Action Figure CC_TOYS the last survivor Joe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm finding it very difficult to sell anything at the moment. Never usually have 1/6 figures on sale for more than a couple of days before I've had offers and sold then.....right now I've had about 6 figures sitting on ebay at very good prices for weeks, no interest.

Feel like I am selling these (with the correct tbleague body for ellie) for a reasonable price and have put best offer on the listing, but nobody is interested.

May be the financial issues surrounding pandemic, but also suspect the last of us 2 fiasco has also put people off.

I'm finding it very difficult to sell anything at the moment. Never usually have 1/6 figures on sale for more than a couple of days before I've had offers and sold then.....right now I've had about 6 figures sitting on ebay at very good prices for weeks, no interest.

Feel like I am selling these (with the correct tbleague body for ellie) for a reasonable price and have put best offer on the listing, but nobody is interested.

May be the financial issues surrounding pandemic, but also suspect the last of us 2 fiasco has also put people off.
Do you happen to be selling the Phicen body for Ellie by itself? I still need one for my set. I've had her clothes and sculpts bagged up since release.

That could very well be because of the new Part 2 figures, from what I hear the game and the reaction to it hasn't affected sales at all but it's still weird you can't find a buyer for the figures of the first game since I see a lot of people looking for them, could also be the pandemic, I had to pay extra for the last figure I ordered to arrive faster and it still took me 2 months to arrive.

I've heard sales of the game are hugely disappointing. I hear that there is a lot of PR and damage control going on. Stories of naughty dog having negative comments removed on sites and youtube videos taken down.

The critics reviews and the actual user reviews aggregates seem quite a distance apart.

Yes, they produced and shipped 4 million copies of the game (I believe) and are touting that as the huge sales, apparently a large amount of the stock is reportedly sitting unsold in stores, whereas Ghost of Tsushima in contrast is sold out in most shops.

Other stories are available of course, but I suspect that the damage to what they have sold compared to what they expected to sell has been done.

Do you happen to be selling the Phicen body for Ellie by itself? I still need one for my set. I've had her clothes and sculpts bagged up since release.

Hey there, sorry I'm selling the whole package of the two figures with the body as a whole.....thought that.might help the sale. Not yet!

I've heard sales of the game are hugely disappointing. I hear that there is a lot of PR and damage control going on. Stories of naughty dog having negative comments removed on sites and youtube videos taken down.

The critics reviews and the actual user reviews aggregates seem quite a distance apart.

Yes, they produced and shipped 4 million copies of the game (I believe) and are touting that as the huge sales, apparently a large amount of the stock is reportedly sitting unsold in stores, whereas Ghost of Tsushima in contrast is sold out in most shops.

Other stories are available of course, but I suspect that the damage to what they have sold compared to what they expected to sell has been done.

I should've expressed myself better, I meant the sales of the CCToys Part 2 figures are doing well :lol, as far as the actual game yes it has been doing horribly after release, over here most of the stores have sold out on Ghost of Tsushima (Amazing game btw, highly recommend it) while TLOU2 keeps getting the price knocked down, it's honestly depressing, I wasn't a fan of the story but I feel bad for all the people who worked hard on the actual game because it is groundbreaking graphics wise and the gameplay is very immersive and satisfying but the story... just wasn't a lot of peoples cup of tea.

Yes, I am playing through Tsushima now and it's great, after reinvesting the money I had planned to spend on Last of Us 2. All of my gamer friends who had played LoU2 found it a miserable, unenjoyable experience and immediately sold the game on after getting through it, so I thought I'd spare myself the disappointment and pretend Last of Us was a stand alone game.....and Joel and Ellie lived happily ever after.
How you can develop a game for THAT long and not question the appeal of those story choices baffles me. I had faith in naughty dog after they delivered a satisfying conclusion to Uncharted that they wouldn't go in such an unwanted direction.

If I ever do play it, it will be at the point I can pick it up used for a fiver, or when it goes free on PSPlus in a few years.....they aren't getting my money.

Anyway, sorry for distressing.

