Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, after talking to Zavvi, apparently they did ship a few to early pre-order customers. The assured me they will be coming soon. These delays are killing me. But, if Zavvi is producing them, may explain the delay.

If you're going to continue to collect these figures get used to massive delays. Big Chief is not good at getting things out quick. I think the 8th Doctor was 3 years from pre-order to release.

BigBadToyStore has the definitive series on sale now too, with release date earlier than Sideshow (November 2023.)

It feels like a lifetime away but if they don’t make this deadline what with their new manufactures and all I’m going to give up on BigChief. I’ll be dead by the time they get anywhere near completing the Doctors and it’s not worth bothering with. I imagine many will feel the same way. I already think their delays have done damage as the new series should really have sold out by now.

BigBadToyStore has the definitive series on sale now too, with release date earlier than Sideshow (November 2023.)

It feels like a lifetime away but if they don’t make this deadline what with their new manufactures and all I’m going to give up on BigChief. I’ll be dead by the time they get anywhere near completing the Doctors and it’s not worth bothering with. I imagine many will feel the same way. I already think their delays have done damage as the new series should really have sold out by now.
I'm not getting any younger, but by the time they get to releasing all the classic Doctors..."WHO" could have more meaning than it ever did:D

Big Chief saying 4th Doctor will be coming in late summer. They do seem to finally have their figures in production after such a long delay. Flash Gordon has arrived, Bond is about to ship, Peaky Blinders are being made as we speak and then Tom Baker will go into manufacture. It seems they're getting their act together.

Rumours have it that we may have a new Doctor...

0e272c635b4e06381c3dbc177b8e5c8d.gif

If we do get Hugh Grant, I'm back to watching. And I'll obviously be dropping the money on a dolly. So, see you guys in 2027 then!

I could see it. He has international appeal and talked a bit in the past about how he was pigeonholed into romantic comedies and wanted to do more as an actor. If the BBC wanted to make a big splash with the new Doctor this would be a good move. Who knows though? A month ago Tennant was rumored to back as the 14th Doctor and next week it will be someone else, I'm sure.

Hugh Grant did do a show a year or so back. "A Very English Scandal", with Ben Winshaw I think. And then that other HBO miniseries with Kidman and Sutherland. So I don't think it's completely unlikely, but I'm trying not to hype myself up for it either.

Usually it would be a definite no, but he’s achieved enough of a renaissance recently to perhaps feel comfortable that playing the Doctor, probably for one season, won’t pigeon hole him again but will get him the attention he so craves.

Pretty terrible human being on several metrics, but it would still be a great casting. It’s easy to separate the art from the artist and by God Who needs something huge to revive it.

Russell T Davies is a TV genius and he’ll be fighting for some bombast. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kylie Minogue returned for a special around the 60th too. What a pairing that would be.

'Terrible Human being' How so? I mean there was the Divine Brown thing but that's so old now.

I've never understood Hugh Grant's appeal myself, and i've never seen anything from him that would suggest he'd make a great Doctor. Adding to that he's too middle aged, too white and too straight to ever be considered for the lead role in any current BBC drama series, nevermind DR WHO:D
Maybe he was offered the part of the Rani, or maybe he was offered the now standard role of the idiot male companion who can be preached and lectured to.
As much as i abhor the current TimeLady version, Grant ain't going to get me watching again.

Personally i'd love to see any of these three in the role... Eddie Marsan, Tody Jones or Ben Whishaw.
It's about time we had a short Doctor again, and he must be a hat wearer! :)

Eddie Marsan World's End premiere 1.jpgR (4).jpgBen .jpg

Does anyone have an idea when BCS themselves have said they will have the Definitive Edition figures… their site simply says “TBC” and any other retailer who has them up for order ranges from late 2023 to mid 2024.

Trying to be cautious with pre orders especially with Exo-6 ramping up their plans and I like to know how long there is to budget for a figure release.

^ Someone a few pages back said they’d been told mid 2023 at the earliest by BCS, but who knows, will probably be later, given all their figures seem to be delayed due to what’s gone on with covid etc.

I just wanna know when the new 4, 6, Master and Captain Jack are being released…feels like they’ve been on pre-order for ever but no updates on release timeframes/estimates for those from BCS either. Would just be nice to have some idea on when we can expect them.

I think we just need to accept it'll be early 2024 for these figures. If they appear earlier that's a bonus.

At least we've got the 4th Doctor and other Who figures which will finally be out this year.

Back