Big Chief Studios James Bond Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang this is not a good sign for the future of the lineup
If they are starting to discount them, it would mean they
might have never sold out and they made more than the demand
Meets the supply.

Looking at the final product of their first wave, even a hard core
Bond fan might now have second thoughts in preordering
would you pay full retail , wait 9 months only to see the final
Product look vastly different not to mention you
can get a discount ?

Dang this is not a good sign for the future of the lineup
If they are starting to discount them, it would mean they
might have never sold out and they made more than the demand
Meets the supply.

Looking at the final product of their first wave, even a hard core
Bond fan might now have second thoughts in preordering
would you pay full retail , wait 9 months only to see the final
Product look vastly different not to mention you
can get a discount ?

Hard to say. Nosegate has unquestionably hurt sales. They might have sold out already had that not happened. No real way of knowing now. Live and Let Die isn’t a good accessment either as it was a poor film choice plus many are still weary of another Nosegate issue, so those sales are going to be low as well.

I'm sure they did not sell well-classic Bond has a very limited audience in the high-end 1/6 community. Not surprised. These aren't Marvel or SW characters for newer generations.

I have the Connery that had a really teeny nose rub that you can’t really spot at a normal viewing distance. However, I wouldn’t mind getting Goldfinger and Odd Job with serious nose rubs if they came at really steep discounts!

You're so right about this. We are the early adopters of this figures, preorderd them way back in february 2017, payed them in full way before the figures were produced and even helped Big Chief with promoting their figures by posting about them on Facebook-groups, YouTube Videos or forums.

Big Chief produced 5.000 of each of the three Goldfinger figures. So, why not take undamaged heads out and send them to their first and loyal customers? They could then put the figures on a hold and wait with selling them to new customers, till they receive new heads from this terrible factory in china.

Instead, they let us wait until doomsday...

This of course would only work, if not nearly all of the 5.000 heads are damaged...which probably are. Otherwise I really don't understand Big Chiefs approach.

By the way, I fear that the figures don't sell very good. Big Chief flogs them nowadays on their page for only £189.99. Which only shows again, that it is very unwise to preorder any figure of them in advance. Even the limited first editions are still available. No wonder after this nose-disaster.

If this ever gets a happy end?

bigchiefv8xuj.jpg

:lecture:goodpost:

They tried their best with the figures which have received warranted but harsh criticism from some, myself included. But managed to pull off a couple good villains and a good bond portrait from Inigo.

They have a long way to go, and have been somewhat receptive criticism and improvement. I actually tip my hat to them for all of this.

Where they get no pardon is how they handled the nose rub situation, denying and promising but not delivering. They sealed their fate on this line.

They waited way too long to publicly address the issue, they threw out estimates that the issue was far less than they were. When I called them out on that they countered by saying that I should just ask for new heads instead of complaining. Well lucky for them I have the skills to fix them myself. Unlucky for them the majority do not and look, still waiting with silence.

I want them to rebound because I do want more Bond figures even if its from them, its just the only option right now.

But they really only have themselves to blame if sales are soft.

I do feel a bit bad for them and QMX, they kind of killed themselves with very small market lines when they releases defective products. But "Picard day" blowouts aside, even if the damage was already done, QMX got on that issue and shipped out new heads like pros. Big Chief did not. And that's the difference.

I can’t really feel bad for them as that is what quality control checks are for. They clearly rushed these to get to to customers before Christmas. While it would have been nice to have them for Christmas, it wasn’t necessary by a long shot. It would have even been nice to have displayable figures by the 4th of July. At this point I’m looking forward to being able to display them by Halloween. If I have to wait until next Christmas I will be very unhappy with them. Rushing these out only to have 8+ months to even get going on replacements is completely unacceptable. There is no excuse for what happened here. QC was shoddy at best or likely didn’t even happen to get these shipped out ASAP. For above HT prices, collectors expect and should get nothing less than HT quality. They either have to do it right or not at all because collectors are not forgiving.

I recently bought one of the Thunderbird figures from them which was a gift for my father. I made sure to inspect the head and of course, it had issues. Strange smudging marks and scratches. Sent the head back and got sent a new one. Not perfect, but better. Clearly across their entire range of products they have QC issues. I wont buy another product until their operation has moved to a new manufacturer and QC. The Thunderbird figure however was fantastic, such a shame the QC is so lapse. But appears its being taken care of.

I finally got a response about the replacement heads and where they are:

Hello Jason,

The email we sent out was accurate however when the inspection took place the heads failed as they were not up quality.
We have since had a follow up inspection and they did pass then. The heads are currently being transported to us and should be with us by the end of July.
Once we receive them they will be sent out to you.

Best Regards

Dan

My question to everyone is how many of you
will pay Full Retail, wait a year to take a chance
on the new Bond lineup? This was a first for me
as I am a die hard Bond fan but I sold my Bond
within 2 weeks of receiving the figure because
the suit was just a mess with buttons falling off
And that body they use.....

Hello Jason,

The email we sent out was accurate however when the inspection took place the heads failed as they were not up quality.
We have since had a follow up inspection and they did pass then. The heads are currently being transported to us and should be with us by the end of July.

Best Regards

Dan

Thank you for the update. I've been impatiently wondering what happened since the last inspection didn't pass muster. So hopefully August will be the month. Too bad these heads won't be coming from the new factory -- I'd kind of like to see what this new factory would do with those heads.

I'm eager to finish my three figures in their finally poses.

Hello Jason,

Best Regards

Dan

So they’ve lied to us yet again. We were told the replacements would ship directly to us from the factory. Now we gotta wait even longer to have them go all the way to the UK and then to us. :rolleyes:

Really? They can't get the head sculpts right not only in the first place but now can't get the replacements right- hope you guys are prepared to wait more months.....

Has there been any word on the LaLD wave? Are they still on target for the fall? Haven't heard anything on them in quite some time.

They sent an email out saying that all their releases will be delayed a bit because they're changing factories. I wouldn't expect them until early next year.

Back