Comic Con 2013

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder what the WB panel will include now? I was told by a reliable source that Saturday was going to be incredible at Hall H....I guess we'll find out in 5 days. :)

They'll be offering a Supernatural panel on Sunday!!! That's all I know! :lol :rock :rock :rock

They just shared this BADASS!!!

null_zps8cc02890.jpg

Just a heads up for SDCC, the wife and I just got back from a weekened in San Diego & La Jolla (we drove down) and the homeless were out in force in the Gaslamp Quarter. We go down a couple times a year and I don't think it has ever been this 'bad' (sorry, can't think of a better word).

We parked on the Northern corner of 3rd/4th by Sevilla and there was a group of 15+ in the parking lot screaming at each other, pretending to play basketball with a wall, talking to themselves, and just doing crazy stuff. One guy walked right by us as we were getting the parking receipt, pulled off his shirt, then started doing leg lifts & push-ups on a concrete block. :cuckoo: We also saw open drug deals and too many people sleeping on the ground to count.

We go to San Diego a few times a year but we definitely did not feel safe as it started getting dark. On a side note, the Pussycat Dolls were doing some outdoor concert by the Hard Rock Cafe, so we had VERY loud, obnoxious music to hear.

They usually move them all out so I don't think any issues with homeless people. Their music may be annoying but their easy on the eyes.

If you're a of Middle-earth and think there will be nothing Hobbit TORn will have a panel on Thursday. It will be from 5:30-6:30 in room 6a.

Man I hope waking up at 2am in the morning on Friday would land me a chance to get the exclusives from hasbro..

First time CC though!

Just a heads up for SDCC, the wife and I just got back from a weekened in San Diego & La Jolla (we drove down) and the homeless were out in force in the Gaslamp Quarter. We go down a couple times a year and I don't think it has ever been this 'bad' (sorry, can't think of a better word).

We parked on the Northern corner of 3rd/4th by Sevilla and there was a group of 15+ in the parking lot screaming at each other, pretending to play basketball with a wall, talking to themselves, and just doing crazy stuff. One guy walked right by us as we were getting the parking receipt, pulled off his shirt, then started doing leg lifts & push-ups on a concrete block. :cuckoo: We also saw open drug deals and too many people sleeping on the ground to count.

We go to San Diego a few times a year but we definitely did not feel safe as it started getting dark. On a side note, the Pussycat Dolls were doing some outdoor concert by the Hard Rock Cafe, so we had VERY loud, obnoxious music to hear.

The homeless are rustled up for this weekend and moved to the outer skirts of town. This event is way too important for San Diego's economy.

That being said, walking at 11pm from the Convention Center to the W hotel is kind of eye opening. So many homeless. Not as bad as NYC, though. NYC homeless love close-talking you.

Can you still go to the Hasbro exclusive booth and pick up or do you need a ticket? I thought the ticket is like a fast pass?

I think it depends on the item. All I can speak from is my experience last year where I showed up at the Sails Pavilion at 5am. Waited in line until 7:30 when someone from Hasbro showed up and told us that about half of their exclusives were already 100% gone (this was on Saturday). I wanted two items (Helicarrier and XForce 3 pack), the Helicarrier was still available and XForce was already gone.

I elected to stick around to get my ticket for the Helicarrier. Then I ended up missing out on Hall H because of my time in the Hasbro line. Later that afternoon we went into the exhibit hall to buy our helicarrier only to find not a single person in line at the booth. Then we were told that they had plenty of helicarriers left, so we didn't even need to have the ticket - basically anyone could just stroll up and buy a helicarrier.

last hasbro exclusive i bought was 501st legion lol 2006, we just walked right up, i though you could too. We will be there thurs thru sat and think my chances should be good on Thursday first thing! I will be waiting for a while but would hate to be told, where's your ticket once i get to the cashier.

I also am going for the line on thursday. We should meet up in line.

I usually make thursday my exclusive day, and then enjoy the rest of the days away from the hasbro/mattel area

I also am going for the line on thursday. We should meet up in line.

I usually make thursday my exclusive day, and then enjoy the rest of the days away from the hasbro/mattel area

I'm down man, if i can knock it out day 1 then i'm good for the remaining days!

Back