Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just as a like-for-like style comparison, ThreeZero, who to me would seem to be a similar sized player to BCS, right now has at least 30 current pre-orders, all of them distinct, individual products (not counting exclusives or the like as different products), with 27 of those still available on their site, and at least three that I know of that are unlisted but haven't hit release yet, so must have pre-sold out on the official store.

That doesn't include releases like Jaime Lannister, Arya Stark, or Ezekial, which either haven't landed yet, or are still gradually trickling out here and there, but are are not yet widely available. It also doesn't include any of the things they have previewed or announced, but haven't yet put up for order.

I feel a bit odd defending BCS so frequently of late, as I'm all for valid criticism, and they have earned their share over the years, and I've given enough of my own in the past, I guess I just don't personally see anything that warrants the ongoing predictions of impending doom. And I'm no bystander without skin in the game, I currently have 11 pre-orders locked in (counting 3 and 13), 10 of those fully paid up, so I'd be warranted if I felt a bit nervous, with that much money on the line. Thing is, I just don't. And that is not something I could have always said.

Also, given that BCS's items rarely sell out during pre-order, there's no need to do so if one doesn't want to, or feels in any way uncomfortable, so it's not even one of those situations where people feel compelled to order early or risk missing out. Sure, no matter the cause, delays suck, but are often unavoidable (certainly during the last 18 months), and are commonplace whether we like it or not. It's all just part of the game. and we all knew that already, As such, I'm not sure why there seems to be so much drama aimed at BCS to be honest. :dunno

Anyway, this is all getting a bit circular, and I've more than explained my own personal view on the matter, so I'll endeavour to shut up on the subject now. :lol
Thats fine its your opinion no problem its good to have supporters like you.

But for some like me,and this is my opinion, are mightily sceptical.

To say they are doing well and better than earlier on their buisness venture without facts is a bit of a stretch you can look at companies house in the UK And see a decline in asssets and monies over the years,including their secured loan in 2017.

Understandable for the pandemic for the 2020 season perhaps but this looks like it could be a steady decline over the years as well.

If they cant get product out re manufacturing problems and cant even get them in production until now like Bond and Flash Gordan even though they have been on Preorder for over a year, that would worry me as a buisness owner let alone a customer, especially if its over 25 pieces.
If you cant supply the demand and get in the revenue then your buisness is bound to fail.

They cant rely on good will for long and keep taking deposits or full payments for stock that they cannot (even if beyond their control) supply reliably,customers just turn away and use other outlets or relinquish the want or desire for the product ,and that part of their revenue dwindles and all thats left is the hardcore supporters.

So I do worry for their future and that of those who have monies with them as at present, this collecting buisness is bad enough let alone with a pandemic and all thats going on with shipping and freight costs rising, product stranded factories with less capacity, so to say it will be no problem may be a bit optimistic.

And others like EXO 6 seem to be doing ok at present with production and they are a fledgling niche company,maybe because he has respect and close ties to the factories and the industry because he is there on the ground? And he updates his customers on here and email and tries to correct problems when asked.BCS ignores peoples questions on social media and have even got a TAD shirty with some who dare question pricing and quality like the dalek.

So again if they were more transparent and up front with customers who are waiting instead of leaving it to the last minute hoping it would go away,then they would not have horrible
Uninformed people like me criticising them.

To me, praising them for getting things ( in my and this IS just my opinion) wrong, would be like them taking a dump on my Kids on thanksgiving and me going on to invite them round for Christmas on the off chance they would bring me some goodies.(sorry)😉

Thats fine its your opinion no problem its good to have supporters like you.

But for some like me,and this is my opinion, are mightily sceptical.

To say they are doing well and better than earlier on their buisness venture without facts is a bit of a stretch you can look at companies house in the UK And see a decline in asssets and monies over the years,including their secured loan in 2017.

Understandable for the pandemic for the 2020 season perhaps but this looks like it could be a steady decline over the years as well.

If they cant get product out re manufacturing problems and cant even get them in production until now like Bond and Flash Gordan even though they have been on Preorder for over a year, that would worry me as a buisness owner let alone a customer, especially if its over 25 pieces.
If you cant supply the demand and get in the revenue then your buisness is bound to fail.

They cant rely on good will for long and keep taking deposits or full payments for stock that they cannot (even if beyond their control) supply reliably,customers just turn away and use other outlets or relinquish the want or desire for the product ,and that part of their revenue dwindles and all thats left is the hardcore supporters.

So I do worry for their future and that of those who have monies with them as at present, this collecting buisness is bad enough let alone with a pandemic and all thats going on with shipping and freight costs rising, product stranded factories with less capacity, so to say it will be no problem may be a bit optimistic.

