Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's good news to me. I know there's a lot of people who want him to stay in the 40's but how many times can they make a movie that takes place within the events of the first one with making a believable story involving a bigger threat than Red Skull:dunno

Even though I'd like to see the next Cap take place in WWII, I like the idea of it being in modern times. I really hope we see Red Skull again. :pray:

I cannot wait for Tuesday, CA is my most anticipated br of all the summer flicks. I loved this movie :clap

Tuesday can't get here fast enough! :impatient:

I am cool with a sequel in 2014. But, I would much rather the sequel be a WWII story. Avengers will cover modern time, for the most part.

There are just so many WWII stories to tell, and more Howling Commando action is never a bad thing.

I'd love to see more Howling Commandos! :rock

Thats great news! Will have my arse in the seats to see it.

My Blu will be here Monday a day early and I'll be having a Marvel marathon this weekend.

Two more days! :rock

As for Cap 2, I don't really want it set in WWII since we know how that all plays out. Making it a "mequel" (middle pre/sequel :lol) would pretty much eliminate any stakes the story might have.

I think a cool thing they could do is have the fist 10-15 minutes be a Terminator-style flashback to a war in another time period (obviously WWII in this case) where Cap and Bucky can be in this epic jaw dropping period action sequence and toward the end Bucky looks at Cap and his face is replaced with the Red Skull's. Cut to Cap waking with a start in modern times and looking out at the 21st century New York skyline. Or something to that effect so you get both periods but most of it being set in modern times.

Having a Bucky nightmare could also be a nice reference to the first time Cap woke from the ice in Avengers #4.

Two more days! :rock

As for Cap 2, I don't really want it set in WWII since we know how that all plays out. Making it a "mequel" (middle pre/sequel :lol) would pretty much eliminate any stakes the story might have.

I think a cool thing they could do is have the fist 10-15 minutes be a Terminator-style flashback to a war in another time period (obviously WWII in this case) where Cap and Bucky can be in this epic jaw dropping period action sequence and toward the end Bucky looks at Cap and his face is replaced with the Red Skull's. Cut to Cap waking with a start in modern times and looking out at the 21st century New York skyline. Or something to that effect so you get both periods but most of it being set in modern times.

Having a Bucky nightmare could also be a nice reference to the first time Cap woke from the ice in Avengers #4.

Give this man a writing contract! :lol

I like that dream sequence you describe. :hi5: :rock

Give this man a writing contract! :lol

Thank you. :bow :duff

I like that dream sequence you describe. :hi5: :rock

I've actually given a ton of thought to how Cap could play out on screen for geez, almost 20 years now as its coincided with my own dreams to direct feature films.

Before TFA the most epic Cap story I could imagine featured a climax where he escapes a helicarrier contaminated by the Red Skull (seconds before it explodes of course) in a dropship only to eject without a parachute a short time later as enemy pilots converge on him in their aircraft and destroy his vessel. I couldn't imagine any fight more one-sided then a guy in freefall with no chute or vehicle against other pilots zeroing in on him. I pictured him doing all that cool stuff skydivers do to turn and propel their bodies in midair to avoid enemy gunfire and then throwing his shield through the cockpit glass of an approaching fighter and then diving into the craft and taking over the controls allowing him to shoot the others out of the sky.

I can't tell you how surreal it was to watch him fighting those Hydra agents on that little propellor plane at the end of TFA. Fighting the Skull's men in the bomber, being cast out and hanging onto the fighter, knocking that guy into the propeller and then taking over the plane. Obviously it wasn't the same but seeing almost exactly what I always wanted all these years, though slightly bittersweet since it wasn't me who did it, made for one of the most awesome cinematic events I'll probably have in my adult life.

TFA so profoundly exceeded my expectations I can't even fully put it into words. Come on Tuesday. :D

Thank you. :bow :duff

I've actually given a ton of thought to how Cap could play out on screen for geez, almost 20 years now as its coincided with my own dreams to direct feature films.

Before TFA the most epic Cap story I could imagine featured a climax where he escapes a helicarrier contaminated by the Red Skull (seconds before it explodes of course) in a dropship only to eject without a parachute a short time later as enemy pilots converge on him in their aircraft and destroy his vessel. I couldn't imagine any fight more one-sided then a guy in freefall with no chute or vehicle against other pilots zeroing in on him. I pictured him doing all that cool stuff skydivers do to turn and propel their bodies in midair to avoid enemy gunfire and then throwing his shield through the cockpit glass of an approaching fighter and then diving into the craft and taking over the controls allowing him to shoot the others out of the sky.

I can't tell you how surreal it was to watch him fighting those Hydra agents on that little propellor plane at the end of TFA. Fighting the Skull's men in the bomber, being cast out and hanging onto the fighter, knocking that guy into the propeller and then taking over the plane. Obviously it wasn't the same but seeing almost exactly what I always wanted all these years, though slightly bittersweet since it wasn't me who did it, made for one of the most awesome cinematic events I'll probably have in my adult life.

TFA so profoundly exceeded my expectations I can't even fully put it into words. Come on Tuesday. :D

Khev...YOU ROCK!! :bow :rock :duff :rock :bow

Is it Tuesday yet? :impatient:

I'll actually make a special trip to Best Buy on Tuesday to pick up the exclusive Cap #1 comic slipcase cover.

captain_america_classic_blu_art.jpg

Hey just out of curiosity DS did you catch it in 3D in the theater?

I'll actually make a special trip to Best Buy on Tuesday to pick up the exclusive Cap #1 comic slipcase cover.

No steelbook for this huh? Yeah, I'll get this version as well. I got the slipcase for the Thor version too.

I'm still debating on which one to get. The best buy blu ray for $23 or for $2 more the 3D/blu ray pack. Don't got a 3D player yet.

Yup and I enjoyed it! Especially when Cap slung his shield! :yess:

Amazon does that for me a lot for some reason.

You lucky bastich! I want to be treated special by Amazon. :monkey2 :lol

Back