Big Chief Studios - 1/6 Doctor Who Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new editions of 9-12 are up on sideshow for preorder. Jan. 2024 expected arrival.
Great news for Americans! Hugely cheaper buying from them than BCS. I see a few cancellations and reorderings coming.

It does seem a long wait but clearly they’ve learned from their delays. Better to give them over two years (since they first went up for sale last October) to make the deadline than promise them this year and have us all screaming when we don’t get them for over a year later.

Bit of a weird thing to say but I’ve just turned 40 and obviously one is more aware of age (no we’re not old, I’m just musing) I feel like I’ll be dead before some of these figures come out (massive hyperbole but you might know what I mean!) Silly thought because this hobby is for anyone and everyone, but I can’t help thinking ‘I’ll already be 42 at least when I get these figures.’

Last edited:
Oh I forgot to mention, I had more of a chat with a guy at BCS (in relation to an order.) I asked a little more about Who and he explained a little more about why things have been so delayed.

Their figures have been produced, until very recently, at a factory which, rather than use a first come first served basis, prioritise orders from big companies. BCS only order 500-1000 for each figure so get chucked to the end of the queue often.

Their new factory is very aware of the smaller productions which will speed everything up. They’re still not committing to exact months for anything other than Bond and Flash so I guess the backlog is so big that the 4th doctor has only just begun production. They’ve got to catch up with him, three Peaky Blinders, 6th Doctor, K9, Jack Harkness and three Daleks…can’t think of any others but that’s enough! No wonder the definitives won’t start production until next year.

He did make it clear the definitives are very much prototypes and may well be improved, but they’re not promising.

Very nice chap actually. Good of him to have a chat about business stuff.

Oh I forgot to mention, I had more of a chat with a guy at BCS (in relation to an order.) I asked a little more about Who and he explained a little more about why things have been so delayed.

Their figures have been produced, until very recently, at a factory which, rather than use a first come first served basis, prioritise orders from big companies. BCS only order 500-1000 for each figure so get chucked to the end of the queue often.

Their new factory is very aware of the smaller productions which will speed everything up. They’re still not committing to exact months for anything other than Bond and Flash so I guess the backlog is so big that the 4th doctor has only just begun production. They’ve got to catch up with him, three Peaky Blinders, 6th Doctor, K9, Jack Harkness and three Daleks…can’t think of any others but that’s enough! No wonder the definitives won’t start production until next year.

He did make it clear the definitives are very much prototypes and may well be improved, but they’re not promising.

Very nice chap actually. Good of him to have a chat about business stuff.

I rolled the dice on the re-release of the Fourth Doctor, so it’s reassuring to see confirmation it’s being produced by the new factory and that production is underway. Hope the paint is the caliber of the Pertwee and not the original release.

Has anyone ordered the Zavvi exclusive Doctor Who 1/6 scale reissues? I placed my order back in April of last year and the release date has been pushed back since September 2021.

I rolled the dice on the re-release of the Fourth Doctor, so it’s reassuring to see confirmation it’s being produced by the new factory and that production is underway. Hope the paint is the caliber of the Pertwee and not the original release.
I think it's the newer season 18 Tom that's in production and not the re-release of the original version. It seems all is quite on those re-release Zavvi exclusives.

I can imagine they’ve had quite a few Zavvi cancellations. Those not used to 1/6 scale delays are not going to be happy with the delay of a year, at least. I would have cancelled if I was just getting into this stuff.

I think it's the newer season 18 Tom that's in production and not the re-release of the original version. It seems all is quite on those re-release Zavvi exclusives.
I don’t think the new Tom will be with us until September-November. Unfortunately. There’s such a backlog of stuff. I’m glad they’ve been realistic with the new definitive series. I think we’ll definitely get them on time, considering the new manufacturers with the whole two years to deliver.

I cancelled because I have the original Tom Baker release and after the delays asked myself "why am I pre-ordering another of a figure I already have in hope of better paint apps?"

Yes i can't see them releasing season 18 Tom any time soon. The Bond/Dr No and the long over due Laurel and Hardy figures will probably come first. But i don't remember BCS ever releasing more than two figures a year, so we might not see Tom until next year:(

I cancelled because I have the original Tom Baker release and after the delays asked myself "why am I pre-ordering another of a figure I already have in hope of better paint apps?"
Someone on these boards who was in contact with BC was told that the re-releases would have new improved paint apps...maybe better tailoring as well.

Someone on these boards who was in contact with BC was told that the re-releases would have new improved paint apps...maybe better tailoring as well.
When I emailed with BCS, they told me that Zavvi was given the patterns and they were making them, not BCS.

Here's a screen shot of the email.

Screenshot_20220307-143938_Email.jpg

Well, after talking to Zavvi, apparently they did ship a few to early pre-order customers. The assured me they will be coming soon. These delays are killing me. But, if Zavvi is producing them, may explain the delay.

Back