtrooper or a bounty hunter.

I'll be trying for one of them, simply because I like it.

As for the mystery piece, I'm hoping we see a 1/6 LOTR release. But what I'm really looking forwards to is what they'll be previewing at Comic Con. Wish I could make it out there.

John

FlyAndFight said:
Yep, I'm a non-con goer and I have thankful that I can comfortably pass on all of the exclusives.

Well, there ya go. Good news for you then since you can save your money for items you want more. So it's a win win. :)

Kozin said:
I'm happy that the 1/6 SW offering is the walking chair. It's something different, but if you miss it, its not like you miss a major character. It would have sucked if it was something like a stormtrooper or a bounty hunter.

I'll be trying for one of them, simply because I like it.

As for the mystery piece, I'm hoping we see a 1/6 LOTR release. But what I'm really looking forwards to is what they'll be previewing at Comic Con. Wish I could make it out there.

John

I agree with ya on the SW item. As far as the LOTR item I hope so as I'd love to pick up a LOTR item at SDCC.

wOOt! Guess I am saving some money after all. I got too many items lined up this summer to pay for anyway.

Pass on all of these.

Yeah... I'm gonna save some $$$$ too this year. I'll get the Sidious most likely... but that's all. (Unless the mystery exclusive blows my hair back.) All the other stuff is a firm pass for me.

Which is great because GG has like 10 exclusives I want... lol....

These are excellent con exclusives. There's nothing there I really have to have. Other than the Dead figure.

I like the walking chair-holo Sidious...can't wait to see bigger/more detailed pictures...

Now can we have a Nute Gunray to go with that please? :D

jlcmsu said:
Well, there ya go.

Yes, there I went.

jlcmsu said:
Good news for you then.

Yes, very good news.

jlcmsu said:
you can save your money for items you want more.

Yes, that's the idea.

jlcmsu said:
So it's a win win.

Actually, it's a win lose or a lose win. I save money but I would have liked to have spent it on something that I wanted more, like a full 12" figure. But it's not the end of the world.

jlcmsu said:

;)

These Con exclusives look like trinkets compared to the past couple of years. I mean, there was a time when "Nazi Kroenen" could only be had via the Con!

With this announcement, I'm hoping I may want to pass by Sideshow's booth because they're revealing something new. One thing's for sure, the Con exclusives are not what they used to be.

Radagaster said:
With this announcement, I'm hoping I may want to pass by Sideshow's booth because they're revealing something new. One thing's for sure, the Con exclusives are not what they used to be.

Of course they will be revealing something new and because you want to see what they have. Not for the exclusives. Con exclusives aren't what they used to be? These are the exact type of things they should be. Something cool but something passable if ya must.

sebcanadaceo said:
Amen to that!

:emperor :maul

As I said earlier let they do say Darth Vader (armored) for SDCC next year. Make the ES say 2500 or so and lets see people ***** because they did such a COOL and MUST HAVE exclusive for Con goers. That will go over well.

I think this is the perfect con exclusive, something only a select group want. I'll take this any day over what GG is pulling.

Back