Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Captain America 3 (May 6, 2016)

Good point. It would obviously have to take some liberties from the original. My guess is, rather than focusing on identities, it will just focus on having more control over the activities of super powered folks. The original story's idea was compelling because of two factors we don't see yet in this universe: 1) secret identities; and 2) loads and loads of super heroes who would be affected by it. If you've just got 10 or 15 heroes running around in spandex, then the idea that you're infringing on the liberties of a notable group of citizens loses much of it's oomph. But maybe some of the forthcoming films will open the door up a bit for more super powered characters, such as the Inhumans. The Netflix guys should obviously play a role in this kind of movie, as the "urban" type heroes were the core of the resistance.

I don't think the Civil War story line makes sense because non of the Avengers in the films have secret identities, especially Capt America...everyone knows who he is :lol
They will play up the civil liberties vs government control. It's what the actual story was about being a vigilante or being a government employee.

If they're not careful the comics will be like the top pic and movie will be the bottom.

9589.jpg

Civil War could make for an interesting movie. I have the all-in-one and I thought it was pretty well done.

Wow! um Civil War anyone? Feige is really building the Marvel universe. Will be interesting to see what aspects they use in cinema from print. I hope they pay Evans as much as they are paying Downey for this movie. It is called Captain America 3 after all

But this is something you have not seen before Marvel is copying DC if they can generate all this buzz because they have two super heroes fight it out we can do the same.

It's good to see marvel go there I like there movies but they are very family oriented in tone in comparison to DC movies. They better not hold back because I am telling you now whoever kills of a main character first will capitalize on the shock value of that.

The end of civil war story line resulted in the death of captain america dieing only to be brought back to life later. It was an ok story but no one does it better then DC death and return of superman and a death in the family

But this is something you have not seen before Marvel is copying DC if they can generate all this buzz because they have two super heroes fight it out we can do the same.
Based on the article quoted earlier, the suggestion is that this was the plan for awhile now, and may have contributed to DC moving it's release date. If so, Marvel may have had the idea first.

Second scoop of the day: Variety is now reporting that Bryan Singer just announced the full title of his 2016 X-Men sequel. Xavier vs. Wolverine: Apocalypse.

Prof X: Wolverine, I need to probe your mind
Wolverine: Sure Chuck, but you've gotta let me probe you first *raises eyebrow suggestively*
*Prof X smiles knowingly*
*funky '70s music starts*

If they're not careful the comics will be like the top pic and movie will be the bottom.

9589.jpg

Neither of those are very impressive or "epic".

Now this on the other hand,

Prologue.jpg
Helms Deep.jpg
Minas Tirith.jpg

Could all the civil war discussion be the reason for the Spider-Man to marvel rumors?! I can't imagine the civil war story without spiderman in it. Maybe daredevil plays the spider role?

Why does everybody here want to see comic plots in the movies? Death of Cap... Civil War. I don't any of these would translate well in the big screen. They should just do original stuff.

Winter soldier was semi based on comic and it was awesome. The stories won't be literal adaptations.

Back