Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite parts of the trailer were the shots with Cap and Bucky. I loved their friendship in TFA, how it evolved in TWS and now here in Civil War, it's full circle. Evans and Stan are great together, really looking forward to seeing them together again.

The bro feels are undeniable.

I'm with you till the end of the line.

My favorite parts of the trailer were the shots with Cap and Bucky. I loved their friendship in TFA, how it evolved in TWS and now here in Civil War, it's full circle. Evans and Stan are great together, really looking forward to seeing them together again.

What about ....tony? :monkey2

BovAHYt.jpg

I'm sick of these huge, stupid macguffins in these big blockbuster movies anyway. I don't need to see another Death Star, or a telescope that will freeze the entire planet, or a nuclear fusion bomb, or an alien tesseract alien invasion thing, or a an island turned meteoroid. I prefer things be smaller and more intimate, like a character study.

That was my only problem with Winter Soldier, the whole "the helicarriers are gonna kill everyone!!" climax. They handled it well though. I'm hoping with this one the struggle between the opposing view points and characters is the focus and not a ticking time bomb or the end of the world.

I think most people can get behind that narrative at this point although we still have Thanos to sit thru......twice. :lol

IMs repulsors don't look to impressive in that fight.

Either his tech has been compromised or he's purposely holding back. I mean we've seen how easily Tony can blow stuff up, and I doubt that's what he wants to do against his fellow heroes which makes the beatdown from Steve and Bucky even more excruciating.

Was there something I missed? I don't remember seeing any actual friendship between these two in the movies. :lol

Yeah, they've been pretty snarky towards each other and let's be honest Tony doesn't really do deep relationships, he even struggles with Pepper. But I'm sure some thing happened in the interim between Avengers movies as he refers to Steve as "The Boss" yet still likes pushing each other's buttons on Clints farm.
Im sure it's a battlefield comradarie.

Was there something I missed? I don't remember seeing any actual friendship between these two in the movies. :lol

I thought the same way, but if you think about it, a lot of things that Tony got out of AOU were specifically derived from Cap's advice and morals:

Ultron: "How could you possibly hope to stop me?"
Tony: "Well, like the old man said... together."

The "old man" being a reference to Steve of course. So while they may not have been as close friends as say, Bucky and Steve were, I think Tony did learn to trust Steve well enough to feel genuinely betrayed especially after their grand teamwork at the end of AOU.

The thing about Age of Ultron is that I always thought it was called Age of Ultron was because that's what they were trying to STOP. Even Ultron was all like "all that will be left will be metal" which was the Age of Ultron.

The thing about Age of Ultron is that I always thought it was called Age of Ultron was because that's what they were trying to STOP. Even Ultron was all like "all that will be left will be metal" which was the Age of Ultron.

Seconded and I can actually back this up. :lecture

The whole film wasn't really meant to be "Age of Ultron", it's literally what they were trying to stop, which was Ultron's endgame. The art book even mentions this, in which the meteor and the extinction-level event would have been the beginning of the Age of Ultron. It does make for a misleading title though, especially since they only scarcely contextualized it in the film with that line.

Hi, we know that you just saved the earth from:

Ten Rings
Whiplash
Iron Monger
Red Skull
Hydra
Mandarin
Alien invasion
and annihilation from a falling mountain..........

but we need you to register because we don't trust you.

Wut!

So I just saw the trailer on the Jimmy Kimmel show I DVR'd. I wasn't too impressed with it. But then I realized Kimmel saying "You can watch the full trailer online." Also I recall Chris Evans saying "I have the teaser trailer" when he was introducing it. I didn't see Black Panther or the scene with Steve and the helicopter and some of the fights. I guess it wasn't the full 2:30 and will watch on Youtube. At least Star Wars will have the full one on the big screen.

I like Falcon's fight moves, Scarlet Witch flying, Cap chasing Black Panther, and Cap holding the helicopter.

I also notice Jimmy Kimmel always has all the good guests compared to other talk shows. He has the Star Wars cast, he had the whole Avengers cast at one point playing Family Feud.

Back