Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Lizzie Olsen already hinted at more probability altering and Wanda's powers becoming more like they are in the comics in Civil War so at least Steve has something that can fight Vision. But I seriously hope they still get together and get married! So we can get Billy and Tommy! I LOVE how she really wants to do House of M the most as a movie despite not having everyone. She gained some major brownie points there.

Anyone think they'll sculpt Winter Soldiers/Bucky's arm differently? Maybe diecast this time around?

Anyone think they'll sculpt Winter Soldiers/Bucky's arm differently? Maybe diecast this time around?

Generally there's not going to be any significant sculptural changes to a figure or part of figure unless there's a large change on screen or significant sales reason to do so. Creating new tooling (the molds, mold carrier, any swap out cavity or plates, and the part that attaches the mold cavity to the machinery..that's what "tooling" is more or less) is the largest production cost for figures. Any chance to reuse tooling is taken. Is how they can afford to take risks on lesser known or new sculpted figures that they are unsure will sell (tonto, jor-el). It gives them a cushion to operate with.

The profit margin on a new tooled figure is pretty low. But if they can reuse that later, like with the mk7 iron man body for example, that gives them the profit they need to do things like the Tie fighter and the 1:1 hulkbuster and other displays. Stuff like that. If there are no, or minor, changes to a part that already exist they won't redo the whole thing. And would pretty much never go from plastic to diecast. That's essentially a brand new figure.

Any chance to reuse tooling is taken.

Thankfully they do give us new sculpts more often than one might expect.

Is how they can afford to take risks on lesser known or new sculpted figures that they are unsure will sell (tonto, jor-el).

Reckon we'll ever see The Lone Ranger, given the development work is done?

Let this be true. :pray:

I hope so as well. I want a good solo Hulk movie.

One thing I never understood was the whole Bettie thing. Maybe I missed something along the line. Bruce mentions the destruction from the Incredible Hulk in the first Avengers movie. Tying that movie to the rest. I always thought Bettie was his love interest and then they make Widow (terrible IMO) be that for him. No mention of her what so ever. I hope they introduce the character again.

Even Thor mentioned Jane during AOU.

One thing I never understood was the whole Bettie thing. Maybe I missed something along the line. Bruce mentions the destruction from the Incredible Hulk in the first Avengers movie. Tying that movie to the rest. I always thought Bettie was his love interest and then they make Widow (terrible IMO) be that for him. No mention of her what so ever. I hope they introduce the character again.

P.S. Even Thor mentioned Jane during AOU.

Betty IS Bruce's chick. Joss said in the commentary that he put Nat and Bruce together as a sort of fancast of this couple from one of his favorite classic movies from the 40's or 50's that he'll never get to make to he shoved it in AOU. Very very stupid reason, imo.

Betty IS Bruce's chick. Joss said in the commentary that he put Nat and Bruce together as a sort of fancast of this couple from one of his favorite classic movies from the 40's or 50's that he'll never get to make to he shoved it in AOU. Very very stupid reason, imo.

Wow. That is a stupid reason.

Even Thor mentioned Jane during AOU.

I wish Ruffalo Banner hadn't referenced that movie. He wasn't in that, who's he kidding anyway? :lol

:slap

Betty: You been seeing other women?
Bruce: ... no.
*slaps him*
Betty: Hulk?
Hulk: HULK PLAY HIDE ZUCCHINI!!!

Well, Mark Ruffalo is a recasting for Ed Norton. Norton would have been in the Avengers movies had something not gone wrong between the parties. It's not the only recasting. Rhodey was played by Terrence Howard in the first Iron Man movie. Whether or not Hulk should get a sequel?... Hmm, well every other standalone character has two movies, and Ant-Man is getting a sequel..

Black Widow doesn't have her own movie, neither does Hawkeye. Not necessarily arguing that they deserve their own films, but just pointing it out. :lol

:exactly: :slap Agreed - thats a really stupid reason. I like both characters, but that romance subplot between them was my least favourite part of the film.

Back