And others like EXO 6 seem to be doing ok at present with production and they are a fledgling niche company,maybe because he has respect and close ties to the factories and the industry because he is there on the ground? And he updates his customers on here and email and tries to correct problems when asked.BCS ignores peoples questions on social media and have even got a TAD shirty with some who dare question pricing and quality like the dalek.

So again if they were more transparent and up front with customers who are waiting instead of leaving it to the last minute hoping it would go away,then they would not have horrible
Uninformed people like me criticising them.

To me, praising them for getting things ( in my and this IS just my opinion) wrong, would be like them taking a dump on my Kids on thanksgiving and me going on to invite them round for Christmas on the off chance they would bring me some goodies.(sorry)😉

Painting me as if I am some kind of gormless defender or sycophant is unfair, as I am anything but. I follow them so closely for precisely one reason, they have the license that I am most interested in, and have done for the past decade now. I have been following this company since day one, release one for that very reason, I have purchased every single Who release over that time, and so have been there for every single up and down along the way, of which there have been many. Claiming I present my views 'without facts' feels to me like cheap undermining, and what comes across as passive aggressive digs, unwarranted.

Also at no point did I criticise anyone else's opinions on the matter, nor try to quash anyone having their say, I just disagreed and gave my own reasons why and put forth my own point of view on the subject. I also did not say there were no problems, I said I see no indication of a company going under or having liquidity problems in my view, and am not personally worried about it happening. And also, that I think the context behind the current delays is both commonplace and worth considering.

And comparing them to Exo-6, who set up their own factory, and who runs their own productions, and who put their product into production ahead of putting it up for order (and whose release product isn't getting through the shipping lanes any quicker than anybody elses), is hardly a like-for-like comparison. As Nanjin points out repeatedly, Exo-6 are intentionally different in pretty much every way to standard practice in the industry, so using them as an example in this case seems a bit specious to me.

But whatever, can we perhaps at least just agree to disagree, and I'll step away from any future part in this discussion from here on out. I'm almost as bored repeating my views as I am sure others are of hearing them. 😛

Last edited:
Painting me as if I am some kind of gormless defender or sycophant is unfair, as I am anything but. I follow them so closely for precisely one reason, they have the license that I am most interested in, and have done for the past decade now. I have been following this company since day one, release one for that very reason, I have purchased every single Who release over that time, and so have been there for every single up and down along the way, of which there have been many. Claiming I present my views 'without facts' is cheap undermining, and what comes across as passive aggressive digs, tiresome.

Also at no point did I criticise anyone else's opinions on the matter, nor try to quash anyone having their say, I just disagreed and gave my own reasons why and put forth my own point of view on the subject. I also did not say there were no problems, I said I see no indication of a company going under or having liquidity problems in my view, and am not personally worried about it happening. And also, that I think the context behind the current delays is both commonplace and worth considering.

And comparing them to Exo-6, who set up their own factory, and who runs their own productions, and who put their product into production ahead of putting it up for order (and whose release product isn't getting through the shipping lanes any quicker than anybody elses), is hardly a like-for-like comparison. As Nanjin points out repeatedly, Exo-6 are intentionally different in pretty much every way to standard practice in the industry, so using them as an example in this case seems a bit specious to me.

But whatever, can we perhaps at least just agree to disagree, and I'll step away from any future part in this discussion from here on out. I'm almost as bored repeating my views as I am sure others are of hearing them. 😛
No I didnt paint you as gormless i even said it was good they had a supporter like you.

If you see what I said as painting you as gormless then I apologise but it says more about you than I if you saw it as such.

I agree lets agree to disagree cos i dont think we will ever see eye to eye on this one.

Last edited:
No I didnt paint you as gormless i even said it was good they had a supporter like you.

If you see what I said as painting you as gormless then I apologise but it says more about you then I if you saw it as such.

I agree lets agree to disagree cos i dont think we will ever see eye to eye on this one.

And as I keep saying, I am not a supporter, I am a customer, and a discerning one at that. There is a distinct difference. Painting someone as a supporter is, to me, tantamount to calling them a cheerleader. Fact is, I have no overt loyalty to BCS whatsoever, I am a customer, nothing more, and I tend to resent any insinuation otherwise. Maybe I misinterpreted what was said, or how it was intended, but that's how it came across to me.

After all, how could I ever read into things like "it says more about you then I if you saw it as such", so lets chalk it up as different interpretations and leave it at that then ... :lol

We don't have to see eye to eye, having and keeping completely different views on a given subject is no sin, after all. Be well. :)

And as I keep saying, I am not a supporter, I am a customer, and a discerning one at that. There is a distinct difference. Painting someone as a supporter is, to me, tantamount to calling them a cheerleader. Fact is, I have no overt loyalty to BCS whatsoever, I am a customer, nothing more, and I tend to resent any insinuation otherwise. Maybe I misinterpreted what was said, or how it was intended, but that's how it came across to me.

