Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shirt graphics! Who cares really?

I think that the point with the shirt graphics is not so much that people care that they are different but the fact that they are different allows us to visually distinguish between prototype and production figures...

It seems that the prototype had barely visible graphics on the collar:

attachment.php

The production pieces seem to have very prominent green graphics on the collar:

911f538fa167e6340b0b0b124a8e36d8.jpg

Like I said before, the ones on display at NYCC had the green collar, and they looked fantastic. I just shook my head thinking back to everyone who had freaked out and tried to cancel. I don't know how they actually feel in hand, whether they feel sturdy and substantial, but they look great and definitely on par with anything from HT.

Here's a side by side of the NYCCC and in hand shots floating around.
911f538fa167e6340b0b0b124a8e36d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For one thing, they eye color is a lot better on proto. The very dark/black iris is throwing it off since its a big focal point.
And Brad Pitt has blue eyes. The black iris is mindboggling.
Also, it looks like they used a translucent paintjob on the proto. After personally owning a figure with that paintjob, it is amazing and really sets it apart from hot toys paintjob.
The final production figure we're getting doesnt use the translucent skin tone technique, instead, its using the regular Hot Toys paintjob.

This is an unfortunate downgrade.
But still, bottomline, it looks equivalent to Hot Toys paintjob.
But honestly, its one that I think I can live with cause my two major concerns are sculpt and clothing.
Sculpwise, sometimes, there's lots of loss of detail or even warping of final sculpt that makes it smaller, or skinnier, or fatter face, etc
Again, my other major concern was I was facing the possibilty that the clothing would no way be as nice as the proto.
So, that is actually a shock to me that the clothing is just as good.

Like I said before, the ones on display at NYCC had the green collar, and they looked fantastic. I just shook my head thinking back to everyone who had freaked out and tried to cancel. I don't know how they actually feel in hand, whether they feel sturdy and substantial, but they look great and definitely on par with anything from HT.

The figure feels kinda cheap and flimsy in hand compared to the quality of Hot Toys, which is why I personally don't think it's worth the $250 asking price. That and the eyes throw the headsculpt off, so it only really looks great with the glasses on.

For one thing, they eye color is a lot better on proto. The very dark/black iris is throwing it off since its a big focal point.
And Brad Pitt has blue eyes. The black iris is mindboggling.
Also, it looks like they used a translucent paintjob on the proto. After personally owning a figure with that paintjob, it is amazing and really sets it apart from hot toys paintjob.
The final production figure we're getting doesnt use the translucent skin tone technique, instead, its using the regular Hot Toys paintjob.

This is an unfortunate downgrade.
But still, bottomline, it looks equivalent to Hot Toys paintjob.
But honestly, its one that I think I can live with cause my two major concerns are sculpt and clothing.
Sculpwise, sometimes, there's lots of loss of detail or even warping of final sculpt that makes it smaller, or skinnier, or fatter face, etc
Again, my other major concern was I was facing the possibilty that the clothing would no way be as nice as the proto.
So, that is actually a shock to me that the clothing is just as good.

I'm almost the same way. If the head sculpt is a home run, then I'm usually happy enough to overlook some small inaccuracies in the clothing or even some quality issues, however Blitzway appears to have delivered on both counts for the most part. Has taken a shot of the eyes really up close to see if they are indeed truly brown?

You're welcome.
Wow, that chair sounds impressive.
I really wish the red jacket version had that chair instead of the shower thingie.
Not even sure if I would use that accessory.

Ha i know the shower thing got a bit of weight to it too. But useless :S

Honestly, I feel really stupid after I freaked out when them first initial shots were released. This is absolutely on par with the best of HT. The sculpt is absolutely spot on in-hand, and I totally disagree that this figure feels flimsy and the clothing is not up to scratch. It's is absolutely worth every dime of the $250 paid. I am sorry for doubting BW, they have hit another home-run. I won't make the same mistake with Venkman.

Back in the box until Sunday. The sculpt is incredible. It's like Pitt's been decapitated and shrunk down to 1/6!

image.jpeg

My Chinese retail told me that they were suppose to receive a batch yesterday but they never came, BW called them back. I guess they won't be calling back from buyers who already got theirs but will call back the ones that haven't pick up by buyers.

My Chinese retail told me that they were suppose to receive a batch yesterday but they never came, BW called them back. I guess they won't be calling back from buyers who already got theirs but will call back the ones that haven't pick up by buyers.

I'm still curious if that shipment coming to America that was already on the boat was called back?

I'm still curious if that shipment coming to America that was already on the boat was called back?

My guess basic on the cost of shipping to US is much more higher than shipping within china(all those toy factories are mostly in china)the batch that already on board shipping to US will not be calling back, but they will definitely on hold for the next batch.But it's just my guess, you never know.

Whooooweeeeee! Lol. Courtesy of Michael Bonilla on OSR. The alternate fig looks a little weak in this photo, but the camera focus is definitely impacting that. Once again natural daylight LEDs are showing what an actual magnificent piece this is. [emoji106]
149d683707e56bccee22d9f7566459ef.jpg
301f92038448fb6bbea3a25181b3b38b.jpg

You see the problem's that were caused by the people who kicked off and spat there dummy out prematurely after a couple of bad pics!
And your all complaining about prices a recall won't be cheap and let's hope the cost doesn't find it's way back to us.
nice to see the quality pictures coming through now and making the knee jerkers look daft.

I've been trying that CelebsLike.Me.

Of the BW photos I tried it didn't recognize any of them as Brad Pitt. Nor did it recognize BW Bill Murray; BW Dan Akroyd; HT Cumberbatch Dr. Strange; or HT Robbie Harley.

Then I tried Star Ace's Christopher Lee Dracula...

29556020253_40526282cf_o.png

It wouldn't cost that much at all ( in fact, little) to recall the heads that were shipped to the US, assuming the paint apps is the reason for the quality check.

Back