Blitzway: Kurt Cobain 1:6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might only suggest Amazon as a backup; for limited collectibles there’s not a 100% guarantee Amazon will fulfill once released.

I'm impressed how Blitzway responded to their reputation for big downgrades in production by actually improving, and I really like the confidence in promoting the production next to the prototype. I stopped buying Blitzway because of their production downgrades, but if they fixed that I'm going to start preordering their stuff again lol

No drug paraphernalia accessories, no sale.

LeanDifficultJaeger-max-1mb (1).gif

Mass production head looks solid, but will we get the same paint app as shown on it?. That's where I think Blitzway let's us down. Hannibal Lector had a shinny finish, Zeddemore too red...

Totally forgot I had this on preorder. Will probably forget and then be reminded of it again when they announce another delay :lol

I think it looks damn fine....although older me finds Kurt annoying and self centered, and Nirvana as a band way overrated.

I think it looks damn fine....although older me finds Kurt annoying and self centered, and Nirvana as a band way overrated.
I find that is just the nature of ‘artists’ and songwriters especially.

Their driving motivation/primary directive is the unfiltered, uncompromising expression of self.

Combine that with creative types’ nature to be highly critical of the norm, introversion, and increased neuroticism makes them moody, cynical and explains a lot of Kurt’s antisocial behaviour, and extremely sarcastic and insincere approach to the majority of his interviews or public interactions.

As far as the legacy of Nirvana goes, there’s simply no denying the impact they had on the culture, the music scene, the nature of song structures and dynamics, and the influence and importance of their music that prevails to this day.

So the term ‘overrated’ I think can only apply to the technical song writing aspect with Nirvana since their historical relevance is beyond dispute.

I find that is just the nature of ‘artists’ and songwriters especially.

Their driving motivation/primary directive is the unfiltered, uncompromising expression of self.

Combine that with creative types’ nature to be highly critical of the norm, introversion, and increased neuroticism makes them moody, cynical and explains a lot of Kurt’s antisocial behaviour, and extremely sarcastic and insincere approach to the majority of his interviews or public interactions.

As far as the legacy of Nirvana goes, there’s simply no denying the impact they had on the culture, the music scene, the nature of song structures and dynamics, and the influence and importance of their music that prevails to this day.

So the term ‘overrated’ I think can only apply to the technical song writing aspect with Nirvana since their historical relevance is beyond dispute.
Yeah it the technical part that I was referring to. No denying they were the front band for the grunge revolution.

Unfortunately, they eclipsed bands like Alice in Chains, SoundGarden and even Pearl Jam, who were musically way better artists.

Kurts life was a mess, and eventually that cynical outlook seems to have claimed many who were part of that era.

Yeah it the technical part that I was referring to. No denying they were the front band for the grunge revolution.

Unfortunately, they eclipsed bands like Alice in Chains, SoundGarden and even Pearl Jam, who were musically way better artists.

Kurts life was a mess, and eventually that cynical outlook seems to have claimed many who were part of that era.
Totally. Those other ‘Grunge’ bands were all musically superior and AiC are one of my favourite band of all time. They didn’t consider themselves grunge at all but I can still see why Nirvana overshadowed them and were pushed hardest by the industry and adopted by general audiences.

Nevermind is a much easier pill to swallow than Dirt if you’re musical tastes have traditionally been dictated by the mainstream.

I love watching old interviews with AiC where Jerry is the only one even trying to give genuine answers to the questions.

Hm. I never found Kurt self centered. I think he was self loathing a lot of the times actually. Not to mention pretty honest about how he felt on his bands success compared to the bands he came up with. He often said there were 10 other bands better than his and felt they deserved success. You don't hear that often from bands nowadays. He's a mixed bag. He wanted to be successful but also felt the need to stay true to his punk aesthetic so there were times those conflicting ideals popped up in interviews.
Totally. Those other ‘Grunge’ bands were all musically superior and AiC are one of my favourite band of all time. They didn’t consider themselves grunge at all but I can still see why Nirvana overshadowed them and were pushed hardest by the industry and adopted by general audiences.

Nevermind is a much easier pill to swallow than Dirt if you’re musical tastes have traditionally been dictated by the mainstream.

I love watching old interviews with AiC where Jerry is the only one even trying to give genuine answers to the questions.

I've always had a bit of a problem with the "grunge" label, tbh. A band like Pearl Jam and a band like Nirvana don't even sound like they belong in the same sub-genre. Nirvana aesthetic, worldview, vibe and appeal is closer to the punk & hardcore scene. That's something I never got from Pearl Jam. They have chord progressions that come right out of a Jimi Hendrix song. I think AIC & Soundgarden are much closer in sound and vibe than the other 3 compared to one another. I do love all 4 though.

Back