Yes, I am playing through Tsushima now and it's great, after reinvesting the money I had planned to spend on Last of Us 2. All of my gamer friends who had played LoU2 found it a miserable, unenjoyable experience and immediately sold the game on after getting through it, so I thought I'd spare myself the disappointment and pretend Last of Us was a stand alone game.....and Joel and Ellie lived happily ever after.
How you can develop a game for THAT long and not question the appeal of those story choices baffles me. I had faith in naughty dog after they delivered a satisfying conclusion to Uncharted that they wouldn't go in such an unwanted direction.

If I ever do play it, it will be at the point I can pick it up used for a fiver, or when it goes free on PSPlus in a few years.....they aren't getting my money.

Anyway, sorry for distressing.

If the story is different than anything ?fans? want, it?s bad and miserable, unenjoyable, etc etc
TLOU 2 is a masterpiece. There are no heroes on that story, not even the psychopath Joel.

WARNING....POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

We are allowed to enjoy or not enjoy something. I'm pleased that you thought it was a masterpiece. The choices taken just do not appeal to me. My brother played it through (we share game tastes and both love the original), I was highly sceptical already and he warned me off it, he couldn't have disliked the game more. His thoughts, great visuals, very dated gameplay mechanics and an unpleasant, unsatisfying storyline. Each to their own. I'm not about to spend a good chunk of money on something that I am very likely going to dislike based on everything that I already know coupled with the opinion of game loving people that I respect. As I said, i may get to play it in the distant future when i can get it for buttons, but it's doubtful, I am already short on playing time and their are a lot of games vying for that time.

I don't think that its necessarily about "what fans want", I'm not into "fan pleasing" at all, you can't keep everyone happy. I just think it's a fairly reasonable expectation that a game that became so popular through the love of it's two main characters and their relationship development that a sequel would maintain that dynamic......to maintain its success. Surely that's just logic (and good business) rather than fan pleasing? If it was my business and my money making (losing) opportunity, I know which direction I would have taken.....the safe one. Common sense. We are making a sequel, your primary market are the people who bought the first game. So the first question you ask....what did those people love about the first game?

Instead, a decision was taken to "subvert expectations", end one of those characters prematurely and give the other one a melancholic ending. I can appreciate that some may enjoy that, seems to me that on the face of things, and on the reported disappointing sales, a lot of LOU players didn't.

As for Joel being a psychopath, that is certainly not my take on the character. An already damaged man who chose saving the life of his pseudo-surrogate child over the lives of those who were about to kill a child to save others seems like a perfectly human action to me, and though of course the child of someone who Joel had killed might see him that way, he had his own justifiable motivations that the player can see very differently. I have a daughter Ellie's age. I can understand his actions. Probably one of the reasons I loved that first game (I came to it late).

Anyway, when I play a sequel to a game that I loved 100% due to its lead characters dynamic, their relationship, I don't see it as subverting expectations to completely throw that dynamic away to replace it with something different, I just see it as a disappointment. I'm interested in Joel and Ellie. They took that away. That original game WAS that relationship.....it certainly wasn't its cutting edge gameplay mechanics. The farce of the deliberately misleading marketing subsequent to the leaks only demonstrates how nervous naughty dog became after realising just how unpopular some of those story decisions were.

I'm pleased that some are enjoying it, that's great, but I have no motivation to play it as my reason to do so was removed. If Naughty Dog wanted to make a sequel for the people who loved playing as Joel and Ellie, they would have done so, they chose to try something different. A gamble on their part, but it's their game and their money I guess, they must be happy for me NOT to purchase it.

As i said, each to their own, this is just my feelings on the subject, other opinions are (as always) available :)

Got carried away there.......apologies!

If the story is different than anything ?fans? want, it?s bad and miserable, unenjoyable, etc etc
TLOU 2 is a masterpiece. There are no heroes on that story, not even the psychopath Joel.

