Captain America Civil War: Figure Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always taken it, generally speaking, that they are usually written on an equal scale. However, Black Panther is way more dangerous. He is like marvels batman it's uncanny at times. He has a contingency plan for every scenario and as a strategist and warrior he is among marvels most deadly. He has stalemated or pressed iron fist. He out-witted Dr doom and reed richards. He invented powerful gauntlets within his suit that were hurting Namor only the hulk breaking the fight up stopped panther from going too far. He even put Silver Surfer in a choke hold (it was a terribly written moment and sloppily articulated but the point comes across).

Black Panthers upside is higher than Cap. I think they sparred a couple times in the comics since they are like best friends. From the ones I've seen 1) Cap beat T'Challa when he was poisoned or hurt and even Cap remarked how BP wasn't his usual self. 2) T'Challa won but Cap remarked that it wouldn't have gone like that in a real fight (implying he was holding back) and 3) Black Panther defeated Cap in like a quick 2 or 3 moves.

He knows every martial art. His has heightened senses and strength from the heart-shaped herb. And last I checked he is also the king of the dead so he has all the vast knowledge and experiences of all the other Panthers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

On one hand that sounds incredibly badd@$$, on the other it sounds incredibly broken. I guess if someone is a BP superfan, their opinions will be of the former. I'm of the opinion that characters such as batman or BP need to be scaled back a bit. Yeah their intelligence levels are off the chart and their combat abilities are unmatched...but when coming across "Gods", it can't always be explained away with a tool in their belt. Don't get me wrong, when it's written logically and makes sense, it's awesome! But let's be real here man haha!

That panel of BP putting surfer in a chokehold has been used a bunch of times in discussions of BPs power levels, but was quickly debunked since surfer let that happen because he needed info from him...and if I remember it correctly, surfer proceeded to do a reversal a few panels later. I guess it's cool the writer wasn't afraid to make BP overly confident just to have him get punk'd...it's not an insult mind you, it's just a reminder (IMO) that BP is "human" after all.

So you seemed pretty knowledgeable about BP...so what do you think? If it came down to it, who would come out the victor?

On one hand that sounds incredibly badd@$$, on the other it sounds incredibly broken. I guess if someone is a BP superfan, their opinions will be of the former. I'm of the opinion that characters such as batman or BP need to be scaled back a bit. Yeah their intelligence levels are off the chart and their combat abilities are unmatched...but when coming across "Gods", it can't always be explained away with a tool in their belt. Don't get me wrong, when it's written logically and makes sense, it's awesome! But let's be real here man haha!

That panel of BP putting surfer in a chokehold has been used a bunch of times in discussions of BPs power levels, but was quickly debunked since surfer let that happen because he needed info from him...and if I remember it correctly, surfer proceeded to do a reversal a few panels later. I guess it's cool the writer wasn't afraid to make BP overly confident just to have him get punk'd...it's not an insult mind you, it's just a reminder (IMO) that BP is "human" after all.

So you seemed pretty knowledgeable about BP...so what do you think? If it came down to it, who would come out the victor?
It's a double edged sword every time a different writer takes to a new story. Like Deadpool for instance. He can be written very intimidatingly and badass or he can be a clown who loses to Squirrel Girl. It agree with you overall...but panther is one of those characters that falls into that gray area for me.

If he's Richard reed smart--i don't see why he can't create a weapon to hurt Namor. Namor has come through and screwed his plans up on numerous occasions so I think if he devoted his resources to it he could level out the playing field.

If there is something that exists in marvel that can counteract the Hulks rage or Namors durability or Dooms tech, Black panther would have it. He's the best of reed richards, Tony stark and captain America in one character just without the mainstream exposure. He's strong enough to stand-up to those characters and doom has beaten those high level beings through his tech and sorcery. Dr Strange too.

He's a standard for excellence. It's kind of just who he is. He's beaten the fantastic for and the avengers because he wanted to test them. He knows weaknesses before he goes into battle.

But to answer your question someone like silver surfer is too fast and powerful for him. It's just speed in a blinking eye fast. But this is the nature with comics. They all one-up each other to advance their own stories. There's just too many characters and too many power shifts.

