[CGL Toys] X-Men: Young Magneto 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to get a custom project together for that outfit years ago. I may have to buy, and hope for a superior sculpt to appear.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The tailoring could be better, but this is a dream figure for me, so if/when it gets released, I'm there. I do have a Fassbender head I was saving for a custom FC Magneto, so I'm less concerned about the current head sculpt. Now to source the helmet...

Hoping he has a separate helmeted sculpt.
60996626a83a178ce4b21c90b9ce73fc.jpg

While im happy we are finally getting this, im really disappointed that the head sculpt looks like Michael Fassbender had a child with Karl from SlingBlade.

The likeness isn't 100% but I don't think it looks bad. Better than what Toys Era did.

I just wish he had his longer hair from First Class since they're going with that uniform.

Helmet isn't wearable on this guy, but thankfully I have some spare Fassbender sculpts lying around so maybe I can mod something for him...

I wanted this FC version so bad, but I would be much happier with a better headsculpt with the longer hair to put on this. Can anyone recommend an available headsculpt? I haven't kept up with all the different X-Men movie releases, so I'm not sure what Fassbender headsculpts are out there.

I wanted this FC version so bad, but I would be much happier with a better headsculpt with the longer hair to put on this. Can anyone recommend an available headsculpt? I haven't kept up with all the different X-Men movie releases, so I'm not sure what Fassbender headsculpts are out there.

Unsurprisingly, there aren't a lot of Fassbender head sculpt options.

There were two Toys Era Fassbender figures from DofP and Apocalypse, so the head sculpts have the shorter hair (and the likeness isn't that great either). The Apocalypse version does have removable hair, so if you have the skill set, you could create your own FC hair style.

There have been various third party/custom head sculpts floating around on ebay. There was a DiD sculpt based on Fassbender from Inglorious Basterds, which is close to the FC look; but I settled on this one. I think it's based on a Headplay or Modern Life release, but I really like the likeness. I ordered it unpainted though, so I still need to find a painter to work their magic on it. And I'll need a neck too.

Modern Life does have a limited run Fassbender head sculpt from Apocalypse that looks pretty good (but costs over $300).

Yeah, I did some looking and I wasn't that impressed with others I saw. Gonna have to put some money into it, but I'm still going to order both Magneto and Xavier First Class versions. I've wanted them since seeing the movie. It's by far and away my favorite of the Fox X-Men films (followed by Logan).

Ditto-- First Class is easily my favorite X-Men movie (DoFP is in second for me), so I've been planning a display shelf for FC Xavier and Magneto ever since the first McAvoy figure came out. I was going to go for comic-inspired outfits to fit the rest of my figure collection (Xavier in a suit in a wheelchair, Magneto in his red/purple getup from the final scene), but I also really love the blue/yellow outfits (Magneto with the grey helmet is possibly my favorite movie visual, comic accuracy be damned), so I'm not sure what I'll decide on for my display. I'll order them all, then figure it out from there.

Back