I respectfully disagree, I think a lot of the disappointment of the majority of fans goes far deeper than just not getting the story they wanted, I would even say that the death of the "psycopath" Joel, whom everyone and their mother knew was going to die in the sequel, wasn't even peoples biggest issue with this game, for me it was a combination of several things that simply didn't work, I have lengthy posts in this same thread describing why the story disappointed me and detailing the reasons why, these are quite long posts too and I think no one has read them in their entirety except @Asta, who has some great counter arguments that should be read as well. I have to say though, you said fans who didn't like the story thought it was "bad and miserable, unenjoyable" which is funny when Neil Druckmann and Troy Baker have said multiple times that that was exactly how they wanted the game to be recieved, they wanted it to be miserable and exhausting, Troy Baker even has an interview where he says "The minute this game is liked, we've failed" so I guess they achieved what they wanted? :lol In the same interview he also says ""We wanna make games we want to play" which sounds very backwards and selfish to me, studios, wether they like it or not, have the duty to make a product for the costumers and not themsevels.
These are just my opinions of course, in no way am I tying to lessen your enjoyment of the game, I wish I could have the same enjoyment but there are too many things bringing down the expirience for me, but when it comes to graphics,as Ellie once said "you can't deny that view though."

WARNING....POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

We are allowed to enjoy or not enjoy something. I'm pleased that you thought it was a masterpiece. The choices taken just do not appeal to me. My brother played it through (we share game tastes and both love the original), I was highly sceptical already and he warned me off it, he couldn't have disliked the game more. His thoughts, great visuals, very dated gameplay mechanics and an unpleasant, unsatisfying storyline. Each to their own. I'm not about to spend a good chunk of money on something that I am very likely going to dislike based on everything that I already know coupled with the opinion of game loving people that I respect. As I said, i may get to play it in the distant future when i can get it for buttons, but it's doubtful, I am already short on playing time and their are a lot of games vying for that time.

I don't think that its necessarily about "what fans want", I'm not into "fan pleasing" at all, you can't keep everyone happy. I just think it's a fairly reasonable expectation that a game that became so popular through the love of it's two main characters and their relationship development that a sequel would maintain that dynamic......to maintain its success. Surely that's just logic (and good business) rather than fan pleasing? If it was my business and my money making (losing) opportunity, I know which direction I would have taken.....the safe one. Common sense. We are making a sequel, your primary market are the people who bought the first game. So the first question you ask....what did those people love about the first game?

Instead, a decision was taken to "subvert expectations", end one of those characters prematurely and give the other one a melancholic ending. I can appreciate that some may enjoy that, seems to me that on the face of things, and on the reported disappointing sales, a lot of LOU players didn't.

As for Joel being a psychopath, that is certainly not my take on the character. An already damaged man who chose saving the life of his pseudo-surrogate child over the lives of those who were about to kill a child to save others seems like a perfectly human action to me, and though of course the child of someone who Joel had killed might see him that way, he had his own justifiable motivations that the player can see very differently. I have a daughter Ellie's age. I can understand his actions. Probably one of the reasons I loved that first game (I came to it late).

Anyway, when I play a sequel to a game that I loved 100% due to its lead characters dynamic, their relationship, I don't see it as subverting expectations to completely throw that dynamic away to replace it with something different, I just see it as a disappointment. I'm interested in Joel and Ellie. They took that away. That original game WAS that relationship.....it certainly wasn't its cutting edge gameplay mechanics. The farce of the deliberately misleading marketing subsequent to the leaks only demonstrates how nervous naughty dog became after realising just how unpopular some of those story decisions were.

I'm pleased that some are enjoying it, that's great, but I have no motivation to play it as my reason to do so was removed. If Naughty Dog wanted to make a sequel for the people who loved playing as Joel and Ellie, they would have done so, they chose to try something different. A gamble on their part, but it's their game and their money I guess, they must be happy for me NOT to purchase it.

As i said, each to their own, this is just my feelings on the subject, other opinions are (as always) available :)

Got carried away there.......apologies!
Very well said, especially the bit about Joel, while I do not have a child, I think almost everyone can empathize with Joels decision at the end of the first game, it's a very selfish decision but one made out of love above anything, not the decision of a psycopath but the one of a father.
I would say you should definitely play the game at least once, despite the story being disappointing (imo) it's still a gorgeous game with some solid gameplay, my biggest gripe would be that it's still a bit outdated but it's a vastly improved version of the gameplay of the first game, especially the combat, and the details... my, the details are insane, you can see detailed fingerprint textures on Ellies fingers, it's unlike anything I've seen, so while the story leaves a lot to be desired, the actual game itself is insanely well crafted and I think Nughty Dog deserves all the praise in that particular aspect.

