Black Cat Comiquette shipping in next 20 days!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canceled it. Hopefully the next offering will be more on par with the first two.

Lol...not surprising coming from a member with the handle of "Black Cat" :lol

The reason I canceled though is that its not feminine enough....Adam has always drawn Felicia to be very feminine and almost Cheesecakey from the examples I have provided below:

hughesblackcat2ky0.jpg

hughesblackcatbf6.jpg

blkctheadho0.jpg

blackcatbj8.jpg

The AH! Comiquette doesn't do that for me....she looks to masculine and I'm not sure if its the paint job or taking a second look at the final sculpt but it doesn't match up to the great looks of Mary Jane and Emma. Passed but really looking forward to the next announcement and order.

The reason I canceled though is that its not feminine enough....Adam has always drawn Felicia to be very feminine and almost Cheesecakey from the examples I have provided below...

The AH! Comiquette doesn't do that for me....she looks to masculine and I'm not sure if its the paint job or taking a second look at the final sculpt but it doesn't match up to the great looks of Mary Jane and Emma. Passed but really looking forward to the next announcement and order.

What about it is masculine? I agree it's not a very cheesecake pose (That first pic you posted would be an incredible comiquette), but it doesn't really look at all masculine. It's still very slender and nicely proportioned, and the face is nice.

The reason I canceled though is that its not feminine enough....Adam has always drawn Felicia to be very feminine and almost Cheesecakey from the examples I have provided below:

hughesblackcat2ky0.jpg

hughesblackcatbf6.jpg

blkctheadho0.jpg

blackcatbj8.jpg

In the first pic her ass looks flat. Almost sunken in. Who sunk Felicia's battleship?!

Seriously, it's a beautiful statue based on equally beautiful artwork. I just don't know if I can keep her.

I actually agree that BC is the least impressive of the 3, but not necessarily because it's the least sexy...it's the pose that I don't like. The floating hatch just isn't speaking to me...I would've rather them used the sketch of Felicia coming through the window...a floating window > floating hatch. It's still an impressive piece, and I will own it proudly...I just hope the remaining ones get better.

Maybe Masculine isn't the right word but I'm sorry the final product didn't translate from this:

68171_press01-001.jpg

Instead it looks like this:

SSBlackCat04.jpg

AH! is a great artist and I just don't think this piece does his art enough justice. More power to those who like it but it isn't up to par IMHO. I'm hoping whatever is next will raise the bar.

I hate that blank expression on her face, and the way she is standing so straight up.... I agree, i'd rather have the print than the statue judging by the pics.

AH! is a great artist and I just don't think this piece does his art enough justice. More power to those who like it but it isn't up to par IMHO. I'm hoping whatever is next will raise the bar.

I agree with that. I would even go as far to say that, IMHO, none of the pieces released so far do justice to AH!'s quality. I love the first two and I am not cancelling Black Cat, but as cool as they are, they don't live up to the AH! artwork.

I really like this piece so far just from the pics on SS's site but I agree that something is missing.

Like it was said earlier, it's the expression on her face. It's just to bland. It would be much better if she had a little smirk on her face like in this pic:

blkctheadho0.jpg

Nevertheless, I am still going to get it. If It arrives and I don't want it I can always return it to SS.

I really like this piece so far just from the pics on SS's site but I agree that something is missing.

Like it was said earlier, it's the expression on her face. It's just to bland. It would be much better if she had a little smirk on her face like in this pic:

blkctheadho0.jpg

Nevertheless, I am still going to get it. If It arrives and I don't want it I can always return it to SS.

:rock, I love that pic !!

i also didn't like the blank stare. canceled. bc is plentiful on the secondary market if i decide to pick her up later. i've seen her for as low as $106.99. still think emma and mj are much better.

It think the piece looks awsome ill be picking this one up for sure. Not everyone likes rob liefeld poses...

I may wait to get her in-hand and then make the decision whether to keep her or return her.

This was the only character I was interested in from this line and I'm having some doubts.

i also didn't like the blank stare. canceled. bc is plentiful on the secondary market if i decide to pick her up later. i've seen her for as low as $106.99. still think emma and mj are much better.

agreed... It's still an awesome peice... just not Emma or MJ awesome!:monkey5

Wha? Didn't you folks pay $125 for the litho, with the statue as the foreground?

Kidding aside, I'm aware that the statue looks a bit emotionless with the pose and face sculpt. And because of that it does look a bit masculine as well. Unfortunately, in order to own all the AH! lithos, I've already decided to invest in these for the long haul. Look how DC made off with the AH! bust line -- not all their sculpts were top notch. but, for those who did collect them, and stuck to it, the whole ensemble doesn't look bad. And to think DC didn't and out exclusive lithos to go with their busts!

I'll find out if I want her... I need to see her in person. Thankfully I have someone who will take her off my hands if I don't feel like I made the right choice. Either way, I am excited for her to come.

Back