Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked - no staining on Doctor 3's shirt. Lucky me.
I finally noticed how, if you look at the photo I'd posted here, one
of his shirt tails was askew... I carefully pulled it down. Hope everyone who ordered
this fine figure gets theirs very soon! I had to look at mine first thing this morning.
Just to make certain he really was here, LOL!

The Jack Dawson figure which is also in the photo... is actually a knockoff from a company called "Chong."
It got here Monday, so it was kinda cool when Doctor 3 arrived just yesterday.
I hope i get lucky too:)

How are the shirt lapels size wise?

I'm re-watching some Pertwee stories...and had forgotten that he battled Darth vader himself Dave Prowse in The Time Monster...

d03-3o-c664.jpgd03-3o-c679.jpgd03-3o-c681.jpg

One thing I wish they would have done is given an option for the shorter hair. His hair wasn't that poofy when he wore this costume

One thing I wish they would have done is given an option for the shorter hair. His hair wasn't that poofy when he wore this costume

He really should have had two heads of they were going to go with such and extreme expression. He's very angry looking g which rather limits the poses he looks good in. I would rather have had two Pertwee heads and one Jodie if it were up to me.

Having had a bit more time with this is an excellent figure. Lined up next to he others the skin tone sticks out. It's more natural where the others are more pink. It won't be so noticeable when you mix in other new Doctors with similar paint jobs, I'm sure.

He's also either too tall or the 4th Doctor is too short. They stand the same height when Pertwee should be shorter. Maybe season 18 Tom will be taller?

Minor niggles though. 3 and 13 are really nice figures and I'm very happy to have them.

He really should have had two heads of they were going to go with such and extreme expression. He's very angry looking g which rather limits the poses he looks good in. I would rather have had two Pertwee heads and one Jodie if it were up to me.

Having had a bit more time with this is an excellent figure. Lined up next to he others the skin tone sticks out. It's more natural where the others are more pink. It won't be so noticeable when you mix in other new Doctors with similar paint jobs, I'm sure.

He's also either too tall or the 4th Doctor is too short. They stand the same height when Pertwee should be shorter. Maybe season 18 Tom will be taller?

Minor niggles though. 3 and 13 are really nice figures and I'm very happy to have them.
Yeah, after all that wait, an extra head would have been great. I said before that he needed a more neutral face since he wasn't really angry looking often. Their sizes are off a lot of the time. I really hope 2 and 7 aren't as tall as tom...

Unfortunately the staining on mine was pretty bad . I have given my Pertwee jacket a bath. Anyone have tips on drying him? At the moment I’m just air drying it on SS body.

Also, will a bleach/water soak get the staining out from the shirt? The neck stain doesn’t bother me as much since it’s mostly covered anyway. Not unexpected after the stain issues with HT Jedi Luke… but still… :(

FC22FB3F-1E80-4A0C-B332-4D7FCDD0EF8F.jpeg
5FC06B71-EEC6-44F0-A073-BAD20DAA7172.jpeg
68808B62-39B7-413B-A1CD-379F7B9576E4.jpeg
B2D307AA-D756-4651-A324-B68248E64D26.jpeg
8029D796-2212-452C-B1FC-112FF6B51159.jpeg

Right out of the box. The 3rd isn’t one of my favorite Doctors but this BCS figure is one of my favorite Doctor figures! Pictures don’t capture it. The figure is stunning in person. The other BCS doctor figures (except the 13th) don’t even come close in terms of sculpt, paint apps, tailoring. Amazing.

Attachments

• 1F7043F2-291D-48BA-9BF0-36C87545D5E3.jpeg
    1F7043F2-291D-48BA-9BF0-36C87545D5E3.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 43
  • CEE6CFF0-5FD8-45C9-95B1-A98A3E2B3FE8.jpeg
    CEE6CFF0-5FD8-45C9-95B1-A98A3E2B3FE8.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 40
Unfortunately the staining on mine was pretty bad . I have given my Pertwee jacket a bath. Anyone have tips on drying him? At the moment I’m just air drying it on SS body.

Also, will a bleach/water soak get the staining out from the shirt? The neck stain doesn’t bother me as much since it’s mostly covered anyway. Not unexpected after the stain issues with HT Jedi Luke… but still… :(

View attachment 541081View attachment 541082View attachment 541083View attachment 541084View attachment 541085
I wrote before that water/bleach removed mine. Mine also had a bit of blue in the exact same spot on the neck, but I haven't mess with since it's not visible

Yeah, it's a bit annoying. I mean the dye will come out or at least it did on mine. Mine has a tiny blue mark on the head sculpt in the same spot as pixel's. I haven't tried to remove it. It's not visible, but still

Yeah, it's a bit annoying. I mean the dye will come out or at least it did on mine. Mine has a tiny blue mark on the head sculpt in the same spot as pixel's. I haven't tried to remove it. It's not visible, but still
I tried removing it. No dice. Its not visible and neither is the staining on the shirt. Not sure it’s worth the hassle of getting a replacement. Jacket has dried. Getting it back on was a pain, but I managed it. Looks good. I’m good with it.

Well after a lot of frustration with boiling, steeping, bleaching, ironing and trying to refasten that bloody jacket toggle!!:gah:...I finally have the good Doctor up on the shelf:)

For me the head sculpt is up there with Roger Moore's Bond as BCS finest yet...Just wonderful with the expression capturing the seriousness that Pertwee brought to role perfectly...Paint apps too are excellent.
The costume needs a little work to look right (especially the jackets sleeves which are a tad too wide) But dampening them down with water helps to shape them better.
The shirt collar could do with being a tad bigger as well...but they can look ok after an iron. Love the boots though and the real working zippers.
Lots of niggles...the head joint was very loose on mine but can be fixed by pushing a tiny piece of tissue/kitchen towel into the socket. Otherwise the body joints are all nice and tight but i do wish there was more ankle articulation which is very limited. And no extra hand pegs.
Anyways here's a few pics...
DSC_0104.JPG
DSC_0147.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG
DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0111.JPG

Back