After all, how could I ever read into things like "it says more about you then I if you saw it as such", so lets chalk it up as different interpretations and leave it at that then ... :lol

We don't have to see eye to eye, having and keeping completely different views on a given subject is no sin, after all. Be well. :)
I see a supporter as a customer who shows loyalty to a company and brand even through hard times because they love a product,you see it as something different.
Perceptions are funny things,horses for courses, thats the beauty of diversity of thought.
Stay well.

Last edited:
I just got an email from Tweeterhead apologizing for multiple/lengthy shipping delays on products. I don't have the financial/emotional investment others seem to here, but I also am not worried about BCS ripping me off or shutting down. I'm considering ordering a few other items only they sell. Your mileage may vary.(y)

I just got an email from Tweeterhead apologizing for multiple/lengthy shipping delays on products. I don't have the financial/emotional investment others seem to here, but I also am not worried about BCS ripping me off or shutting down. I'm considering ordering a few other items only they sell. Your mileage may vary.(y)
Thats what im really getting at ,other companies keep you informed, a simple apologetic email like the ones you received to explain things helps to humanize the process.

And I fully understand and respect your and others views and buying preferences.

You only get those extras if you pay in full, or by payment plan. Hopefully they'll make the maggots available to buy as a set later on...
I know bbts sold the extras separately, but they charged a premium for them. Then again, with all the extra it costs to buy from BCS, it probably still is cheaper going with someone else

Never thought I’d give any preferential treatment to the 13th Doctor - but, as figures go, this is a really good item. So in my desire to un-clutter my displays, decided to use 3rd, 10th and 13th.
86BA9C2A-C08E-412B-AF4A-2125624ADB33.jpeg

3rd Doctor / Pertwee is really stunning in hand. Would love to mix it up by switching out the black jacket for his red velvet one. Does anyone know of a reputable customizer that I could reach out to so I could commission the red velvet jacket?

3rd Doctor / Pertwee is really stunning in hand. Would love to mix it up by switching out the black jacket for his red velvet one. Does anyone know of a reputable customizer that I could reach out to so I could commission the red velvet jacket?
Try geewhizcustoms...They take commissions for everything in 1/6

They've also done the tailoring on the protos for BCS

https://www.geewhizcustoms.com/

Thats what im really getting at ,other companies keep you informed, a simple apologetic email like the ones you received to explain things helps to humanize the process.

And I fully understand and respect your and others views and buying preferences.
Yes, a little more transparency wouldn't go astray. They could have easily taken the opportunity in those videos to update everyone on the progress and possible release dates of the Laurel and Hardy and Bond figures etc....and not just plug another bunch of pre-orders.
Anyways...Time will tell...it always does:)

Friend in UK has been told by a UK company he bought his from, that they have an estimated delivery date of November December for their stocks to be distributed to them from BCS.

So I would imagine BCS may not get theirs till late October if they are to get theirs out to their customers before sending to other sellers.

So they too may not get theirs out to other collectors in other countries till November or December either, dependant upon shipping.

But who knows?

Friend in UK has been told by a UK company he bought his from, that they have an estimated delivery date of November December for their stocks to be distributed to them from BCS.

So I would imagine BCS may not get theirs till late October if they are to get theirs out to their customers before sending to other sellers.

So they too may not get theirs out to other collectors in other countries till November or December either, dependant upon shipping.

But who knows?
The ship with the commemorative edition should be arriving soon
Just seen on BCS Facebook page that both figures have arrived in the UK...so it's just customs and haulage they gotta go through now...so we are a bit closer to getting them in-hand. :)
Finally...:blissy

The ship with the commemorative edition should be arriving soon

Finally...:blissy
Yes... we should be getting our Third Doctor figures very soon! 😃

A quick shipping update!​

Hi Prince Planet:
We are pleased to inform you that your order has been passed to our shipping departmnt and is in the process of being booked in with our couriers, ready for the arrival of the stock into our warehouse.
Order Number: f6e7devd
IMPORTANT SHIPPING ADDRESS INFORMATION

If you have not yet checked and confirmed your shipping address to ensure that your item(s) arrive at the correct destination. Your order WILL NOT be shipped until it has been confirm via your Account.

You can edit your default shipping address at any time by signing in to your account and clicking on the "Shipping Details" link under "My Account". Please note if your item(s) is shipped to the incorrect destination as a result of your failure to either update your shipping details, or contacting our support team, any returns fees and subsequent fees to re-ship your item, will be chargeable.
If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
Thank you
The BIG Chief Team

Last edited:
Back