Captain America: Civil War (May 6, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Marvel should move away from the "Phases" and make their trilogy designations a little more official. Even a lot of people here don't seemingly realize how well the Cap films provide a beginning, middle, and end of sorts separate from the MCU at large.

This UK box set would be a real eye catcher on shelves here in the States and would go a long way in reminding casual viewers how good these three films are as a set.

mm00226952.jpg

The "Marvel Cinematic Universe" moniker is a great way to constantly remind everyone that characters from one film can appear in another but I think the downside is that people just lump it all together as one mega-narrative and miss individual character arcs and contributions from specific directors and writers.

good post khev, I agree.

I think this is one aspect that the DCEU has over the MCU. It all takes place in the same universe but the movies all have different styles and tones (so far).

I do think that the Cap trilogy is probably the best as far as an actual trilogy goes in the MCU, where Iron Man movies almost feel like James Bond style sequels in comparison.

good post khev, I agree.

Thanks!

I think this is one aspect that the DCEU has over the MCU. It all takes place in the same universe but the movies all have different styles and tones (so far).

Yeah, at first I thought the Marvel Phases were going to signify changing of the guards (actors) and soft reboots. But then Downey renewed after Avengers and everything kept playing out in sequence. So I'd prefer they just ditch "phases" altogether.

At least they aren't calling the individual films "Thor Ragnarok: A Marvel Studios Story." :monkey1

I think it might be nice if Marvel just came up with a semi-permanent team of Avengers who did not have their own individual films. Maybe have the team be Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Black Panther with Captain Marvel as the leader. Three guys, three gals. Throw in Vision if he survives Infinity War.

Then let Cap, IM, Hulk, and Spidey have their own little self-contained narratives that only rarely intersect with the Avengers. That would eliminate the feeling that some people have of every movie just being a lead-in to some other character's or team-up film.

Give Thor a break for a while.

I just don't like that they changed somthing because they are having a pissing contest with fox. I'm glad Sony cooperated with Disney. I'd be mad as hell if marvel started retconning and downplaying spiderman and eventually killed him off. But they would dare. Spiderman sells those toys way more than any other hero.

I just don't like that they changed somthing because they are having a pissing contest with fox. I'm glad Sony cooperated with Disney. I'd be mad as hell if marvel started retconning and downplaying spiderman and eventually killed him off. But they would dare. Spiderman sells those toys way more than any other hero.

They actually mind swapped Peter and Doc Ock a few years ago :lol

Yeah, if it were a purely creative decision--even a stupid creative decision *glares at Lightning Superman*--I would be more behind it. But everything today is driven purely by the almighty dollar. And I guess you could argue that this is the case for all the things we've seen in comics. But when it's this transparent, it's more annoying than usual. This argument also applies to the annual "super mega event" that kills off at least one beloved character (until he is brought back a few months later).

I think it might be nice if Marvel just came up with a semi-permanent team of Avengers who did not have their own individual films. Maybe have the team be Scarlet Witch, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Ant-Man and Black Panther with Captain Marvel as the leader. Three guys, three gals. Throw in Vision if he survives Infinity War.

Then let Cap, IM, Hulk, and Spidey have their own little self-contained narratives that only rarely intersect with the Avengers. That would eliminate the feeling that some people have of every movie just being a lead-in to some other character's or team-up film.

Give Thor a break for a while.

That sounds somewhat like West Coast Avengers, which would be a cool way to bring Mockingbird into the movies. She was great on AoS.

They're all Inhumans now

Actually, they're regular babies who were experimented on by the High Evolutionary... Hey, whatever drags ol'Wynham back from Limbo works for me...

PS: Damn good profile-pic! I loved Red Skull's get-up in OML. Wait... You've got the Red Skull as an... icon... Nazi!

That iron doom sig looks cool. Doom has an iron man suit now?

Well, technically not now, but he's the star of "Infamous Iron Man". After CWII, Stark is missing, so two characters suit up: Bendis' Pet OC as Ironheart, and starring in Invincible Iron Man, and the reformed Doctor Doom as Iron Man (it hasn't been revealed what his hero name will be), and starring in Infamous Iron Man. The former will be the usual teenage hero stuff, but Infamous will be an international book, and Bendis has said that it'll deal with threats both magical and scientific. So, for the first time in a while, I'm looking forward to a Marvel book written by Bendis...

Not to derail it, but I had a similar idea for a fan-fic a couple of years back. It would've been titled "Iron Man", and the protagonists would've been both Tony and Victor. One would create the Iron Man suit, and the other, due to his usual attitude and hardships would be molded into a metaphorical "Man of Iron", hence the title. I'd start my story at the very beginning (new Universe, new Origins, new Twists, all that) and it'd function like a regular monthly book. I'd swap the Reed/Vic relationship, and I'd replace it with a Tony/Vic friendship turned rivalry, kinda like the Obi-Wan/Anakin saga. Anyway, I had written a few outlines, done some sketches and designs for the characters, and after 100 or so hypothetical issues, Tony would "die", and Vic would become the new Iron Man.

Back