Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The face seems a little darker but not noticeable in person as they are in photos. I noticed the same thing when i took some pics then i looked at it in person and you can hardly tell

That's good to hear. For me, the differing skin tone in the photos was really the only thing sticking out as a sign that something may have gone wrong with the paint apps/quality for the head sculpt.

So glad to hear someone say this. It seems like the majority here are on the HT train.
I know some of you may disagree with me here. But, there is a difference, overall the quality of the blitz way figures seems to be a step above. And im talking the overall here not just sculpts tailoring and such. I have them set right next to marty, stan lee, and some star wars guys. There is a differnence and its for the better. Again really just loving these figures.

I added some highlights to Tyler's hair. Thought I'd share. Probably most won't agree but I think gives some needed texture to the hair.

The imperfections aren't as noticeable in person.

Huge improvement and I know that a lot of collectors really enjoy customizing, but when I buy a $19.99 Blu Ray I don't have to get a camera and a bunch of friends together to reshoot or finish the movie...why do I need to finish or fix the figure maker's job after spending $250 on a figure?

So glad to hear someone say this. It seems like the majority here are on the HT train.

When it comes to 1/6 scale figures i am fairly new but i have been collecting for a very long time, mostly high end piece such as Cinemaquette, some SS stuff, life size pieces etc. so i am very familiar with high quality and the finer details that set things apart from the rest. So when it come to 1/6 i was on the hot toys band wagon mainly cause they were the best game in town on mass produced pieces IMO. But blitz way has set a new bar and i am excited to see what else is up their sleeves in the future. I have no problem buying more pieces from them.

Terrible iPhone pic, but I think it shows off the proportions really well. It also highlights for me the beauty of that sculpt and the supreme tailoring. I am feeling terribly foolish now in the way I reacted to them initial pictures (even if they were garbage!). This has gone from me potentially wanting a refund from Blitz, to actually becoming one of, if not my favourite 1/6 piece. It really is that good in-hand. I would say this, to those who have seen the proto at NYCCC and are feeling terribly let down when viewing these pictures, please judge this in-hand. If you are still disappointing after that, 1/6 collecting may not be for you as you may find it a very frustrating and disappointing hobby to be in.

unnamed.jpg

Terrible iPhone pic, but I think it shows off the proportions really well. It also highlights for me the beauty of that sculpt and the supreme tailoring. I am feeling terribly foolish now in the way I reacted to them initial pictures (even if they were garbage!). This has gone from me potentially wanting a refund from Blitz, to actually becoming one of, if not my favourite 1/6 piece. It really is that good in-hand. I would say this, to those who have seen the proto at NYCCC and are feeling terribly let down when viewing these pictures, please judge this in-hand. If you are still disappointing after that, 1/6 collecting may not be for you as you may find it a very frustrating and disappointing hobby to be in.

View attachment 297580

Love the pose! Simple, yet captures his personality perfectly.

View attachment 297580

I have enjoyed your commentary on the piece so far because I think that it has been insightful and balanced and actually made me feel more positive about my pre-order...but it could be a little extreme to suggest that if collectors do not like ONE piece, whether it's from Hot Toys, Blitzway, or someone else then 1/6 collecting is not for them...?

I have enjoyed your commentary on the piece so far because I think that it has been insightful and balanced and actually made me feel more positive about my pre-order...but it could be a little extreme to suggest that if collectors do not like ONE piece, whether it's from Hot Toys, Blitzway, or someone else then 1/6 collecting is not for them...?

Firstly, thank you and I am glad whatever I have said thus far has made you feel more positive about your PO. I know you won't be disappointed.

Secondly, the point I am trying to make is this.....if this figure disappoints you out of the box, then going forward everything else will pretty much disappoint you. I have been in this game 7/8 years now and I have seen my fair share of good and bad. I would consider myself fairly well qualified to make such a statement. This figure is at the pinnacle of 1/6. I can't think of too many HT figures or figures priced at $250/300 that comes close to this.

Firstly, thank you and I am glad whatever I have said thus far has made you feel more positive about your PO. I know you won't be disappointed.

Secondly, the point I am trying to make is this.....if this figure disappoints you out of the box, then going forward everything else will pretty much disappoint you. I have been in this game 7/8 years now and I have seen my fair share of good and bad. I would consider myself fairly well qualified to make such a statement. This figure is at the pinnacle of 1/6. I can't think of too many HT figures or figures priced at $250/300 that comes close to this.

You have done it again...I am feeling better and better about my pre-order! :)

Huge improvement and I know that a lot of collectors really enjoy customizing, but when I buy a $19.99 Blu Ray I don't have to get a camera and a bunch of friends together to reshoot or finish the movie...why do I need to finish or fix the figure maker's job after spending $250 on a figure?

Just a question, tell me: what would you consider a 1/6 figure (Hot Toys, or other companies) that you hold in high regard? Just curious. :)

Just a question, tell me: what would you consider a 1/6 figure (Hot Toys, or other companies) that you hold in high regard? Just curious. :)

Right now just Hot Toys and Blitzway...used to have a huge Sideshow collection but they had to go because I could not stand to look at them anywhere near my Hot Toys collection due to the quality difference...

Sorry just noticed that you were looking for a specific figure...ok...DX07, DX08, DX09...especially DX11...my favorite piece...DX14, Vito Corleone from Hot Toys...I have a pretty big collection and a fairly long list of pieces that I love but these ones spring immediately to mind!

You have done it again...I am feeling better and better about my pre-order! :)

:lol great! I can promise you one thing, so far the pictures have been underwhelming (that includes my own), so you will no doubt be very happy when you crack that box open (which is one of the best boxes I have also seen).

Sorry just noticed that you were looking for a specific figure...ok...DX07, DX08, DX09...especially DX11...my favorite piece...DX14, Vito Corleone from Hot Toys...I have a pretty big collection and a fairly long list of pieces that I love but these ones spring immediately to mind!

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if you were going to list a figure that has been extensively modded. I'd think DX09 and DX11 fit into that category to an extent.

While having to mod your figures is sometimes a sign that you didn't quite get your money's worth, it's also pretty common in this hobby and it's done with most figures released today, so it's not such a bad thing IMO. There are far more extensive mods that are needed for some figures.

Ok, thanks. I was just wondering if you were going to list a figure that has been extensively modded. I'd think DX09 and DX11 fit into that category to an extent.

While having to mod your figures is sometimes a sign that you didn't quite get your money's worth, it's also pretty common in this hobby and it's done with most figures released today, so it's not such a bad thing IMO. There are far more extensive mods that are needed for some figures.

I do not think that my personal talents would allow me to mod a figure effectively myself...I have tried to warm up to the notion of a figure that has been well modded by a talented modder and while I always love to see the pictures and appreciate the modder's artistry I have not been able to warm up to anything outside of the stock figure...though I can acknowledge that most of the great mods that I have seen look good.

Right now just Hot Toys and Blitzway...used to have a huge Sideshow collection but they had to go because I could not stand to look at them anywhere near my Hot Toys collection due to the quality difference...

Well Put AGAIN!!!

Just to remember to all of us what we preordered... we all did know that we would have not gotten this ,but come on, the production piece does not worth 250$.
e89e729984624077764690082a5824f2.png

Just to remember to all of us what we preordered... we all did know that we would have not gotten this ,but come on, the production piece does not worth 250$.

But this is worth $240 though, right? Lol.
207a6d8d58b74d99a77dae86bdf7d77c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back