Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cory I love your story, from the "beached whale" beginning to the "not mint" end. It truly captures about 1/2 of the Hasbro Hassle.

IMO, they should just do the exclusives online. It's one of the reasons cc tickets sell out, because people go just to make money, to the point some use their children and wifes. They can care less about panels 'n such.

Agreed. The heart has died at SDCC.

If all exclusives were buy online and ship, however silly that sounds, attendance would likely plummet. Or at least drop significantly. And movement around the place would be so much easier and delightful.

Agreed. The heart has died at SDCC.

If all exclusives were buy online and ship, however silly that sounds, attendance would likely plummet. Or at least drop significantly. And movement around the place would be so much easier and delightful.

Even as nice as that sounds, sdcc still would sell out. It's got everything, comics, movies, tv shows, videogames, anime. Just call it pop culturecon already ;)

What?!?!? The adventure time booth is a replica of the ice king's castle?

Also, the external stuff that you don't need con passes for sounds amazing so far.

What's the limit on the hasbro exclusives? I hate to see scalpers loading carts and carts away as I'm still in line...

I'm wrong again! :(

No, you were right as to one major reason why it sells out so quickly. Put those exclusives online and sdcc gets less crowded with riff raff carrying their massive bags taking up the walk way.

I'm not attending this year, but hopefully in the near future.

To those that are, I'm looking to get a hold of a SDCC Exclusive (from the Bandai booth.) If anyone is able to help out, I can compensate for your time/effort. Drop me a PM, if possible!

I'm not a big "ooh, ahh, someone famous" type of person. But even I'll admit that last year when Stallone and Schwarzenegger came out for Expendables II, I got goosebumps. So many awesome movies between those two from my childhood.....Those guys are legends.

And I'd put Ford right there with them, Indy....Star Wars....

What's the limit on the hasbro exclusives? I hate to see scalpers loading carts and carts away as I'm still in line...

I don't think they announce the limits until the convention starts and people show up to the booth where the order sheets are handed out. You can bet that the GI Joe/Transformers set will be limited to 1 per person though.

The scalpers that you see loading carts buy the max of everything, so there is just too much to carry. I have seen them try to haul out multiple Sentinels, Helicarriers, and Bruticus sets on top of everything else and it definitely take a group effort to get through that crowd to the parking lot. Some of them should hire security the way I've seen people looking at them.

I don't think they announce the limits until the convention starts and people show up to the booth where the order sheets are handed out. You can bet that the GI Joe/Transformers set will be limited to 1 per person though.

The scalpers that you see loading carts buy the max of everything, so there is just too much to carry. I have seen them try to haul out multiple Sentinels, Helicarriers, and Bruticus sets on top of everything else and it definitely take a group effort to get through that crowd to the parking lot. Some of them should hire security the way I've seen people looking at them.

I guess we can wait in the back and jump the scalpers after seeing them load a bunch of exclusives :yess:

Back