I'm liking the first issue of the new BP series...it's grounded. And Wakanda is in complete disarray. So since Wakanda is weak BP looks weak, which is such a change. Hopefully it goes to great places.

It's a double edged sword every time a different writer takes to a new story. Like Deadpool for instance. He can be written very intimidatingly and badass or he can be a clown who loses to Squirrel Girl. It agree with you overall...but panther is one of those characters that falls into that gray area for me.

If he's Richard reed smart--i don't see why he can't create a weapon to hurt Namor. Namor has come through and screwed his plans up on numerous occasions so I think if he devoted his resources to it he could level out the playing field.

If there is something that exists in marvel that can counteract the Hulks rage or Namors durability or Dooms tech, Black panther would have it. He's the best of reed richards, Tony stark and captain America in one character just without the mainstream exposure. He's strong enough to stand-up to those characters and doom has beaten those high level beings through his tech and sorcery. Dr Strange too.

He's a standard for excellence. It's kind of just who he is. He's beaten the fantastic for and the avengers because he wanted to test them. He knows weaknesses before he goes into battle.

But to answer your question someone like silver surfer is too fast and powerful for him. It's just speed in a blinking eye fast. But this is the nature with comics. They all one-up each other to advance their own stories. There's just too many characters and too many power shifts.

I'm liking the first issue of the new BP series...it's grounded. And Wakanda is in complete disarray. So since Wakanda is weak BP looks weak, which is such a change. Hopefully it goes to great places.

I agree. It boils down to how the writer characterizes them. Unfortunately at times it is just writers trying to one up each other. For someone like Batman, I may find some of his "Bat God" moments a little out there, but I won't lie to having smiled in glee when reading it. It's also admirable when writers come up with creative solutions to some of his VERY IMPOSSIBLE situations. But still...I kinda wish they toned it down a bit.

And you still haven't answered my question bruh LOL, stop dodging it man and lay it down!! Choose a side!

I agree. It boils down to how the writer characterizes them. Unfortunately at times it is just writers trying to one up each other. For someone like Batman, I may find some of his "Bat God" moments a little out there, but I won't lie to having smiled in glee when reading it. It's also admirable when writers come up with creative solutions to some of his VERY IMPOSSIBLE situations. But still...I kinda wish they toned it down a bit.

And you still haven't answered my question bruh LOL, stop dodging it man and lay it down!! Choose a side!
I did...silver surfer or black panther in a fight? Silver surfer lol

Unless you mean Cap vs BP....I'd have to go with Panther.

He's physically on the same level if not better and mentally even more impressive.

Yeah it gets ridiculous. But once one character does something epic...the characters that normally beat him have to now look epic too.

I like how Panther beat Mephisto. He goaded him into being arrogant and reckless and give him a false sense of control. Then he let Mephisto try to absorb Black Panthers soul...only to be attacked and maimed by the soul of every Panther that lived before T'Challa. And Panther stoicly just watched him get killed.

That was well done.

But yeah if he was trapped in a room with Thanos it wouldn't go as well. Lol

I did...silver surfer or black panther in a fight? Silver surfer lol

Unless you mean Cap vs BP....I'd have to go with Panther.

He's physically on the same level if not better and mentally even more impressive.

Yeah it gets ridiculous. But once one character does something epic...the characters that normally beat him have to now look epic too.

I like how Panther beat Mephisto. He goaded him into being arrogant and reckless and give him a false sense of control. Then he let Mephisto try to absorb Black Panthers soul...only to be attacked and maimed by the soul of every Panther that lived before T'Challa. And Panther stoicly just watched him get killed.

That was well done.

But yeah if he was trapped in a room with Thanos it wouldn't go as well. Lol

Oh damn, I read my post again and hadn't realized my challenge was thrown at you after talking about surfer, sorry bud lol. But yeah I meant cap vs BP. And you chose. So...BP huh? Hmmm, interesting.

And he beat Mephisto? Wow...that does change things QUITE a bit.

