BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BUZZTOYS - The White Wolf - 1/6 Geralt (Netflix) COMING SOON

**** yeah that looks awesome. It's a shame how woke the show is and how even more woke Cavill said season 2 is going to be, but he's great as Geralt and ciri in the show is awesome too.

Woke? What the **** does that even mean?

Looks excellent...I have all 3 Geralts so far . This looks even better. Where can I order this from I can't find BUZZTOYS site and can't access hidden content

Woke? What the **** does that even mean?
That the show tries to force identity politics or political agendas that try to force diversity into the show by changing certain characters race and gender. They also have the characters change saying dumb **** like I'm stronger then men etc which does tend to happen a few times in the show. An example is the choice of actresses for Yennefer, Tris and Frangila, from being originally white to POC. Also I might have missed that your being sarcastic or joking. Lmao

That the show tries to force identity politics or political agendas that try to force diversity into the show by changing certain characters race and gender. They also have the characters change saying dumb **** like I'm stronger then men etc which does tend to happen a few times in the show. An example is the choice of actresses for Yennefer, Tris and Frangila, from being originally white to POC. Also I might have missed that your being sarcastic or joking. Lmao

It's pretty sad that originally 'woke' was a good thing, being aware of the injustice in society. Now it's been twisted into the right-wing talking point that it is now.

I'm consistently surprised that collector forums are so strongly conservative. You'd think growing up on things like Superman and X-Men, geekdom would be more open to new ideas, people and concepts.

It's pretty sad that originally 'woke' was a good thing, being aware of the injustice in society. Now it's been twisted into the right-wing talking point that it is now.

I'm consistently surprised that collector forums are so strongly conservative. You'd think growing up on things like Superman and X-Men, geekdom would be more open to new ideas, people and concepts.
Being conservative isn't always a bad thing because they also can accept all kinds of people and culture and call out injustice just as much as liberals. The problem is how woke culture is trying to dismantle pop culture that had been built up over time, and has history, And by doing so becomes unoriginal and boring, the very idea that they are trying to force down our throats is what pushes people away. It's not that geekdom doesn't want to accept new ideas and things, you can have that and do that as long as it's original and doesn't try to change or destroy existing characters history. The show runner for The Witcher originally wanted a black girl to play Ciri. What answer did she get? a lot of hate and backlash because she's essentially was trying to force those political agendas on the show and change one of the main protagonist ethnicity.

Being conservative isn't always a bad thing because they also can accept all kinds of people and culture and call out injustice just as much as liberals. The problem is how woke culture is trying to dismantle pop culture that had been built up over time, and has history, And by doing so becomes unoriginal and boring, the very idea that they are trying to force down our throats is what pushes people away. It's not that geekdom doesn't want to accept new ideas and things, you can have that and do that as long as it's original and doesn't try to change or destroy existing characters history. The show runner for The Witcher originally wanted a black girl to play Ciri. What answer did she get? a lot of hate and backlash because she's essentially was trying to force those political agendas on the show and change one of the main protagonist ethnicity.

Do you see the irony of replacing a white character with a black character and having white people get upset because 'their history is being destroyed'?

Do you see the irony of replacing a white character with a black character and having white people get upset because 'their history is being destroyed'?
I do. However has original black characters ever been whitewashed? Like Blade, Storm, Luke Cage? No they haven't. It's ok to change characters from one group but when the other does it, then it's wrong. How about changing anything that wasn't originally how it was created, for the sake of skin color is wrong. It's all a double standard, I would be happy if race swapping was never done and but that's politics.

I'm not really sure what "political agenda" is being pushed by simply wanting to add a bit more diversity to a movie or TV series. Or by wanting to include a bit more femininity in a piece of pop culture that was severely lacking any of that in the past. Most of the stuff we grew up on was made by white men with mostly white characters, which would start to get pretty bland and boring to watch on screen after awhile if no changes were made to reflect the much more multicultural world we live in now. It would just feel like watching an outdated relic of the 1950s every time.

