Catwoman and Bane confirmed for TDK Rises!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodpost:
I can't stand Holmes (even more so nowadays) but Maggie was useless as well, when I saw the movie in the cinema, everyone cheered and laughed at her pathetic death scene.

Exactly, Maggie's portryal was poor, her character was just not likeable. That's why I didnt feel bad at all when she died.

Anne Hathaway is a beautiful young woman and a talented actress. She is also not a Hollywood midget who's going to look ridiculous standing next to the grownups and will look great if they have her wearing a modern comic style costume in the film. She has dark hair and big brown eyes and that looks like Selina Kyle to me. I can think of a lot of great scenarios for Selina and Bruce and Batman and Catwoman that will work very well in a movie, and the Nolan boys certainly know more about scripting a film than I do.
I do have faith in Nolan but Bane does seem like a very different choice than I would have thought he'd make. I suspect this film may get a little more out there in science fiction aspects than the first two in the trilogy. Of course it may not either since Nolan will recreate the character to suit his sensibilities. Casting Tom Hardy who is not a very tall fellow suggests a different take than we generally have seen in comics. Bane is a brilliant man in the comics, but he's also massive in a way Hardy is never going to be so the take on his character may be more about his exploits as a mastermind and less about his luchador persona. Looking forward to more news as it becomes available.

Exactly, Maggie's portryal was poor, her character was just not likeable. That's why I didnt feel bad at all when she died.

I think she can be a pretty good actress, i was expecting a lot from her in TDK, but she was another female lead mistake. I think Hathaway is an interesting choice, fingers xed.:pray:

I think she can be a pretty good actress, i was expecting a lot from her in TDK, but she was another female lead mistake. I think Hathaway is an interesting choice, fingers xed.:pray:

She'll take the trophy from maggie as the worst and least popular character in the dark knight trilogy, and set a new standard in the nolanverse.

I still vote for megan fox.

Or bring back pfiffer as catwoman again. With the mask on, and proper CGI in shaping her frame, she'd be good to go.

She'll take the trophy from maggie as the worst and least popular character in the dark knight trilogy, and set a new standard in the nolanverse.

I still vote for megan fox.

Or bring back pfiffer as catwoman again. With the mask on, and proper CGI in shaping her frame, she'd be good to go.

Pfeiffer coming back would be grrreat, but thats not happening. Megan Fox has the personality of a lego brick. Why? oh Why?

happy with the choices.. IN NOLAN I TRUST. I've always liked anne o_O
Anne-Hathaway-2.jpg

Last edited:
Noobs who only know Bane from Schumacher should STFU.

In KNIGHTFALL, Bane studied Batman, devised the Arkham breakout, lying in wait for Batman to be demoralized and weakened, and then he STRUCK.

Maybe he's not a Ra's al Ghul mastermind, but he is a brilliant tactician, so I definitely agree, Warden.

This is great news all around, and I trust Nolan to knock another one out of the park.

Exactly. Bane is a calculating, dangerous son of a _____ if there ever was one. And with Tom Hardy playing him, I suspect it's going to be a lot like what he did in Bronson just in Gotham City. I suspect will see a broken bat too. And that's why the film is called The Dark Knight Rises.

I recall no one was down with "pretty boy" Ledger as The Joker. The boards were alive with dire prediction. Nolan has my trust.

someone please send me a link of the thread where everyone was hating on ledger before TDK came out, i want to get a good laugh.

I think Anne Hathaway is a good choice. Bane is an odd choice, I have a feeling Nolan will make him more realistic. Maybe a former wrestler pumped up on steroids, but none of that venom stuff.

I've never really understood why Bane is seen as such a great bad guy. He wore Batman down using a dozen other criminals then defeated him.

Movies have tried endlessly to make Hathaway appear sexy and mature and it rarely works. She generally comes off as a petulant spoiled entitled know-it-all 20-something brat or irritating teen queen who's huge face takes up half the screen. Selina is sex appeal personified without even trying. Give Hathaway the lead in Mean Girls 3 or some other romantic comedy I'd never see. Yeesh. I am not a fan of this actress.

I think Anne Hathaway is a good choice. Bane is an odd choice, I have a feeling Nolan will make him more realistic. Maybe a former wrestler pumped up on steroids, but none of that venom stuff.

I've never really understood why Bane is seen as such a great bad guy. He wore Batman down using a dozen other criminals then defeated him.
I'm not sure where Nolan is going with Bane, either. But, I'm sure it will be good (even if it is really nothing like any Bane we've seen before).

The chick will be fine. And is fine.

I prefer Eva Green to play as Selina Kyle.

Not me. If there was ever an actress set up to play Ra's Al Ghul's daughter Talia it's Eva Green. Even pairing her with Liam Neeson as her father would be spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back