Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are also selling each Doctor individually for those who want to pick and choose.

The sets are for nutters like me who would invariably buy them all anyway, but yeah, that price is going to bite, HARD. :lol

Well at least they've set sail...:giggle:

Dear Customer,

We are very pleased to confirm that the Third Doctor and Thirteenth Doctor figures are finally on their way to us.

As you are all by now aware we had previously communicated that the figures had been booked in for shipment and indeed that was true at that time. Unfortunately the much publicised shipping crisis that has become the bane of many manufacturers’ day to day operations, saw our shipment delayed several times.

We had to deal with an unexpected issue with the batteries that are pre-installed into the figures’ display bases. This is something we have never encountered previously. Our original shipment slot was cancelled and a new booking had to be made. Our stock had to first be loaded into a specific container and then had to be loaded onto a vessel that would take product with included batteries. This vessel was not due to sail until several weeks after the original date.

The new shipment booking was then pushed back due to a COVID 19 infection that saw a third of the port’s workers forced into isolation.

However, the ship set sail on 20th August and we have an expected date of 21st September, for the arrival of the vessel into port here in the UK.

It usually takes around 5 working days for the container to clear customs and to be delivered to our warehouse. Please note that there is currently a shortage of available haulage drivers and whilst we hope that our container will not be delayed any further, at this stage we really do not know whether or not we will be affected.

We will keep you all posted once we have a clearer picture and the relevant information from our freight forwarders.

You have all been incredibly patient and we thank you for your continued support during a particularly frustrating period.

With thanks
BCS

Well at least they've set sail...:giggle:

Dear Customer,

We are very pleased to confirm that the Third Doctor and Thirteenth Doctor figures are finally on their way to us.

As you are all by now aware we had previously communicated that the figures had been booked in for shipment and indeed that was true at that time. Unfortunately the much publicised shipping crisis that has become the bane of many manufacturers’ day to day operations, saw our shipment delayed several times.

We had to deal with an unexpected issue with the batteries that are pre-installed into the figures’ display bases. This is something we have never encountered previously. Our original shipment slot was cancelled and a new booking had to be made. Our stock had to first be loaded into a specific container and then had to be loaded onto a vessel that would take product with included batteries. This vessel was not due to sail until several weeks after the original date.

The new shipment booking was then pushed back due to a COVID 19 infection that saw a third of the port’s workers forced into isolation.

However, the ship set sail on 20th August and we have an expected date of 21st September, for the arrival of the vessel into port here in the UK.

It usually takes around 5 working days for the container to clear customs and to be delivered to our warehouse. Please note that there is currently a shortage of available haulage drivers and whilst we hope that our container will not be delayed any further, at this stage we really do not know whether or not we will be affected.

We will keep you all posted once we have a clearer picture and the relevant information from our freight forwarders.

You have all been incredibly patient and we thank you for your continued support during a particularly frustrating period.

With thanks
BCS
So why the delay in letting people know?
Said originally enroute and expected date end of August, if a problem why not let people know sooner?
Then they charge people for the delivery cost so it would be quicker to despach up front, then knowing that the delays had occured again not keeping people updated.

Then the youtube "Blast" update,with no real update on the delivery of 3, saying they were on the way,again with no proper update.
This is why some people dont preorder or trust BCS.

Other company's have had the same problems with shipping and covid but still manage to get some product out within a certain time frame.

BCS though are renowned for delayed product so you shouldnt really be surprised I suppose.

It doesnt fill you with confidence for the future as Im sure some investors may be thinking.

So before some start, I am not saying distribution and covid havent been a factor, just not impessed with the lack of transparancy and customer service,especially when people have been asking for updates on social media and them ignoring it,only to give one when they realise the end of the Month is near and people,quite rightly,will be more frustrated and annoyed.

Last edited:
So why the delay in letting people know?
Said originally enroute and expected date end of August, if a problem why not let people know sooner?
Then they charge people for the delivery cost so it would be quicker to despach up front, then knowing that the delays had occured again not keeping people updated.

Then the youtube "Blast" update,with no real update on the delivery of 3, saying they were on the way,again with no proper update.
This is why some people dont preorder or trust BCS.

Other company's have had the same problems with shipping and covid but still manage to get some product out within a certain time frame.

