Black Cat Comiquette shipping in next 20 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to cancel my exclusive due to funds. :monkey2 I hope someone here on the waitlist gets mine. Hopefully I can pick the regular up sometime later close to retail.

Now now, I wasn't quoting you. :wave

I asked you a question. I know you wasn't quoting me but I would like an answer. Are you saying the statue is crap? Also, leave the waving bye smiley out cause it's insulting

Last edited:
68171_press01-001.jpg

Instead it looks like this:

SSBlackCat04.jpg

AH! is a great artist and I just don't think this piece does his art enough justice. More power to those who like it but it isn't up to par IMHO. I'm hoping whatever is next will raise the bar.[/quote]

i totally agree,mr hughes original art is perject.sideshow has not caught the face or pose of the body yey again.

dc did a better with micro busts capturing likenesses fpr his art!

68171_press01-001.jpg

Instead it looks like this:

SSBlackCat04.jpg

AH! is a great artist and I just don't think this piece does his art enough justice. More power to those who like it but it isn't up to par IMHO. I'm hoping whatever is next will raise the bar.

i totally agree,mr hughes original art is perfect.sideshow has not caught the face or pose of the body yey again.

dc did a better with micro busts capturing likenesses of his art![/quote]

Now I agree that from what I see it doesn't translate exactly over from the art to the statue. I can understand the struggle to get the pose right because honestly...if you tried to translate that pose into statue...you'd probably have the statue falling over. You have to have some sympathy for the sculptors because it's VERY different sculpting something and not only getting the look & pose right, but ALSO making sure it'd be structurally stable.

I'm going to wait to see the product in hand to reserve final judgement...but even from AH's artwork...Felicia doesn't really have much of an expression at all on her face.

But I also think that the sculptor took some design liberties here that he shouldn't have. Black Cat actually looks more like she resembles Terry Dodson's art than Adam Hughes.

I asked you a question. I know you wasn't quoting me but I would like an answer. Are you saying the statue is crap? Also, leave the waving bye smiley out cause it's insulting

Well Mr./Ms. Cat, I responded the way I did because I was having a little fun with an online bud -- sorry that was lost on you.

The statue is fine, no need to change your online persona; all will be well with the world.

Oh and ....

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

Well Mr./Ms. Cat, I responded the way I did because I was having a little fun with an online bud -- sorry that was lost on you.

The statue is fine, no need to change your online persona; all will be well with the world.

Oh and ....

:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

You jerk, you just insulted her nine times. Go over to the corner and wear the "Dunce" hat! :lecture

You are now the second person on my ignore list behind Collector Freak :D

Oh please that's so old.

But yeah, Black Cat needs to get a grip. It's a statue. That's all.

I have a grip and nobody pulled your chain Eli. I could care less if he or anybody likes the statue. I was just curious as to why if that was the case and it was a little bit insulting with the way he done things.

Back