Big Chief Studios* - 1/6 Doctor Who - #3 Jon Pertwee

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting antsy for this now... :)

Wonder if they'll debut another Doctor once these two finally ship. Hopefully they've sorted the issues they had with the jumpers for Five and Seven, though they might well jump straight to those new versions of Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve.

The once unthinkable dream of having all the Doctors on the shelf inches ever closer...

We have 1, 4 and soon we will have 3. 6 is up for pre-order. I wish we could have 2 next, really need him with 1, 3 and 4. I do also want 5 and 7.
I also look forward to the Brig and I dream we could get Captain Yates, Sgt Benton, Jo Grant, Sarah Jane and many more. I wonder if we could get to see 3 and 4 released in the coming years with different outfits. I know Season 18 Tom is already up. We are so lucky to be getting these wonderful figures.

I remember seeing reports from BCS that they were running into some problems with 5 and 7. It?s actually how 6 got brought forward in the schedule.

My guesses:
1) The complications with 5 and 7 might be their jumpers/sweaters. Just a guess, based on the fact that knitwear is a feature shared by both costumes.
2) Troughton may be brought forward in the schedule and will be the next classic-era Doctor announced.
3) A modern era Doctor variant (deluxe version) may be up for pre-order before Troughton or another classic Doctor. We?ve already seen the costumes in development.
4) We might see a Dalek or Cyberman announced soon, maybe even next.

Again, these are only my guesses.

I would be so happy if the next Doctor announced was Troughton! :rock Really hope he gets moved forward.

I’m also hoping for Troughton. I hope they take another stab at the First Doctor someday as well, though I imagine that’s not likely. Would love to have 1-4 all at the quality of this Pertwee.

If they did a William Hartnell First Doctor with a switch out David Bradley First Doctor sculpt (or vice versa, depending on which they believed would sell better, what accessories they wanted to include, whether they wanted to do a signed edition etc), they could kill two birds with one stone, and appeal to many of those who picked up the original release and were happy with it, as well as those who missed out.

If they did a William Hartnell First Doctor with a switch out David Bradley First Doctor sculpt (or vice versa, depending on which they believed would sell better, what accessories they wanted to include, whether they wanted to do a signed edition etc), they could kill two birds with one stone, and appeal to many of those who picked up the original release and were happy with it, as well as those who missed out.

You might as well throw in a Richard Hurndall from "The Five Doctors" sculpt, so you'd have all variations.

The face is good, but the hair is a convern... mould lines, looks like hair ends are chipped or have holes??? Flat colour. Ive got two ordered so one will need remedial work I tjink.

Jon’s hair was always going to be a challenge, I think. There was a good bit of light color sprinkled in with the white, so I’m glad they haven’t gone too gray.

I think they’ve managed to capture the vibe of Jon’s hair better they have Tom’s in the season 18 sculpts. Something about those looks off to me, especially the hatless head. Tom’s perm doesn’t help — the sculpts don’t look far off how he appeared that season, but it seems strange in toy form.

I remember seeing reports from BCS that they were running into some problems with 5 and 7. It?s actually how 6 got brought forward in the schedule.

That's kind of funny. I figured out of all of them, 6 would be a challenge with those crazy patterns haha

And the wait continues....

We might not see this until Christmas :LOL:

Dear customer,

We are pleased to confirm that the Third Doctor sixth scale character replica figure has passed the final QC checks.

After some minor improvements the figure is now ready.

The process of organising the shipment with our freight forwarders is underway, but please note that there are currently severe logistical challenges in getting product out of China. The figures are scheduled to ship before the end of this month. Should an earlier shipment slot become available, we will be notified and we will confirm to you all.

We thank you for your continued patience during these unprecedented times.

Thanks
BCS

^ Yeah I got that email too - question is which Christmas? :lol

Still I'm not surprised tbh and I guess it wouldn't be a BCS figure release without the traditional lengthy delay! The Who figures always seem to "take the long way round" to get to us. Sure it will be worth the wait tho.

In the past there was a lot that BCS could be blamed for as far as delays go, but blaming them for such things in the current situation seems ridiculous to me. Covid, government enforced limitation of movement and reduced factory workforces, a worldwide shortage of shipping containers, some shipping routes removed completely, massive backlogs at ports, and the price of shipping via container at least doubling on all routes, with some prices having risen over 500%, for a small player with, one imagines, not a lot of cash flow, and a lot of unexpected additional expenses this past 18 months, I'm kind of just glad they have survived all of this at all.

I'm all for criticism where it is due, very much so, but it doesn't seem due at all here, not on this count anyway

Last edited:
In the past there was a lot that BCS could be blamed for as far as delays go, but blaming them for such things in the current situation seems ridiculous to me. Covid, government enforced limitation of movement and reduced factory workforces, a worldwide shortage of shipping containers, some shipping routes removed completely, massive backlogs at ports, and the price of shipping via container at least doubling on all routes, with some prices having risen over 500%, for a small player with, one imagines, not a lot of cash flow, and a lot of unexpected additional expenses this past 18 months, I'm kind of just glad they have survived all of this at all.

I'm all for criticism where it is due, very much so, but it doesn't seem due at all here, not on this count anyway
Well said.

Back