**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also like how Joe Johnson was like when he was creating Fett nobody bothered him about the details George didn’t tell him he didn’t like the orange lol

He was just left alone to be creative.

A nice dig at the future of ILM becoming micro managed with the over analyzing of everything leading to the creation of the YES group which existed before the STORY group.

But the worst part of this documentary is the fact that they accurately point out that what made Fett so bad ass was his veil of mystery and then they lead right into how they created this detailed back story for him in the PT! :slap

He agreed with some other billionaires to give half to charity, at least last time I heard.

I just read a report that Lucasfilm said they would transfer most of the $4 billion to the charity.

Then there's another page that reckons he's actually made $10 billion, since some of the payment was in shares.

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2021/03/12/george-lucas-disney-acquisition-10-billion/
And if that report is true, then he could only have paid the $2 billion in cash directly into the charity.

I just read a report that Lucasfilm said they would transfer most of the $4 billion to the charity.

Then there's another page that reckons he's actually made $10 billion, since some of the payment was in shares.

https://dorksideoftheforce.com/2021/03/12/george-lucas-disney-acquisition-10-billion/
And if that report is true, then he could only have paid the $2 billion in cash directly into the charity.
I think it was $4 bil in cash and then $4 bil in shares for a total of $8 bil. Then the shares obviously have went up in value since the acquistion, so I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it was $4 bil in cash and then $4 bil in shares for a total of $8 bil. Then the shares obviously have went up in value since the acquistion, so I wouldn't be surprised.

It's a crazy amount of money whatever.

To think if fate had taken another turn, and he'd be given the rights to Flash Gordon, and he'd made the Flash Gordon film as he'd hoped, then Star Wars would likely never have existed. He might've have got it out of his system and moved onto something else.

Necessity being the mother of invention, and what not!

And if Lucas' Flash Gordon bombed, there would be no Indiana Jones likely. At least, not with the freedom and budget that it had.

That said, Lucas probably would have created the same amazing SFX at the time and the same quick-editing style and that familiar used universe, etc. So its likely Flash Gordon would simply be our "Star Wars".

But what if this show ends up being otherwise really really good in your estimation? Will you be able excuse it for not jibing with that line of dialogue? Especially if it smooths over other issues of Lucas failing to properly connect ROTS with all the details of that era given in ANH.
I appreciate the question, my friend, but my simple answer is: No. There's too much story value in the Vader/Kenobi dynamic as we've understood it since the end of the OT. It doesn't need, nor should it be allowed, to be re-imagined.

The original Star Wars should never be diminished just to prop up the garbage that was the PT. I usually try to be more diplomatic about this sort of thing, but SW is being watered down to the point where I can't be genuine in doing so anymore.

If it happens, some fans will try to equate it to the recontextualizing of ANH that Lucas did with ESB and ROTJ. Nonsense! Those stories were evolving and moving forward. Plot twist allowances in that sense are totally different. But to go back after 44/45 years to change a key element of the dynamic between two pivotal characters just because it could be "cool," or because it might retrofit something to help make the ****** PT a better fit? **** no!

I'm sick of it, to be honest. I'm sick of LFL/Disney playing fast and loose with "the last of the Jedi will you be." I'm sick of dead characters being brought back because creators of today are too vapid to come up with their own equals. And I'm sick and tired of the inferior PT era requiring the OT to be recontextualized in order for everything to "fit" or work more cohesively. So I'm not going to be playing along anymore. The original OT is what matters to me; the rest is too "take it or leave it" to be worth changing how I perceive the original OT context which inspired me so much as a child. It's not worth it.

I'll watch, and hope to be entertained, but it won't "count" in my personal canon. Frankly, only Andor has any chance of "counting" for me. As long as it doesn't incorporate any of the animated crap, or otherwise try changing OT context. The rest of the "content" is messing too much with characters and context that meant too much to me for too many years.

And if Lucas' Flash Gordon bombed, there would be no Indiana Jones likely. At least, not with the freedom and budget that it had.

That said, Lucas probably would have created the same amazing SFX at the time and the same quick-editing style and that familiar used universe, etc. So its likely Flash Gordon would simply be our "Star Wars".

The Butterfly Effect...

The Son of Flash trilogy would've had him searching for his grumpy old dad, and trying to coax him back to defeat a reincarnated Ming...

The Mingdalorian would be a well received TV series though, leading right into the much anticipated The Book of Prince Barin.

With KK involved, things will never be enjouable again. Too agenda driven. Best years for SW was mid 90's and 2007-2010 ish. Honestly the last 8 movies made things for SW. Merch sales have proven that.

With KK involved, things will never be enjouable again. Too agenda driven. Best years for SW was mid 90's and 2007-2010 ish. Honestly the last 8 movies made things for SW. Merch sales have proven that.
This post is so full of fail it’s not even funny lol

Mando S1/S2 > SW SE in 97 and TPM 99.

YES the LEAD UP to the SE and TPM were epic but the lead up is not what counts.

I didn’t even bring up the fact that KK was in charge for Mando because I know she really had nothing to do with its success BUT the harsh reality is technically she was “in charge” of the studio.

Repent lol

What happened in 2007-2010 in Star Wars-ville? Cartoons? :lol

George was so right to sell and be done with Star Wars when he did. I wish he sold before the PT.

I like Mando fine, I love RO... but nothing is like Star Wars circa 1977-1983. Nothing. No matter how much you stamp your little feet... it just means you didn't catch on to something we all already experienced at its peak. You'll never know that feeling. Never. Go watch Avatar again instead.

George was so right to sell and be done with Star Wars when he did. I wish he sold before the PT.

I like Mando fine, I love RO... but nothing is like Star Wars circa 1977-1983. Nothing. No matter how much you stamp your little feet... it just means you didn't catch on to something we all already experienced at its peak. You'll never know that feeling. Never. Go watch Avatar again instead.
Damn that's harsh, lol. I'm so glad to have been alive and old enough to see SW and ESB when they were first released. Especially 1977-1982. Six years where theatrical SW was perfection, no controversy, and embraced by the world.

Then came ROTJ which dimished it somewhat but nothing even close to how things changed forever in 1997 and then again in 1999.

Harsh but true. Cinema isn't even the same experience today that it was in the OT era.

New generations will have their own things, of course, but never that initial "Star Wars" experience. Coming from nothing in 1977 and being thrown into hyperspace...

One thing I'm likely not to see in my lifetime but will come to pass is the totally immersive metaverse, virtual reality, whatever it will be called experience... like the Matrix, going into a believable whole-new-world and experiencing it like we do in the real world... now that will be something incredible.

This post is so full of fail it’s not even funny lol

Mando S1/S2 > SW SE in 97 and TPM 99.

YES the LEAD UP to the SE and TPM were epic but the lead up is not what counts.

I didn’t even bring up the fact that KK was in charge for Mando because I know she really had nothing to do with its success BUT the harsh reality is technically she was “in charge” of the studio.

Repent lol
Well fully enjoyable. Too much kther nonsense to go with great Mando material. Can't see good material across the board w merch, books, games etc. Can aleays steer the ship back, but KK has to go. I want good new material, yet here we circle back to Obi Wan, Andor and Fett. Space the nostalgia out some insread of relying on it now.

Books, merch, games. There was great stuff in those times. EU had some badass stuff in there but wasnt capitalized on. This Fett stuff shouldve been years ago.ol Georgie boy got too sensitive cause novelists and screenwriters were putting out phenonmenal material compared to his garbage.

Back