Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure Crossbones will be the only reason for the SHRA. I believe it is going to also have something to do with all of the destruction that is caused by the battles between the Avengers and whatever foe they are fighting. This synopsis from Superhero Hype leads me to believe this.

"Captain America: Civil War picks up where Avengers: Age of Ultron left off, as Steve Rogers leads the new team of Avengers in their continued efforts to safeguard humanity. After another international incident involving the Avengers results in collateral damage, political pressure mounts to install a system of accountability and a governing body to determine when to enlist the services of the team. The new status quo fractures the Avengers while they try to protect the world from a new and nefarious villain."

Well I meant it as the last straw. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is in reaction to every event that's happened in the MCU so far, especially The Avengers, The Dark World, the Hulkbuster fight and the rest of Age of Ultron.

You guys think we'll get a Black Panther figure from this movie. His own movie was pushed back a long way. (thanks spidey)

the design is pretty gorram sweet!

black-panther-art.jpg

I personally don't like how Spidey pushed back newer properties back a few months but hey, it's about the money making in a sense. I'm truly happy we're gonna get a Spidey done right but I want Carol's movie to be sooner. :(

Well I meant it as the last straw. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this is in reaction to every event that's happened in the MCU so far, especially The Avengers, The Dark World, the Hulkbuster fight and the rest of Age of Ultron.

Gotcha. In that case, I believe you are correct about all of the events in the MCU leading up to this.

You guys think we'll get a Black Panther figure from this movie. His own movie was pushed back a long way. (thanks spidey)

the design is pretty gorram sweet!

black-panther-art.jpg

I really hope so. That costume is sick, and I think it would translate well to a figure. The figure would be a must buy for me.

Man I must have been sleeping durning that announcement ! It's a stand alone movie before or after Infinity ?

its set after CivilWar and before Infinty Wars. Theyre gathering all the heores for that one. How will they pull it off? Even with two parts.. :monkey4

I personally don't like how Spidey pushed back newer properties back a few months but hey, it's about the money making in a sense. I'm truly happy we're gonna get a Spidey done right but I want Carol's movie to be sooner. :(

Thats the one thing that left a bad taste in my mouth from Spidey joining MCU. He pushed everything back by a year! Weve seen loads and loads of spiderman already, let other heroes get a shot now!

I really hope so. That costume is sick, and I think it would translate well to a figure. The figure would be a must buy for me.

I reallly think so too. its as if they planned for it too. Nothing too crazy so he'll be a cheaper figure too. It would be cool if he has his cape for a little in the movie. Im curious what accessories he could get.

The thing that I'm a little confused about is how many Spiderman movies are they going to make? There also doesn't seem to be any room for an Ant-Man sequel. Has Marvel committed to make these just one-hit wonders? Ant-Man specifically. After Infinity Wars, Spider-man will not still be in high school when they revisit him. Does Marvel care? Where will Ant-Man be after 2019? I guess the same questions could be asked for Cap, Iron Man and Thor but at least they've had their time in the sun.

The thing that I'm a little confused about is how many Spiderman movies are they going to make? There also doesn't seem to be any room for an Ant-Man sequel. Has Marvel committed to make these just one-hit wonders? Ant-Man specifically. After Infinity Wars, Spider-man will not still be in high school when they revisit him. Does Marvel care? Where will Ant-Man be after 2019? I guess the same questions could be asked for Cap, Iron Man and Thor but at least they've had their time in the sun.

Thing is, sometimes you don't need multiple movies for specific characters unless you can tell a good story. Plus, I think by that time, you need to start making more Avengers movies. Just have everyone in a movie doing something. It's a staple in the comics and they're already brought comic book storytelling to the MCU. The Avengers have always had a rotating roster so I really wouldn't be surprised to see heroes sit some missions out and such. Honestly, sometimes all you need for a character is just one movie to introduce them if the story is good enough and just rope them into Avengers films in the future.

About Spider-Man, Kevin Feige already said that they plan to make four Spidey movies, each representing a year of high school...so he'll be in high school for a while. As long as they make Peter grow naturally I'll be fine with it.

Its fascinating, Many of you young guys dont rmeber the spiderman television show. I used to think it was awesome TV magic but look at all of the new dynamics in the franchise..Its really come along way IMO.

Back