Black Mass (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Lone Ranger was excellent- even the last Pirates wasn't that bad. . Depp is underrated as an actor because his films of late have bombed at the box office...

Just saw this and it was Awesome, really liked it and Johnny Depp is a great actor - Donnie Brasco, From Hell, Public Enemies, Blow, and now Black mass are some of my Favorites. anyways i think you all should give it a chance I think you will really enjoy it.

From just seeing the trailers, all I get out of it is that this is 2 hours of Depp in horribly fake makeup. Because of that, I will never watch this.

I really want to see this but Depp looks so bizarre (which considering his past roles is saying something) that I'm not sure if I'd be able to enjoy the film.

Not sure how much of a loss it really is. I'm sure I'll end up seeing this eventually, but I don't think it's worth spending the money to see it in a theater--especially when each of those weird eyes will be even bigger on those screens.

Saw this today. Wasn't a bad little film. I think it ran on a little long though.

Surprisingly depp wasn't bad at all in the makeup. People are just so used to his face that it still shows through the makeup. The contacts threw me off because obviously he has brown eyes but in some shots, they didn't look like contacts at all.

I'd give it a 7/10.

Being from Boston I have a lot of friends who saw it and said they all really enjoyed it. I doubt I'll ever get to see it in theaters but will probably catch it on demand at some point.

Saw it a few weeks ago.

I have mixed feelings about this movie. You get the great intimidation/bloody scenes which were fantastic .. but there's a lot of scene's that are just a bunch of wise guys talking .. and talking, which made the movie drag on. There isn't really any characters that you have any sort of connection with either.

It basically feels like a documentary turned into a movie. The whole movie feels hollow. If this movie wasn't based on real events and real people this would be a terrible movie.

My rating: 6.5/10
Girlfriends rating: 2/10

I saw this the other day and really enjoyed it. I thought "it's nice that Depp's being a little more (or is it less?:lol) creative with what he wants to do," and then I remembered that Alice in Wonderland 2 is coming out, as well as another Pirates, and all was back to normal.:lol

Back