Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you owned a white bathrobe, left it on the floor of that ***** stain of a house everyday, and never washed it for 10 years... that's the colour you would get (the unfiltered dirty white pics). Just my $0.02

If you owned a white bathrobe, left it on the floor everyday, and never washed it for 10 years... that's the colour you would get (the unfiltered dirty white pics). Just my $0.02

tumblr_njzrzaICmG1s3h43ko1_500.gif

here are a few of the pics i took from the example showed at NYCC, to compare to folks final product. I will say the newer pics guys have been taking have shown the figure looking pretty great, i just wish we ended up with this..

MJ1_5349.jpg
MJ1_5346.jpg
MJ1_5350.jpg

here are a few of the pics i took from the example showed at NYCC, to compare to folks final product. I will say the newer pics guys have been taking have shown the figure looking pretty great, i just wish we ended up with this.

Yes, if we could all get a first generation hand painted prototype that would be great, almost unbelivible.

Honestly, when I look at my production piece in hand, it doesn't look all that dissimilar to the proto piece. When I look at mine in the cabinet, I see that proto piece. You really need to get a production piece in hand, chili. I think you will be surprised and also very happy :duff

Honestly, when I look at my production piece in hand, it doesn't look all that dissimilar to the proto piece. When I look at mine in the cabinet, I see that proto piece. You really need to get a production piece in hand, chili. I think you will be surprised and also very happy :duff

good to hear man! I know you are a discerning collector who only gives props when its truly deserved, you're opinion carry's weight for sure!

The biggest variance between in-hand pieces I've seen pictures for is some have more blonde highlights in the hair.

Mine had close to 0, it was a very dull dark brown. So I manually added them in myself (which I never do for my other figures - pics on pg148). Have touched up a little more on the slop since and am really happy with the results. If the eyes were a lighter blue I would deem it close to perfect. Solid release.

good to hear man! I know you are a discerning collector who only gives props when its truly deserved, you're opinion carry's weight for sure!

Well thanks, I appreciate that. I would hope you would trust me when I say buy this figure, you will not be disappointed, I promise :duff

here are a few of the pics i took from the example showed at NYCC, to compare to folks final product. I will say the newer pics guys have been taking have shown the figure looking pretty great, i just wish we ended up with this..

View attachment 298297
View attachment 298298
View attachment 298299

Yes we all wish the sculpt looked as perfect as that. Nevertheless, have you watched any videos on this figure? I am starting to cave now after seeing multiple videos of the figure. Don't get me wrong it still doesn't look amazing to me like the proto does but I will say it is starting to grow on me.

Yes, if we could all get a first generation hand painted prototype that would be great, almost unbelivible.

Chilipep is talking about the sculpt not the paint job.

Honestly, when I look at my production piece in hand, it doesn't look all that dissimilar to the proto piece.

So the difference in hand is not that noticeable then?

When I look at mine in the cabinet, I see that proto piece. You really need to get a production piece in hand, chili. I think you will be surprised and also very happy :duff

Do you think the main reason why some of the first few of the owners that were complaining about the likeness is because of the paint job on the eyes then?

Last edited:
Yes we all wish the sculpt looked as perfect as that. Nevertheless, have you watched any videos on this figure? I am starting to cave now after seeing multiple videos of the figure. Don't get me wrong it still doesn't look amazing to me like the proto does but I will say it is starting to grow on me...

Chilipep is talking about the sculpt not the paint job...

...Do you think the main reason why some of the first few of the owners that were complaining about the likeness is because of the paint job on the eyes then?

Actually, Chilippe never specified if its sculpt or paint. He just said he wished we got this version.
I've been looking at all the videos and pictures, and my personal opinion, the sculpt is the same. Its the paintjob.
Which is why I'm not too upset about the final production.
How many times have we received a Hot Toys figure that didnt look as good as JC Hong's original paintjob? Pretty much, almost all the time.
Again, as mentioned before, the only drawback on this figure is we were hoping this is even better than Hot Toys...instead, its the same quality as a Hot Toys.

So, the way to look at it is, if Hot Toys decided to make a Tyler Durden figure, would you buy it?
If the answer is yes...then you'll be happy with this figure.

Actually, Chilippe never specified if its sculpt or paint. He just said he wished we got this version.

That's true but it sounded like he was implying that it was the sculpt, guess I could be wrong though.

I've been looking at all the videos and pictures, and my personal opinion, the sculpt is the same. Its the paintjob.

Not saying you are wrong but I have not seen one video or picture set, where the head shape looks exactly the same. The final product still looks noticeably different, at least to me. That being said, even the protos don't look like the ones on the Blitzway website as the bone structure don't look as chiseled like the pics on the sculpts on their website. I am guessing they used lighting techniques to make those features stand out. Like in the pic below.

Which is why I'm not too upset about the final production.
How many times have we received a Hot Toys figure that didnt look as good as JC Hong's original paintjob? Pretty much, almost all the time.
Again, as mentioned before, the only drawback on this figure is we were hoping this is even better than Hot Toys...instead, its the same quality as a Hot Toys.

So, the way to look at it is, if Hot Toys decided to make a Tyler Durden figure, would you buy it?
If the answer is yes...then you'll be happy with this figure.