Spoken like a true sociopath. I can understand if you yourself enjoyed the game, but at least try to not act so one-sided?

Joel?s a psychopath? If Joel?s a psychopath, then you might as well consider Abby the devil incarnate.

I too, feel bad for the employees who worked hard on this game, but when you do some digging on the internet and look around, it?s almost as if this game was made through, forced labour and hard-work. Hell, so many of the developers that worked on TLOU 1, have left the studio, and Naughty Dog remains infamous for its crunch culture, cycling through it?s employees and draining them of their passion and energy before moving onto the next batch.

I?m just hoping that the devs got their money, and got the hell out of Dodge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can we just talk about the figure?

is there a side by side comparison between the 2 company release?

Loved the game myself. Nobody is safe in the world of the Last of Us....not even Joel. Do bad stuff, comes back to haunt you eventually.

As for the figure....is the jacket provided in the Joel Winter Set the same as the one provided in the new Pt II CCToys version?

can we just talk about the figure?

is there a side by side comparison between the 2 company release?
There can't be one because Master Team is reworking their Ellie so a comparasion right now wouldn't be accurate.
Loved the game myself. Nobody is safe in the world of the Last of Us....not even Joel. Do bad stuff, comes back to haunt you eventually.
I agree, as I said in my very long posts explaining my disappointment with the story I'm actually fine with Joel dying at the beginning of the game and getting the fallout between him and Ellie in flashbacks but it needed to be done in a better way, the way he walked straight into a trap and got killed with a golf club of all things was extremely weak and then we don't even get that many flashbacks exploring their fallout because half the game has to be dedicated to Abby which was a huge mistake, I've said time and time again the biggest issue of the game is its structure, had they polished the script a bit more, changed how a few things unfold and instead of diving the game between two characters, juggled between one and the other this game wouldn't have been so devisive.
Also since I think Abby lived because they want to keep the series going with her, letting us pick who to fight with at the theatre fight would've been a pretty smart move as by the end of the game you would be more attached to one character or the other.
Again I can't stress this enough this is just my opinion, I am not one of the people who say the game sucks because it's too woke or because Joel died, my reasons for not liking the story go way deeper than that and I've explained them all in detail in this thread, I'm glad for those who do love the story and I wish I could feel the same way.
As for the figure....is the jacket provided in the Joel Winter Set the same as the one provided in the new Pt II CCToys version?
It is not, tho is does look pretty similar, it's also not very accurate to the one in the game:
qrmiPT6.jpg

8FWnW72.jpg

OBQRqGx.png

Damn, I guess the figure is ... alright? I think it will still be fine for hardcore fans, but it doesn?t look great to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone have an extra ellie or joel sculpt for sale I need them to create winter versions

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Since this is kind of the TLOU thread I'll ask here.

Now that we know Pedro Pascal and Bella Ramsey are playing Joel and Ellie on the HBO show, depending on how well it does, I wonder if there will be a higher demand for figures of the HBO show than the video games and if people would buy them?
The video game characters will always be THE Joel and Ellie to me but I can see Threezero, Mcfarlane and some others making figures of the show, with the possibility for video game versions.

So what are your thoughts everyone? Would you still prefer more game figures or would you trade in game Joel for zombie killer Pedro Pascal?

I don't think they will replace the game characters for old TLoU fans. For me they won't. But it doesn't mean I can't fall in love with these versions of the characters too. If the show is a hit I can see the big companies making figures from it but I don't see it improving the chances of the game characters figures getting made.

I'm with Pharaoh on this that the originals will always be of primary importance, but the TV versions could also provide an interesting addition.

However, I think the interest raised by the series might trigger third party companies into making more figures from the game itself.

I prefer TLOU1/TLOU2 (Flashback) over the TV show if we had to get one. I have no doubt that the show will be good and Pedro will kill it but it's definitely gonna be it's own take on the two characters. Nothing wrong with getting both and probably what most people will do if the show even ends up being good but if I had to pick one, I would rather go with the Joel and Ellie from TLOU1. I also have no doubt that companies will probably start to focus on the tv show characters once the show actually comes out.

Hope we can get some good 1/6 TLOU game figures before that craziness happens with the TV show.

Back