Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past there was a lot that BCS could be blamed for as far as delays go, but blaming them for such things in the current situation seems ridiculous to me. Covid, government enforced limitation of movement and reduced factory workforces, a worldwide shortage of shipping containers, some shipping routes removed completely, massive backlogs at ports, and the price of shipping via container at least doubling on all routes, with some prices having risen over 500%, for a small player with, one imagines, not a lot of cash flow, and a lot of unexpected additional expenses this past 18 months, I'm kind of just glad they have survived all of this at all.

I'm all for criticism where it is due, very much so, but it doesn't seem due at all here, not on this count anyway
It's all just tongue(firmly) in cheek fun. No one is blaming anyone, we're all well aware of the implications caused by the pandemic...

I don’t understand the criticism either, under the circumstances. BCS have sent production copies of both Pertwee and Whitaker out for review (YouTube videos have already been posted in the last few weeks), and have told us the figures are scheduled to ship from China by the end of the month. I’m not sure why people are lamenting that they won’t see their figure by Christmas. I think BCS has done all they can, under the circumstances.

Just paid shipping for Pertwee, and confirmed shipping address for both 3 and 13. We're finally on the downward run with these two. :)

Yep. Looking forward to getting both. Going to have to redo the Detolf a bit to get them to fit. Does anyone have their Tardis on top of the Detolf? Its pretty heavy, if I remember, is it too heavy for the cabinet?

Can’t wait. Hope Pertwee is the home run he looks like. I can’t recall the last time I was this excited for a figure.

I didn't get a request either, I noticed it when I went to pay off another pre-order.

I expect they set up to accept shipping payments in advance in order to avoid any potential delays on their end, but they won't send out actual notices to customers to actively request the payment be made until the stock is closer to actually arriving at their warehouse.

I received an email request to pay my shipping balance the other day. They are sending emails, I can say that much.

Yeah, the email said they normally were questioning shipping closer to ship date but for these they're doing it early to "make it easier." Here's the email.

Dear customer,

We are pleased to advise you that the 13th Doctor Series 11 Signature Edition, Third Doctor Commemorative Edition, Giant Green Maggot Version 1 Limited Edition is on its way from our vendors in China to the UK.

For previous releases we have not requested final payment due until a few days prior to the arrival of the stock at our warehouse. In a bid to make the shipping process more efficient, we are requesting payment ahead of the arrival of the stock.

Please note stock is expected to arrive at our warehouse around end of August 2021.

If you have already paid in full for your item, we now require payment for shipping costs in readiness to despatch your order.

We have automatically added shipping costs to all orders.

Order Number: 35539
Your shipping costs are: £30.00
Your shipping method is: Fedex International Priority

Please note This order contains an item that qualifies for Free Shipping (13th Doctor), this was an incentive benefit when you placed your order. This offer has been applied to the qualifying item only.

To remit payment for any outstanding balance, plus shipping costs all you need do is sign in to your account, select "View Order History" and then find the appropriate order. Click the "View Order" button, then click "Make Balance Payment" in the "Amend Order" options to complete your payment.

If you would like to pay any outstanding balance, plus shipping costs b ut are unavailable to take delivery of your item(s), please notify us at [email protected]

If you would like to delay payment for any outstanding balance, plus shipping costs, please notify us at [email protected].

IMPORTANT SHIPPING ADDRESS INFORMATION

You NOW need to check and confirm your shipping address to ensure that your item(s) arrive at the correct destination. Your order WILL NOT be shipped until it has been confirm via your Account.

You can edit your default shipping address at any time by signing in to your account and clicking on the “Shipping Details” link under "My Account”. Please note if your item(s) is shipped to the incorrect destination as a result of your fai lure to either update your shipping details, or contacting our support team, any returns fees and subsequent fees to re-ship your item, will be chargeable.

CUSTOMS CHARGES

Value Added Tax (VAT) is included on all orders for UK customers. International customers are responsible for all customs fees in accordance with their destination country’s importation laws.

If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact us at [email protected].

Thank you

There wasn't an email about the the 13th Doctor but my pre-order for her has free shipping so no need to pay. I did have to confirm my address however so don't forget to do that.

Think this happened before with another figure, some folks got emails and others didn't and had to check their accounts. Anyway, shipping paid & address confirmed for me too :yess: great to see that these are getting closer...I just need to make some space in the detolf now! :panic:

Back