Comic Con Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MicroJow

Super Freak
Reaction score
Haven't seen much chatter on this subject despite this blurb in last week's newsletter:

We will be offering a total of six (6) Comic-Con Exclusives this year, available to newsletter members FIRST, through Priority Pre-Order events for both Attendees and Non-Attendees, so make sure you are in the know about PPO! The complete Con exclusive list will be posted next week, along with the Priority Pre-Order schedule for each item.

Obviously, not all six exclusives will be Star Wars but I suspect at least two of them will be. What do you suppose? I'm guessing Endor Han Solo to go with the Endor Troopers.

- J!

I think only one Star Wars. It could be a Yavin Leia or Han or a Endor Han as well. Of course it could be anything. I too have been looking forward to today to see what they are. I doubt we'll get photos (but hopefully) but at least we will know the names, hopefully the Dead figure will say something like Subject 101: News Reporter, or something to that effect so we at least know what it is supposed to be.

I wish they'd really drop the bomb and give us an exclusive LOTR 1/6 fig. That would be awesome, especially with all the SW stuff that's already going on.:gandalf :gandalf_w

Boba Fett said:
Hopefully, the newsletter tonight will drop a few hints.

Screw hints. I expect to find out what all 6 SDCC exclusives are tonight. If I remember correctly, they gave us all at once last year. Can't wait for tonight's newsletter :D

I made a big prediction post last year as to what the exclusives were going to be and I was wrong on all accounts... except for the Sith Anakin that was HEAVILY rumored. Who could have predicted a Popbot or a Twisted Rabbit statue? :confused:

So I'll just hold my thoughts and my expectations this year and wait for the official announcement.

This much IS certain... the exclusives will not include a Buffy/Angel figure like years past (Vampire Angel '04, Werewolf Oz '05) :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

And I'd be REALLY surprised if that offer a PF as an exclusive... I think they learned that lesson with Luke. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Vader AL said:
don't forget we have to have something to go with the chess table.....

... oh yeah, a Blast Shield Helmet and Training Remote Expansion Pack! :D

It wasn't that Luke was an issue. It was more of a resemblance, and the pose. Farmboy Luke just didn't ignite the community as well as expected. I'm sure had they released something like the Grievous Exclusive PF, then that would've made things a bit more interesting.

I predict that SS has to at least have one exclusive to handle the following lines:
1) Star Wars
2) LOTR
3) Marvel
4) The Dead

Beyond that, it's anybody's guess.

I hope its anything endor related so I can turn my full energies to the LOTR ex. I am hoping is going to happen.

Radagaster said:
It wasn't that Luke was an issue. It was more of a resemblance, and the pose. Farmboy Luke just didn't ignite the community as well as expected. I'm sure had they released something like the Grievous Exclusive PF, then that would've made things a bit more interesting.

I predict that SS has to at least have one exclusive to handle the following lines:
1) Star Wars
2) LOTR
3) Marvel
4) The Dead

Beyond that, it's anybody's guess.

I might be wrong but I think what Protozaius was saying it was more of an issue with Luke being a PF. People lugging around a PF at the con was an issue.

Radagaster said:
It wasn't that Luke was an issue. It was more of a resemblance, and the pose. Farmboy Luke just didn't ignite the community as well as expected.

I think the issue was size and weight. Where do you store 500 PFs at SDCC, exactly? That is why Sideshow offered Attendees to ship Luke to your home free of charge... taking a bath in shipping fees in the process. And those that opted to pick it up there (BIG mistake) had the arduous task of lugging it back to the hotel and then on an airplane. Gads, that was awful... all the while worrying about breaking something.

It is just a hassle all around. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I couldn't imagine lugging a fragile Grevious type piece... I woud've had a heart attack. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Yes, it was the size and weight of the PF that caused the problem. It wasn't the piece at all. Trust me lugging it around sucked big time and I would doubt SS would ever offer another PF for a convetion exclusive ever again.

That being said I would expect
1 1:6th SW
1 Dio SW
1 1:6th LOTR
1 Dead
1 Marvel Archive
the last I have no idea

Back