I'm not really sure what "political agenda" is being pushed by simply wanting to add a bit more diversity to a movie or TV series. Or by wanting to include a bit more femininity in a piece of pop culture that was severely lacking any of that in the past. Most of the stuff we grew up on was made by white men with mostly white characters, which would start to get pretty bland and boring to watch on screen after awhile if no changes were made to reflect the much more multicultural world we live in now. It would just feel like watching an outdated relic of the 1950s every time.
I can write an entire paragraph on why there is a political agenda that makes no since being in pop culture. Trust me I agree with you about change in media in terms of diversity and femininity, but the majority of woke politics doesn't really believe in that at least in terms of it being genuine and original it's like a perverse version. Anyways I'm quite done with this topic just want to get back to the figure convo. Lol

I do. However has original black characters ever been whitewashed? Like Blade, Storm, Luke Cage? No they haven't. It's ok to change characters from one group but when the other does it, then it's wrong. How about changing anything that wasn't originally how it was created, for the sake of skin color is wrong. It's all a double standard, I would be happy if race swapping was never done and but that's politics.

EqualityVsEquity.jpg

You seem knowledgeable about the matter. It seems like you just disagree with it.

But the reason why Storm or Luke Cage aren't played by white people is because of equity. You can't treat all people equally, because some people started off with less. So, treating everyone the same, doesn't make all people equal. There are already so few black superheroes that casting them as white people does no one any good. But it seems like you understand that. So it's not really a double standard in the first place.

As davejames alluded to, white people have dominated media/pop culture since the inception of the concept. So much so that I can't even make a custom figure of a black character because there simply are no black base bodies. We've been conditioned to the point where we only see white people as role models. Manufacturers have no reason to make anything other than white skintones. I can get a pale white, regular white, suntan white, asian white in narrow, muscular, or fat or small breast, medium breast, large breast, or huge breast. But I can't get one body in light brown, medium brown or dark brown.

In that light, it seems self-centered to complain about white people being replaced.

View attachment 514175

You seem knowledgeable about the matter. It seems like you just disagree with it.

But the reason why Storm or Luke Cage aren't played by white people is because of equity. You can't treat all people equally, because some people started off with less. So, treating everyone the same, doesn't make all people equal. There are already so few black superheroes that casting them as white people does no one any good. But it seems like you understand that. So it's not really a double standard in the first place.

As davejames alluded to, white people have dominated media/pop culture since the inception of the concept. So much so that I can't even make a custom figure of a black character because there simply are no black base bodies. We've been conditioned to the point where we only see white people as role models. Manufacturers have no reason to make anything other than white skintones. I can get a pale white, regular white, suntan white, asian white in narrow, muscular, or fat or small breast, medium breast, large breast, or huge breast. But I can't get one body in light brown, medium brown or dark brown.

In that light, it seems self-centered to complain about white people being replaced.
I don't disagree I get what your saying hence what I'm trying to say is that we need to try and push for more original diverse characters rather then race or gender swapping original ones. Instead of making superman black (or in this case clark kent supes) make a new black superhero that can be as good if not better in terms of character and story. So I'm not really complaining about white people being replaced I don't care about that. I care about people of all ethnics being represented with the same standard as white characters rather then trying to be unoriginal and just copy and paste. The best way that has been done is when a character takes up a mantle from the predecessor for example, Falcon as Captain America or Jaime Reyes as Blue Beetle to me that makes more sense (to a degree it does you can also call it tolkenize characters)because it's passed down rather then trying to change the race or gender of the original character. But your right society in the US has made it difficult for there to be true equality in media particularly in pop culture.

If the final product is anywhere close to this prototype it'll be an absolute winner in my book.

MLDO52m.png

phfYyXQ.png

BciqtNF.png

7iiBO2B.png

w3BkfcB.png

Fml5lP2.png

RpWXjyD.png

5wmgRL0.png

ADk2zUc.png

LH4cg5x.png

A71iAlU.png

oN9nkGO.png

haiF8zN.png

DmxKCGY.png

Updated the main post with the promotional pics, pre-orders should start tomorrow.

That looks really good! Preordering that.

Hope the quality stays through production though. Also kind of worried about the pleather with the pants.

That's the biggest issue. Pleather always deteriorate over time.

PS: Skin tone is too tan. Should be pale white. Almost corpse like :

7iiBO2B.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-30-at-1-17-12-PM.png

That's the biggest issue. Pleather always deteriorate over time.

PS: Skin tone is too tan. Should be pale white. Almost corpse like :

7iiBO2B.png

Screen-Shot-2021-05-30-at-1-17-12-PM.png

I kinda prefer how it looks on the figure if Im honest, but either way is fine. If they do change it they would need to make it possible to swap the neck too.

Back