I don't care who makes it just as long as it lives up to my expectations, which granted are obviously too high.

Last edited:
Took some pics of my friends right out of the box and under natural daylight LEDs. I f--king love it. The proto made Pitt look too old and in my opinion and this is just about right. The irises could be brighter blue, but it honestly doesn't bother me at all. I also think the hair is fine, because most of the scenes in the movie have Pitt's hair looking rather dark in much of them, and only slightly lighter when light was reflecting off it. I'll post more pics later tonight. And trust me, the camera is still not picking up most of the detail in the face even under natural daylight. The head sculpt looks even better that it does here in hand. I'm very happy.
2021652da31e477ff5fc7912fcfb90ce.png
b85d73c8b30d246fcd8833169d260808.png
9f3983919448ff60f3ad7e25157d140b.png

I also don't know what it is with the paint app on this mod either, because mine looks way better out of the box and more detailed than the ****e on the left. Not sure if he applied some filter to it in doing the comparison. I also don't like the repaint because the facial tone has a tint of green/yellow to it now, and makes him look sick.

Edit: All my wife's friends just looked at it and we're like "holy f--k that's Brad Pitt!" Lol!

ff8f25300e4fb6423533891665d5e93e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took some pics of my friends right out of the box and under natural daylight LEDs. I f--king love it. The proto made Pitt look too old and in my opinion and this is just about right. The irises could be brighter blue, but it honestly doesn't bother me at all. I also think the hair is fine, because most of the scenes in the movie have Pitt's hair looking rather dark in much of them, and only slightly lighter when light was reflecting off it. I'll post more pics later tonight. And trust me, the camera is still not picking up most of the detail in the face even under natural daylight. The head sculpt looks even better that it does here in hand. I'm very happy.
2021652da31e477ff5fc7912fcfb90ce.png
b85d73c8b30d246fcd8833169d260808.png
9f3983919448ff60f3ad7e25157d140b.png

Great pics man and analysis of this figure! :clap

I also don't know what it is with the paint app on this mod either, because mine looks way better out of the box and more detailed than the ****e on the left. Not sure if he applied some filter to it in doing the comparison. I also don't like the repaint because the facial tone has a tint of green/yellow to it now, and makes him look sick.

ff8f25300e4fb6423533891665d5e93e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The only thing I like better about the repaint are the eyes, BTW not sure if u know this but the lower jaw of the sculpt has been modded to.

That's true but it sounded like he was implying that it was the sculpt, guess I could be wrong though.

Not saying you are wrong but I have not seen one video or picture set, where the head shape looks exactly the same. The final product still looks noticeably different, at least to me. That being said, even the protos don't look like the ones on the Blitzway website as the bone structure don't look as chiseled like the pics on the sculpts on their website. I am guessing they used lighting techniques to make those features stand out. Like in the pic below.

I don't care who makes it just as long as it lives up to my expectations, which granted are obviously too high.

Oh yeah, I dont really dont care also who makes the figures...its all up to whether I like it or not.
I only mentioned Hot Toys, cause Hot Toys is the gold standard on 1/6 collecting...and its always one that it is compared to. That's why some people felt let down from the proto, cause it looked like it was better than Hot toys. Instead, its equal standard to Hot Toys.

So anyone else has the tracking that says "Acceptance" in China on Oct 3 and still waiting on their figure?
Beside the tracking, my email from blitzway said it was shipped on Oct 2nd/3rd.
Its now the 14th and my tracking is not updating. Still says that "Acceptance" in China on the 3rd.

Oh yeah, I dont really dont care also who makes the figures...its all up to whether I like it or not.
I only mentioned Hot Toys, cause Hot Toys is the gold standard on 1/6 collecting...and its always one that it is compared to. That's why some people felt let down from the proto, cause it looked like it was better than Hot toys. Instead, its equal standard to Hot Toys.

Yep I totally agree with that, I only felt let down because the sculpts didn't appear to turn out as perfect as the sculpt on their Rocky statue product did, thus, I had high expectations for this set. Has nothing to do whether the quality was as good as Hot Toys, because I always thought it did look as good as Hot Toys, but you are right many people didn't think that. Nevertheless, the sculpt is starting to grow on me and I will probably end up picking this up, despite that I don't think it as good as the Proto, it still looks quite good.

If Timewalker is getting delayed shipment then I bet BBTS will be receiving theirs around that time too.

Yes we all wish the sculpt looked as perfect as that. Nevertheless, have you watched any videos on this figure? I am starting to cave now after seeing multiple videos of the figure. Don't get me wrong it still doesn't look amazing to me like the proto does but I will say it is starting to grow on me.

Chilipep is talking about the sculpt not the paint job.

So the difference in hand is not that noticeable then?

Do you think the main reason why some of the first few of the owners that were complaining about the likeness is because of the paint job on the eyes then?

Yes, a first generation means an orginal sculpt that has not been tooled to produce a second generation mass produced product like we are getting.

Anytime you tool an orginal prototype you will have some loss of detail.
Think "copy of a copy of a copy" or watch the hit comedy film Multiplicity starring Micheal Keaton!

Back