Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I moved all my Star Wars figures out, then I crammed Batman figures into the lower shelf. Then... tried to give each BC Who figure some personal space (and time).
I might have to move the Batman figures out to open up the cramped third shelf. I never thought I’d ever fill this cabinet with Who figures!!

Attachments

• 8B8DF6DC-E1F7-4C0E-BB82-1038C8F2392C.jpeg
    8B8DF6DC-E1F7-4C0E-BB82-1038C8F2392C.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 66
^ Great display & collection! :rock Looks fantastic.

I currently have 4 detolfs for my 1/6 - 2 Marvel, 1 Star Wars and 1 shared by Doctor Who & LOTR. My plan is to give LOTR and Who their own detolfs as these are the main 2 franchises I am focusing on collecting going forward...so I somehow need to find alternative display areas for a lot of my Marvel figures (will probably end up just putting some away tbh) ...so needless to say I can't wait to sort it all out...:panic::gah:

In hand - initially, I thought the costume was bulky.
I removed it as the shirt sleeves were forced up inside the jacket.
Once I had pulled the shirt sleeves down - the jacket sat better.
in the pose below, you can see (hopefully) That the jacket is not baggy, but actually sits and moves quite naturally.

Attachments

• 40FFD802-0C9C-4A7E-9035-B6907DF9EE5F.jpeg
    40FFD802-0C9C-4A7E-9035-B6907DF9EE5F.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 76
in the pose below, you can see (hopefully) That the jacket is not baggy, but actually sits and moves quite naturally.
Is this shipping already?

The sleeves look good there

They both turned out really well, thankfully. But I must admit a lot of my attention was drawn to all the stuff in the background. The new Capaldi looks to be shaping up nicely, and looks like a School Reunion K-9 variant is on the way, too. Can't wait to get a look at the Ecclestone sculpt, really high hopes for that.

Thanks for posting the video...they both look great!! :yess: I am definitely gonna need that new Capaldi figure!

Nice video. I know it’s Mark’s company so he has to say nice things about his figures. I can only echo everything he said. Jon Pertwee is stunning, and although I’m one of those folk that had no time fir the 13th Doctor on tv, the figure is a very accurate and well made representation of the character.
like Drake, I was paying more attention to background stuff!! And what I saw looks very interesting.

Nice video. I know it’s Mark’s company so he has to say nice things about his figures. I can only echo everything he said. Jon Pertwee is stunning, and although I’m one of those folk that had no time fir the 13th Doctor on tv, the figure is a very accurate and well made representation of the character.
like Drake, I was paying more attention to background stuff!! And what I saw looks very interesting.
Prolly should start a new thread, but BCS just teased their new David Tennant sculpt:

33863A5C-1946-4AFF-BE35-AAD008B81F88.jpeg

^ Yeah I thought that as well. The other preview sculpts that they've put up on Facebook look pretty good though. I only intended to get the new Capaldi, but now I've seen the others I may have to get the Matt Smith one as well! :panic:

I don't think these kinds of zoomed in closeups of the face do many sculpts any favours, personally. Unless it is a person with very strong and distinctive features (like Capaldi, who probably comes out of this looking best as a result), you kind of need the balance of the rest of the head showing to get a proper feel for it. The face is a very important key factor, no doubt, but the shape of the head, hairline, the hair itself, forehead, jawline, ears and so on, not to mention the size and placement of the various facial features as well, all contribute strongly to the overall likeness package. As a result I'll hold my tongue on some of these until I've seen the full sculpts.

Last edited:
The scepticism I have with the definitive editions is really just whether there is enough demand. The originals had decent runs, we are about to get the “cheaper” reissues from Zavvii in decent production numbers… will there be enough people willing to rebuy another version at a much higher price tag?

Back