BCS though are renowned for delayed product so you shouldnt really be surprised I suppose.

It doesnt fill you with confidence for the future as Im sure some investors may be thinking.

So before some start, I am not saying distribution and covid havent been a factor, just not impessed with the lack of transparancy and customer service,especially when people have been asking for updates on social media and them ignoring it,only to give one when they realise the end of the Month is near and people,quite rightly,will be more frustrated and annoyed.
The waiting and the set backs are all understandable, given what's going on with the pandemic. But it all leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when learning that they've obviously sent a shipment of figures over to retail outlets in the states first!:confused:

I don't understand BC's business sense at all! Big bad toy store have this in stock while the rest of us who've pre-ordered directly from BCS, and then paid up in full over a month ago still have to wait :mad:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/99790

Yeah, that's some shady bull. I'll be so happy when Doctors 2, 5 and 7 come out then I cab drop this company. I've really grown to hate their practices and they're feeling more and more exploitative as time goes on.

The waiting and the set backs are all understandable, given what's going on with the pandemic. But it all leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth when learning that they've obviously sent a shipment of figures over to retail outlets in the states first!:confused:

I don't understand BC's business sense at all! Big bad toy store have this in stock while the rest of us who've pre-ordered directly from BCS, and then paid up in full over a month ago still have to wait :mad:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/99790

Yeah, agreed - the delays are completely understandable with everything else that is going on in the world but wow I didn't know that they'd done that, I wondered why there were a few in-hand pics filtering through...very unfair on those of us who've ordered from BCS directly. :(

On the plus side they look great and at least they are en-route now and we (hopefully) have an end date by which they should arrive...and (added personal bonus) I've actually managed to make some space in the detolf for them! :yess:

Yeah, that's some shady bull. I'll be so happy when Doctors 2, 5 and 7 come out then I cab drop this company. I've really grown to hate their practices and they're feeling more and more exploitative as time goes on.
Yes the remaining classic Doctors and an odd classic villain are all i'll be wanting down the road....

Thanks for the heads up about BBTS. Ordered it and expected delivery is Tuesday. Gotta say that's shady of Big Chief. I placed my deposit 2 years ago with them and paid the balance 6 weeks ago when my account was updated with a message saying it was shipping and to pay my balance now. Going directly thru Big Chief was $50 more than BBTS. That doesn't seem like a great way to build customer loyalty when they've had my preorder deposit for 2 years!! I've canceled my order with them. Guess we'll see if they return my balance minus the NRD.

Thanks for the heads up about BBTS. Ordered it and expected delivery is Tuesday. Gotta say that's shady of Big Chief. I placed my deposit 2 years ago with them and paid the balance 6 weeks ago when my account was updated with a message saying it was shipping and to pay my balance now. Going directly thru Big Chief was $50 more than BBTS. That doesn't seem like a great way to build customer loyalty when they've had my preorder deposit for 2 years!! I've canceled my order with them. Guess we'll see if they return my balance minus the NRD.
With BCS changing the terms of your contracted agreement by requesting up front paid shipping, this means they breached the terms of the original sales agreement and you should be able to get a full refund including the deposit because you agreed to conditions that they later changed breaching the original contract.

The far more logical likelihood is that both shipments went out from the factory at the same time, but the shipment on the UK route just took longer, due to having lost their initial shipping slot, as they explained, and any other delays that may have happened on that route. Meanwhile the shipment on the U.S. route was lucky enough to get a smoother run without delays, so arrived first, which, probably not coincidentally, was right about the same time when BCS originally expected to have their own shipment by.

I'm as impatient to get these as anybody, but everything isn't some wild conspiracy just designed to screw fans over... :)

Last edited:
Got Pertwee from Big Bad Toys today. Excellent figure.

Attachments

• DD451F83-8061-467A-970E-05B9076A851D.jpeg
    DD451F83-8061-467A-970E-05B9076A851D.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 49
It's nice seeing a classic console backdrop again:)

I might be tempted to pre-order from BIG BAD TOYS for future releases...unless i can finds me a Tardis to go forwards in time and bring one back from next month...or is it the month after:unsure:

Don't you miss out on the extras like 6th umbrella or 3rd's maggot if you go with someone else?

Back