Beyond the Event Horizon Customs and Bashes by The_Darkness_Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks so much! I am definitely trying.

I am very grateful to Joe Rau ….after many many many months, I was able to keep my promise and place an order with him. I really like having 1/6 scale droids in my collection.

9590A037-6F21-4737-AC0C-B797734DD4DE.jpeg

DCE95944-02EE-4FB5-A192-8E5554A15BE9.jpeg

B5EE394A-4D79-464D-80EC-DFA8BB4C5DF1.jpeg

Very cool! Still have my RustyJ version to build. I really like the inner workings :D I take it you’ll run some fiber optics to light the eyes?

Some of my friends have messaged me regarding the color so here are some thoughts I will share.

I really don’t consider myself a great painter. It’s definitely difficult for me to try to match colors.

I admit I agonized over this color scheme. The action figure from many years ago was blue. The color we see in the movie was blue… Most likely because of the lighting. But the prop was a metallic gray. The gentle giant bust is metallic gray.

I finally decided to paint it with a bluish tint with an overcoat of blue steel. The wash that I add often makes it darker than what I intended.

But, thanks for the compliments, comments, and thanks for the suggestions. I want to paint another one now that more closely matches the prop.

Wow :rock
A happy medium in color choice and the light up features added look great. I don’t mean to nitpick but I noticed that the neck is missing the metal band… just something that always stood out to me on this droid.
Excellent work, Steven!

Cool. Thank you.

I have some thin black pinstripe artist tape… I think that’s what it’s called. That I could paint silver. However, it would be better to paint something that’s already there in the sculpture.

Back