Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But this is worth $240 though, right? Lol.
207a6d8d58b74d99a77dae86bdf7d77c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep...and this is why I sold 100% of my Sideshow Collectibles collection and stopped buying their figures...where did they get the nerve to charge $240 for that...Blitzway's Durden is suddenly looking like the deal of the year!!!!

While you will always and can always find some flaws but below ones in my view overall as figures command a huge respect: some were way ahead of their times and while some may lack in one odd department here or there but overall have / command a huge shelf presence and still look stunning overall.

Mr bean set (not a hot toy but still what a phenomenal set)
Leon by enterbay
Hans landa
Aldo
Scar face war version by enterbay
Dx04,
dx13,
Dx11
Godfather
Leonidas
Ant man
Obi van
Rey
Batman returns (what a stunning figure it is)

Also trust me the blitzway Tyler is looking good too. The issue was cause the prototype I think looked stellar and hence expectation vs reality issue: but for all we know from recent pics - this one will also be high up the order.

Just a question, tell me: what would you consider a 1/6 figure (Hot Toys, or other companies) that you hold in high regard? Just curious. :)

Just to remember to all of us what we preordered... we all did know that we would have not gotten this ,but come on, the production piece does not worth 250$.
e89e729984624077764690082a5824f2.png

I have been a little critical of this figure since its release but I am thinking more and more that the production figure has a significantly better likeness... The proto looks much older than Tyler actually did...

Just to remember to all of us what we preordered... we all did know that we would have not gotten this ,but come on, the production piece does not worth 250$.
e89e729984624077764690082a5824f2.png

To me it is. Overall everything from the box/ packaging, likeness, paint, clothing all if it wreaks quality. Now that i have this and have spent a significant amount of time with it, i would gladly pay $400 for this!

Seriously man. I paid $150. Such an overpriced piece.

It is. And the thing is -it's not an awful figure-. The tailoring is really solid, the sculpt is as flawed as the HT one, but I think it comes closer to Hamil, and the presentation with helmet looks pretty good. I don't even think the paint is as bad as people prepared me for. So I can't pinpoint WHY I think he was such a bad value even at the discounted rate; maybe something to do with the lack of accessories? I dunno. Either way, we'll never get a pilot Luke at the prices we paid from any company so, it is what it is I suppose.

It is. And the thing is -it's not an awful figure-. The tailoring is really solid, the sculpt is as flawed as the HT one, but I think it comes closer to Hamil, and the presentation with helmet looks pretty good. I don't even think the paint is as bad as people prepared me for. So I can't pinpoint WHY I think he was such a bad value even at the discounted rate; maybe something to do with the lack of accessories? I dunno. Either way, we'll never get a pilot Luke at the prices we paid from any company so, it is what it is I suppose.

I agree on the tailoring. I have mine posed with the helmet on. Looks great that way.

When you have less accessories it's harder to be distracted by them and you focus on (and are more critical of) the figure more overall. That's my theory anyway.

People love their extra doodads, that's why barebones figures cause so much frustration when they're not priced much lower than other beefier releases. Value for money is important to people, you're already spending an exorbitant sum on these things so it's good to feel just that little bit better about your frivolous purchases. :lol

But this is worth $240 though, right? Lol.
207a6d8d58b74d99a77dae86bdf7d77c.png

There is nobody on planet earth that believed that figure was even worth $50 under $240.:lol

I passed on LukeX at $155 including shipping. The outfit is amazing but the helmet kind of meh accuracy wise and the head - nuff said. And then there's nothing else in the box.

Look at all the tony stark sculpts. Who are they? They have to throw all the iron man stuff in to convince you its downey jr. you show your mum tyler and she'll tell it's gaw damn brad pitt.

I have been a little critical of this figure since its release but I am thinking more and more that the production figure has a significantly better likeness... The proto looks much older than Tyler actually did...

I agree, the prototype better captured today's older Brad Pitt. But it was ilkely sculpted with all the extra deep skin texture and line details knowing that the final sculpt would be softer. To carry over any significant detail, the original would have to be hyper-detailed.

^^^love it!^^^

I keep hoping mine will arrive here in California, anyone living on the west coast get theirs yet?

Back