Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well damn, I may have to buy my first ever 1/4 scale figure… didn’t think this day would ever come but, as it turns out, unplugged Kurt is my true grail piece.

I was never fond of the Krueger sweater look (that we’re getting in 1/6) even though it’s definitely grunge and one of his most iconic outfits.
1666955301114.jpeg

This could be somewhat garish on the shelf though and I just prefer his more layered looks that truly exemplify the grunge fashion sense.

1666955353687.png

That’s basically what I walked around looking like during college/university.

I'm glad he's coming out. Disappointed with the 1/6 outfit. Why not his Nevermind outfit? The Unplugged would be nice too. Maybe too many on layers for a 1/6 figure?

We'll see, maybe it'll look cool. The Freddie Kruger look is not something that comes to mind when I think of Kurt Cobain. Same goes with the red guitar. Not something I associate with Cobain.

I'm still interested. Maybe they'll include an extra shirt or something.

I'm glad he's coming out. Disappointed with the 1/6 outfit. Why not his Nevermind outfit? The Unplugged would be nice too. Maybe too many on layers for a 1/6 figure?

We'll see, maybe it'll look cool. The Freddie Kruger look is not something that comes to mind when I think of Kurt Cobain. Same goes with the red guitar. Not something I associate with Cobain.

I'm still interested. Maybe they'll include an extra shirt or something.
Ah dam, i wish they had chosen a more iconic look than that. Likewise, when i think kurt, i think the nevermind outfit, the unplugged and the sunnies and hat outfit. But I'm just excited to see what they've done anyway

Imagine trying to get Kurt's 3-6 shirts and 2-3 pairs of pants on a 1/6 body.

What's funny about the guitar choice is that technically the Roseland show was the only time that guitar was seen like that. Shortly after, the red Fender Mustang began getting heavily modified into a combination of a Jaguar and Mustang. You can see the pickup and pick guard were the most obvious changes.

Attachments

• bxvw4yccpdi91[1].jpg
    bxvw4yccpdi91[1].jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 0
Imagine trying to get Kurt's 3-6 shirts and 2-3 pairs of pants on a 1/6 body.

What's funny about the guitar choice is that technically the Roseland show was the only time that guitar was seen like that. Shortly after, the red Fender Mustang began getting heavily modified into a combination of a Jaguar and Mustang. You can see the pickup and pick guard were the most obvious changes.
We’ll know how deep Blitzway have delved into their research by how accurately they sculpt Kurt’s distinctive barre chord hand technique.
He always committed the cardinal sin of tucking his pinky under the neck.

Really hoping for a secondary outfit choice. A baggy jumper isn’t gonna cut it for me.

Last edited:
I was curious about the jumper/sweater. Surprise, surprise, it was a gift from Courtney Love. She bought it from a Nirvana fan at one of their shows. Then she put it on Kurt like he was her personal doll because it made him look like Sid from the Sex Pistols. I don't know if that makes it worse, but the idea that Kurt is now a doll wearing that sweater is kind of funny. :LOL:

Weird choice for the outfit in my opinion. I’ve seen images of him wearing that sweater but it doesn’t seem like one of his iconic looks.

Should have been either what he wore on Unplugged or maybe the look from the Smells Like Teen Spirit music video.

I might consider this figure. Normally I’m not one for something like this but Nirvana has left a lasting impression on me (as well as many others obviously) and Kurt Cobain has always been one of the most interesting/tragic musicians to me.

Last edited:
The red sweater is starting to grow on me. I've been looking at a lot of fan art and online images, and to my surprise, a lot of them if not most of them feature that damn red and black sweater for some reason. I had no idea it was even a thing. As I previously stated, I've always picture Cobain wearing some kind of green cardigan sweater or flannel and using a light green/blue guitar, not red. Anyhow, it seems he wore that sweater in multiple concerts, one music video, and in a black and white photoshoot. I can see why BW chose that outfit for the figure. I'm looking forward to the figure. Hopefully the likeness is good.

M9p0tQb.jpg
nVQFIZ5.jpg

Last edited:
Now the real question is: In Blitzway history of releasing a character/person: have they ever do another version of that character, perhaps in a different suit? like how HT did with Bruce Lee with that brown suit and the blue shirt version?

Now the real question is: In Blitzway history of releasing a character/person: have they ever do another version of that character, perhaps in a different suit? like how HT did with Bruce Lee with that brown suit and the blue shirt version?
They have released three statues of Bruce Lee from three different movies, and two of Marilyn Monroe, so there's precedent.

Probably will be a really nice statue. I’m just not one for statues and I really don’t have space to dedicate to one. The figure may have to do if I decide I want a representation of Cobain in my collection. Haven’t fully decided yet.

I’m looking forward to seeing what’s on the music stand. I’ve never bothered to research if Kurt was just looking at a set list or if he had lyrics and chords up too - were they handwritten etc and will this be a perfect scaled replica? I have no space for a 1/4 Kurt statue but I will someday so, unless the sculpt is totally off, I’m highly likely to get that and the 1/6 figure.

Last edited:
Back