Oh damn, I read my post again and hadn't realized my challenge was thrown at you after talking about surfer, sorry bud lol. But yeah I meant cap vs BP. And you chose. So...BP huh? Hmmm, interesting.

And he beat Mephisto? Wow...that does change things QUITE a bit.
black panther respect thread - Black Panther - Comic Vine

This is a great source of his capabilities and his feats.

It has him beating Mephisto and white wolf as well as so many other feats. There's scans of when he easily beat a super Skrull warrior that had replicated caps, Elecktra, daredevils fighting styles, had Luke Cage's durability, Wolverine's claws, Iron Fist's chi and Bullseye's accuracy.

Its a pretty amazing thread.

Squad goals

84c4055c985891a822095f7006278fba.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black panther respect thread - Black Panther - Comic Vine

This is a great source of his capabilities and his feats.

It has him beating Mephisto and white wolf as well as so many other feats. There's scans of when he easily beat a super Skrull warrior that had replicated caps, Elecktra, daredevils fighting styles, had Luke Cage's durability, Wolverine's claws, Iron Fist's chi and Bullseye's accuracy.

Its a pretty amazing thread.

Much appreciated man, I'll check it out.

I have tried to find out about more 1/4 stuff and I have not gotten any hard info. I heard that they have 1/4 BvS and CW figures but that's all I've heard.

As for the other 1/6 CW stuff...there are more figures coming. A fair bit more actually. Six or so that I have heard about.

Hear anything about Sharon Carter? :pray: :pray:

six figures?

I'm betting on:

Spider-man
Black Widow(we already know she's one of the six right?)
Crossbones
Scarlett Witch
IRON MAN(because let's face it, that power pose one can't be all right? If it is, then they should give us a new Tony or a two pack of iron man or Tony or something).

The 6th spot to me, could be almost anybody. Sharon is no guarantee and until we see what Zemo is up to in the film, I'm not sure about him either. Does anybody even know if he has a costume in the film?

six figures?

I'm betting on:

Spider-man
Crossbones
Scarlett Witch
IRON MAN(because let's face it, that power pose one can't be all right? If it is, then they should give us a new Tony or a two pack of iron man or Tony or something).

The 6th spot to me, could be almost anybody. Sharon is no guarantee and until we see what Zemo is up to in the film, I'm not sure about him either. Does anybody even know if he has a costume in the film?

Well, we do know from Feige that he will be in future films so maybe not this one but probably in a future film.

six figures?

I'm betting on:

Spider-man
Crossbones
Scarlett Witch

:rotfl I love reading those comments. There is absolutely no 'if' when it comes to Iron Man and Hot Toys :lol They will make a regular Iron Man MK46 and whatever else Tony makes :lol

Need a new Tony figure yesterday.
Awesome clip :clap

I'd really like an Iron Man 1 DX Tony Stark :lecture
Cave/Suit/Workshop outfits, arc reactor, workshop base, flight stabilizer, a bunch of other things from his workshop, mk2 face plate with markings, sling, cheeseburger, pizza :lol Removed arc reactor etc.. Theres tons you could add

Even though HT are rolling out CW figures at a nice pace, does anyone else feel like there's no real fervor or passion to them this go around? I mean, usually they have those shows, lots of cool new teases and reveals, interviews with Howard etc...I'd love to see Howard say 'we have a new Tony Stark figure coming soon' just to get us excited. To be honest, none of the offerings have me hyped yet. I have to rely on the glimmer of a new RDJ sculpt to get excited about the line.

Even though HT are rolling out CW figures at a nice pace, does anyone else feel like there's no real fervor or passion to them this go around? I mean, usually they have those shows, lots of cool new teases and reveals, interviews with Howard etc...I'd love to see Howard say 'we have a new Tony Stark figure coming soon' just to get us excited. To be honest, none of the offerings have me hyped yet. I have to rely on the glimmer of a new RDJ sculpt to get excited about the line.
Well they have got new figures coming out, just not Marvel ones. I think they are getting down to business with the CW line and others and focusing on production since theres so many, can't fault them for slowing things down in other areas
Saying that it's always nice seeing that side of HT :hi5:

Back