Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah we will be lucky to see them released anytime soon. Still no updates or even estimates on when we can expect to get the new 4th, 6th, Master and Captain Jack etc either. :( It’s all gone quiet on the Who front…

Yeah we will be lucky to see them released anytime soon. Still no updates or even estimates on when we can expect to get the new 4th, 6th, Master and Captain Jack etc either. :( It’s all gone quiet on the Who front…
I've had a Tommeh Shelby on PO for a year or something now, and the ETA is still TBD. I don't think we'll be seeing anything anytime soon.

Did anyone order those re-packaged exclusives from Zavvi? They couldn't have all sold out at the exact same time, so have they been cancelled?
Late to your message, but I had ordered an extra 4th doc and they sent a message this week that they were delayed until late feb 2022. No idea when they were supposed to be released, and I don't really expect them making it by the end of the month

Does anyone know which body I could use for an 11th head? Big Chief bodies are not available and those narrow shoulder bodies one would usually use for most figures are not compatible.

Late to your message, but I had ordered an extra 4th doc and they sent a message this week that they were delayed until late feb 2022. No idea when they were supposed to be released, and I don't really expect them making it by the end of the month
Well at least they weren't cancelled, but i wouldn't expect to see these until April/May at the earliest.
It's still a little strange how they've all sold out at the same time. I wanted another 4th Dr myself so i'm hoping that BC will have some parts left over.

Well at least they weren't cancelled, but i wouldn't expect to see these until April/May at the earliest.
It's still a little strange how they've all sold out at the same time. I wanted another 4th Dr myself so i'm hoping that BC will have some parts left over.
Yeah, who knows when those things are actually coming out. I was curious if any improvements would be made like on paint/materials, but not expecting anything better

FYI I've been in touch with Big Chief about when the new 9-12 Definitive Versions will realistically be released. It won't be until at least mid 2023 (which probably means 2024) so they've offered to pause my payment scheme for a YEAR. I've paid half so far and my next payment will be in Feb 2023.

Worth checking in with them to do this for you too if you've purchased.

^ Thanks for the update on release dates, that's about what I was expecting on those tbh. That's good if they do that for those payment plans...I only ordered 11 & 12 but I've already made my final payments on them this month...oh well...

Hopefully there will be some updates soon on when the other figures may release...the new 4, 6, Master etc too. :)

^ Thanks for the update on release dates, that's about what I was expecting on those tbh. That's good if they do that for those payment plans...I only ordered 11 & 12 but I've already made my final payments on them this month...oh well...

Hopefully there will be some updates soon on when the other figures may release...the new 4, 6, Master etc too. :)
They said they're fighting to have all those out, plus their Flash Gordon, Peaky Blinders etc. figures as soon as humanly possible (and I believe them, the situation in China is a nightmare) and they expect everything to be out this year, hence they'll begin production of the definitives in 2023. I get the impression the Tom figure will be in the next batch of releases after the James Bond stuff comes out in March/April. So, hopefully, by summer we'll start getting some nice Who treats flooding in.

I finally pulled the trigger and POed my 12 back in January, so I've only paid one installment beyond the deposit. I'll keep at it, might as well get it out of the way and clear out the road for all the new POs I'll make throughout 2022. Good to hear they're working on getting that Tommeh out too. I've not paid him off, but I've got the money set aside.

I’m interested to see how many people have bought all four definitive figures? I’m not seeing many people at all saying so (perhaps only one other person!) Makes me worry a little they’ll cancel them.

Stating the obvious I think it might be because the £1200 price scares people off, especially as all the doctors got pretty decent versions not long ago. If they’d kept it even to £999 people might be more responsive.

I had to think very carefully about getting them but in the end I thought sod it, we might be getting nuked before they even come out so might as well treat myself for if we pull through (not being flippant, but you gotta laugh haven’t you, I don’t actually think there’s any chance that’ll happen, Putin would be overthrown if he ever gave that order, I’m sure the people around him would rather not be blown up, anyway I REALLY digress, just reassuring myself.)

They said they're fighting to have all those out, plus their Flash Gordon, Peaky Blinders etc. figures as soon as humanly possible (and I believe them, the situation in China is a nightmare) and they expect everything to be out this year, hence they'll begin production of the definitives in 2023. I get the impression the Tom figure will be in the next batch of releases after the James Bond stuff comes out in March/April. So, hopefully, by summer we'll start getting some nice Who treats flooding in.
I really hope we do see the S18 Tom getting a release date sometime this year...:pray:

I bought 9, 10 & 11. Sorry, but I can't stand 12.

12th.gif

I’m interested to see how many people have bought all four definitive figures? I’m not seeing many people at all saying so (perhaps only one other person!) Makes me worry a little they’ll cancel them.

Stating the obvious I think it might be because the £1200 price scares people off, especially as all the doctors got pretty decent versions not long ago. If they’d kept it even to £999 people might be more responsive.

I had to think very carefully about getting them but in the end I thought sod it, we might be getting nuked before they even come out so might as well treat myself for if we pull through (not being flippant, but you gotta laugh haven’t you, I don’t actually think there’s any chance that’ll happen, Putin would be overthrown if he ever gave that order, I’m sure the people around him would rather not be blown up, anyway I REALLY digress, just reassuring myself.)
I considered it, but the year's far too packed for me. The MCU's finally reaching the characters I'm interested in, so I had to make space. Too many Doctor Stranges to get, plus Moon Knight, and then there's Kenobi possibly giving us more PT figures.

I already have the first two 11s, and his original costume wasn't to my liking, so it was easy to skip him. My favourite look of his was the 7b one, which I own, so... eh. 9's costume is just too non-Doctory for me. I can't see him as the Doctor with that getup. So that leaves 12 and 10. 12 I POed as I skipped the first figure, and I liked his latter look more anyhow (the red velvet jacket would tempt me). That leaves 10, whose portrait looks too cartoony and I already have the 50th version with Tennant's signature, so I'm fine. I might still go back and get him if they take that long to come out, but these are very costly figures. The average HT costs me ~320€ with taxes and everything. These go for 300€ just for the figure, and then there's the 24%+ tax and ~30€ shipping. I can justify it for my BCS Tommy (and he costs like 20£ more) because of Murphy's signature. But nearly 500€ for a single doll is just too much, especially in this day and age. I'm getting 12 to round up my DW collection, but I couldn't possibly get the whole set.

If I could choose a definitive favourite between 10 & 11, I may have entertained getting one more due to the "Definitive Style". But I can't choose between the two. I like 10 because of Tennant, mainly. So while I prefer 11's companions, more "epic" storytelling that followed and whatnot, 10's got my nostalgia. So it's hard to choose which dolly deserves that half a grand, especially when I technically already own them. Hey, maybe Tennant will come back as the 14th and we'll get a new costume for him. I never liked the Converses much. I'd prefer to see him wear something similar to Smith's wardrobe. The Doctor not being well dressed doesn't sit right with me. I didn't like 12's rocker shirts either.

Back