Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a few things I know I'll use and others I'm still deciding on. I have a pair of Converses and jeans that I'm gonna beat up a little bit. Those are definites. I'm still deciding on a shirt. I'm gonna either use a shirt with horizontal black & white stripes or a plain white shirt that I'm gonna modify into that Flipper shirt shirt he wore often.

View attachment 654324

And I recently bought this from ebay that I might match with the stripped shirt.

View attachment 654325
Sounds like a fun project for the second head sculpt.

I often wonder how Nirvana would have evolved had Kurt not died. I mean they were a pretty young band when he passed and only had three studio albums.

Wasn’t it rumored that they were splitting? I remembered reading something about Dave wanting to be more involved in the writing and Kurt wanting to do something different. I think Marigold was a glimpse into where Dave was headed and Do Re Mi was where Kurt wanted to go.

Wasn’t it rumored that they were splitting? I remembered reading something about Dave wanting to be more involved in the writing and Kurt wanting to do something different. I think Marigold was a glimpse into where Dave was headed and Do Re Mi was where Kurt wanted to go.

It's hard to tell. Nirvana was ultimately Kurt's bands that lived & died with him. Kurt was a mess in the last few months with lots of contradictory stories about the future of the band. We know Dave had been writing music for a while but never got serious about recording it until Kurt's death, and even then it was more like a therapy/survival session. Kurt had made comments about breaking up the band, but there's also a post of his on an early forum where he says he's working on new music and it will be different than anything heard from the band. He also expressed his love of New Wave. His mental health was spiraling so its hard to take anything without a healthy grain of salt.

Speaking of assembling a second outfit for Kurt, does anyone know about ironing on designs from transfer paper to 1/6 scale clothing?
Seems to me that it should be the exact process asa regular shirt, just requiring a little more finesse…

If so, that would be the best way to make accurate clothing- for designs more complex than the Flipper shirt above.

^ I'd like to know as well. I plan to make that Flipper shirt the same way Kurt did - literally free handing it on the shirt. DIY. But there's other shirt designs of his that this won't be possible.

^ I'd like to know as well. I plan to make that Flipper shirt the same way Kurt did - literally free handing it on the shirt. DIY. But there's other shirt designs of his that this won't be possible.
I assume I’m just gonna have to bite the bullet and find out the hard way.
Will definitely be a worthwhile experiment though.

I’ve really caught the customising/kit-bash bug this week, influenced by this and another recent post.

Searching for parts is an addictive pursuit.

Speaking of assembling a second outfit for Kurt, does anyone know about ironing on designs from transfer paper to 1/6 scale clothing?
Seems to me that it should be the exact process asa regular shirt, just requiring a little more finesse…

If so, that would be the best way to make accurate clothing- for designs more complex than the Flipper shirt above.
Yeah it's the same.
Just get some iron on printable paper (or colored vinyl if it's one color) and a sheet of iron on Teflon paper to put between the iron and the iron on paper.
Made all these on my insta with iron on fabric (Silhouette cameo).
http://instagram.com/matthijsth

What design were looking to make?

I assume I’m just gonna have to bite the bullet and find out the hard way.
Will definitely be a worthwhile experiment though.

I’ve really caught the customising/kit-bash bug this week, influenced by this and another recent post.

Searching for parts is an addictive pursuit.

Same here. The cool thing is I've had quite a few pieces in my parts bin for years and now I have use for them. I only needed to buy a body and one other item. And since Kurt is just a dude in clothes you can get creative and find all kinds of things to put together something he would have worn. It's not like a Batman or Thor figure where there's a specificity and you need to buy certain items.

What design were looking to make?

Same here. The cool thing is I've had quite a few pieces in my parts bin for years and now I have use for them. I only needed to buy a body and one other item. And since Kurt is just a dude in clothes you can get creative and find all kinds of things to put together something he would have worn. It's not like a Batman or Thor figure where there's a specificity and you need to buy certain items.
I’m going for what I can consider ‘the’ Cobain outfit- Unplugged.

I’ve also ordered the 1/4 scale Unplugged statue, but I just really want it in 1/6 as well, especially since I have no real attachment to the Krueger jumper look.

I’ve found all the base elements I’ll need to make the look, after some modifications, colour changes and printing the T-shirt design.
8BB0DD52-8333-4D2A-8255-380B96FC97A2.png

When a company gives you a second head sculpt for someone like Kurt, it would be a crime not to make a second full figure out of it.

Is this a circle?
I’m going for what I can consider ‘the’ Cobain outfit- Unplugged.

I’ve also ordered the 1/4 scale Unplugged statue, but I just really want it in 1/6 as well, especially since I have no real attachment to the Krueger jumper look.

I’ve found all the base elements I’ll need to make the look, after some modifications, colour changes and printing the T-shirt design.
View attachment 657318

When a company gives you a second head sculpt for someone like Kurt, it would be a crime not to make a second full figure out of it.

Looks like he wore one like this (not as round):
151.jpg

Is this a circle?

Looks like he wore one like this (not as round):
151.jpg
Ye, I was just using my image to show the design. Kurt wore the loose-necked Frightwig shirt over a smaller plain white T. I don't know how he survived in so many layers.

As the torso and collars will be the only visibe parts on the figure, that's what I'm prioritising, but ust also be conscious of the thickness of the material and compromise where necessary. It's a 4 layer outfit and, when you're relying on ebay and AliExpress clothing, you've got to be careful not to over-pad.

Most of what I need has a rrived and look to be shaping up well so I may have this ready this weekend.

What body are you using, btw? I received that DID slim body the other day and I'm porting clothes onto it now. I haven't decided on how I feel about it yet.
Worldbox AT020. I was gonna go the DID slim route as it seems slightly shorter than most 1/6 bodies but I’ve never used one before.
I know AT020 is super skinny, and it looks to be taking all the upper body layers very well and filling the jeans naturally without those beefy thunder thighs so many figures have.

Worldbox AT020. I was gonna go the DID slim route as it seems slightly shorter than most 1/6 bodies but I’ve never used one before.
I know AT020 is super skinny, and it looks to be taking all the upper body layers very well and filling the jeans naturally without those beefy thunder thighs so many figures have.
Ah ok. I saw that body but I thought it looked muscular, but its really hard to tell what these things look like in hand. Things are better than they used to he but I wish 1/6 bodies were even more diverse. Just a straight up "skinny guy" sculpted body and dad bod, etc.

AT020 has very defined musculature but the torso and limbs are incredibly slim.

We really need a directory of all available bodies in comparison to one another from front back and side view, with measurements.
And there definitely aren’t enough options for regular looking people or anyone under 6”, not to mention any variation in skin tone.

AT020 has very defined musculature but the torso and limbs are incredibly slim.

We really need a directory of all available bodies in comparison to one another from front back and side view, with measurements.
And there definitely aren’t enough options for regular looking people or anyone under 6”, not to mention any variation in skin tone.

A directory sounds amazing. We get cool bodies with specific characters from time to time but nothing widely made and available. We mostly get the classic narrow shoulder body or muscular bodies. And it's even worse if you want to make a unique female character. If it's not a model you're screwed. I think someone made a slim teenage body some years ago if I'm remembering correctly. You'd think we'd get a "normal dude" sculpted body by now. No muscles. Well have yo wait and see which one of our bodies works better for Kurt when he ships.

Back