Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see BCS have sent some out to you tubers already.

One review is showing a loose head, and arms that dont stay outward properly and blue staining on the shirt from the jacket.

Doesn't bode well for some if the QC is hit and miss.

HT Jedi Cloaks are notorious for staining. The solution there seems to be a warm rinse in water. I wonder if that will work for Pertwee's jacket?

Well I’m pleasantly impressed… will investigate the clothing and redress at the weekend, at which time I may soak the cape….

Attachments

• 57F78CFA-6E35-4AE4-97AF-76E82E398DA2.jpeg
    57F78CFA-6E35-4AE4-97AF-76E82E398DA2.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 37
Mine arrived. Looks pretty good, except for the shirt. The collar looks off center or something and it's got what looks like yellowing or very lightly stained spots. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the clasp on the jacket undone(my eyes aren't that good lol). Anybody got a tip for getting the clasp undone? Body is a bit loose and the neck is floppy also

Edit: Just got the coat off by pulling over his head. Yellowing and blue stains on the shirt...

Last edited:
My 3rd and 13th Doctors arrived about 10 minutes before I had to leave for work so I only got the chance to open the box and have a very quick look. Both are very impressive figures, the sculpts are fantactic. Jodie's skin tone looks a bit dark or gray but it could have just been the lighting and she may look fine out of the packaging. What's with the Pertwee Tardis backdrop though? A blurry, low resolution picture was all they could find? Pretty poor choice.

Looking forward to getting home from work and setting them.both up!

Yeah I got mine earlier in the week too...very pleased with him - really nice looking figure and the sculpt is great. Doesn't appear to be any staining on the shirt that I can see/find and the body seems to be OK too, will have a proper look over the the weekend. Apologies for the not-very-good pic, the lighting in my room is horrendous!!
IMG_1519 (3).JPG

Today is my birthday. Pertwee and Jodie were schedules for delivery today.

But no. Heaven forbid I actually get them today. Delayed in Memphis. :banghead

They probably had to make a quick trip to see Elvis. I guarantee the 13th Doctor is a fan of peanut butter and nanner sandwiches and the 3rd is there to keep Elvis from getting too frisky with her.

Happy birthday. Sucks they couldn't arrive today for you. From my quick peek they look worth the wait.

Last edited:
I was pleasantly surprised that my Three and Thirteen figures arrived today. Both look great overall.

I do have some staining on Three’s shirt. It’s not terribly noticeable, but it’s unfortunately in his collar. I’m hoping a little mild bleach mixed with warm water will fix that.

I definitely want to soak his jacket I water and vinegar. I’m not sure what to do about his cloak. I’m worried that the black velvet collar will bleed onto the shirt. I suspect that is where the dye on the shirt collar came from.

Today is my birthday. Pertwee and Jodie were schedules for delivery today.

But no. Heaven forbid I actually get them today. Delayed in Memphis. :banghead
Urgh thats always the way! Hope you had a good birthday anyway…and also that your figures show up soon. They are worth the extra wait! :)

I checked - no staining on Doctor 3's shirt. Lucky me.
I finally noticed how, if you look at the photo I'd posted here, one
of his shirt tails was askew... I carefully pulled it down. Hope everyone who ordered
this fine figure gets theirs very soon! I had to look at mine first thing this morning.
Just to make certain he really was here, LOL!

The Jack Dawson figure which is also in the photo... is actually a knockoff from a company called "Chong."
It got here Monday, so it was kinda cool when Doctor 3 arrived just yesterday.

Back