"Bring me Wesley's head" Commitment thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My god, you have got a load of figures!! Doesn't Wesley look wonderful though.

By the way, how easy was it to put the head on a new Sideshow body? I've never tried doing that before, so I could do with as many tips as possible, *g*

Sue, I generally use a hot glue gun on custom heads so if I ever want to remove it for a repaint, or something I can do it. It holds up nicely under normal conditions too.

My god, you have got a load of figures!! Doesn't Wesley look wonderful though.

By the way, how easy was it to put the head on a new Sideshow body? I've never tried doing that before, so I could do with as many tips as possible, *g*

hey Sue, the Wesley is awesome, Spenser is a real talent. I'm sure we'll be mithering (good Manchester word) him for a Fred and Gunn soon.
The head swap wasn't too hard, but I did lose some paint from the back of wesley's head as I got boiling water on it. The base body was a spare Pierce Brosnan and I thought I'd blown it when the head came away with the fixing mechanism still attached, fortunately I managed (by dipping it in boiling water) to prise it back on.

hey Sue, the Wesley is awesome, Spenser is a real talent. I'm sure we'll be mithering (good Manchester word) him for a Fred and Gunn soon.
The head swap wasn't too hard, but I did lose some paint from the back of wesley's head as I got boiling water on it. The base body was a spare Pierce Brosnan and I thought I'd blown it when the head came away with the fixing mechanism still attached, fortunately I managed (by dipping it in boiling water) to prise it back on.

Do you just glue the head to the body? Colour me dim, but why did you have to boil the head to get it attached to the body?

Hey Sue, The plastic on the neck needed to be softened to gain a snug fit onto the body. I didn't glue it as the cooling process tightens the bond anyway. The head is now as manouevrable as a standard sideshow head.

I've just had to retouch up the paint on the back of the head. The difficult bit was beheading Brosnan. I really thought I'd broken the figure.

so has anyone gotten thier head yet ? i am eagerly awaiting mine and would love to see how other people handle thier figures

so has anyone gotten thier head yet ? i am eagerly awaiting mine and would love to see how other people handle thier figures

Yes, thamesvalidude has. See the page before this one for the results. *g*

Just about all the unpainted casting when out today. Just a few overseas need to go.

Thanks!

Just about all the unpainted casting when out today. Just a few overseas need to go.

Thanks!

How long are you going to offer up your custom Wesley head to purchase? Is there a time frame I should be concerned about? I really want one, but not able to get enough scratch until after the holidays. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Back