**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your dedication to Disney Star Wars is peerless.
spongebob-squarepants-cheer.gif
If you want to see SW done by A24 go watch the climatic end battle of The Northman!

I seen all 3 episodes. As a huge SW fan I wanted to like the series but sorry it is just a soulles trash. Looks and feels like some B movie from the 80s. The story and characters are terrible. Cinematography is crap... Laughably bad. Mcgregor is the only good thing in it. He is great but otherwise it is very sad to see what SW has become. And what about the music which is a huge part of SW?The music itself should tell the story but here nothing memorable nothing worth mentioning. I bearly noticed the music.

Cannot wait to see how they **** everything up even more in the remaining episodes. As far as I am concerned The Clone Wars and Rebels with Mando are the last good SW media. Disney sadly do not know how to handle the franchise.

Last edited:
Much like Robert Rodriguez was the wrong person to helm BOBF and JJ Abrams/Rian Johnson were the wrong people for the ST; I think Deborah Chow is the wrong person for this series.

Sure, she directed 2 really good episodes of The Mandalorian but it helped that the writing was strong and someone else was the captain of the ship as it had to conform to one coherent vision.

Unless they are saving the budget for a massive spectacle of a fight in the finale then I’m really unsure why this series feels so cheap; the costumes, the camera work, the staging of scenes, the locations… etc… etc… and the MUSIC! One of THE most important aspects of Star Wars feels generic af.

It just all feels off, and it’s not like Disney didn’t know this was gonna be a hit so I’d imagine they put some serious cash behind it.

Disney is historically the most frugal studio in Hollywood just look at their crappy history of content prior the MCU.

What were they known for Lion King and other cartoons plus really crappy live action stuff and their so so theme park lol

Why do you think WB new CEO is consulting with ex Disney CEO Alan Horn!

WB is begging Horn on how to be cheap and profitable.

Lucas and Spielberg warned everyone that cheap was going to be the way in the future and you don’t have to tell Disney twice.

None of these actors in SW are getting MCU money not even Ewan hell if anything he is box office poison!

Hayden…..please lol

It’s a miracle Mando looked cinematic in season 2!

Not for nothing the PT looks like ass most of the times and the ST suffered from horribly bland aesthetics!

Vader was awesome, check!

Obi-Wan was awesome, check!

It’s already better than AOTC i’m hooked!

Sorry for such the low bar but it started in 1983 so I got practice!

I do squarely blame Deborah Chow for the misdirection of the whole show so far. It's incredibly lacking in almost every regard... including cinematography, just absolute quick shots that are incredibly tight. They use the same tech as Mando and yet on planets like episode 2 in the city it looks like it's on a cheap sound stage. And I've just discovered they have the cinematographer of Park Chan-Wook's films! How does the show look so miserable?

Can't wait for the next showdown to be set in a salt quarry.

I do squarely blame Deborah Chow for the misdirection of the whole show so far. It's incredibly lacking in almost every regard... including cinematography, just absolute quick shots that are incredibly tight. They use the same tech as Mando and yet on planets like episode 2 in the city it looks like it's on a cheap sound stage. And I've just discovered they have the cinematographer of Park Chan-Wook's films! How does the show look so miserable?

Can't wait for the next showdown to be set in a salt quarry.
She's also responsible for those awful chase scenes.

When it was announced she would be directing/running the show loads of people were raving "WOW DEBORAH CHOW IS AMAZING BLAH BLAH" yet I'd never heard of her before Mando and I've never seen any of her work.

She's also responsible for those awful chase scenes.

When it was announced she would be directing/running the show loads of people were raving "WOW DEBORAH CHOW IS AMAZING BLAH BLAH" yet I'd never heard of her before Mando and I've never seen any of her work.

She's done quite a lot of TV shows, Better Call Saul, Mando, stuff like that. she's done quite a bit to be fair and at a really high quality at that.

You can tell because she's got a really good eye for shooting scenes, especially chase scenes, specifically chase scenes involving three men and a small agile 10 year old girl with tree branches coming out of nowhere. She knows how to capture the real raw terror of being chased by bumbling idiots.

Ok hold on hold on hold on.

You want to talk about ugly may I remind everyone that most of the PT were filmed green screen at 1080p resolution!

How quickly we forget that many scenes in the Mandalorian especially season 2 looked way more cinematic than the PT!

Is their volume stage craft technology perfect of course not but is any new technology ever perfect but you can thank Lucasfilm for being front and center all the time when it comes to advancement just look at digital filming which eventually lead to the volume which will improve.

I was also not pleased with the ObiWan fight backdrop either but to just flat out say that Star Wars TV looks cheap is disingenuous.

I dislike KK, forced agendas spreadsheet story telling like the rest of you BUT just because it comes from them does it mean I automatically have to hate everything they do so that I can look like a cool anti-woke warrior l

Ok hold on hold on hold on.

You want to talk about ugly may I remind everyone that most of the PT were filmed green screen at 1080p resolution!

How quickly we forget that many scenes in the Mandalorian especially season 2 looked way more cinematic than the PT!

Is their volume stage craft technology perfect of course not but is any new technology ever perfect but you can thank Lucasfilm for being front and center all the time when it comes to advancement just look at digital filming which eventually lead to the volume which will improve.

I was also not pleased with the ObiWan fight backdrop either but to just flat out say that Star Wars TV looks cheap is disingenuous.

I dislike KK, forced agendas spreadsheet story telling like the rest of you BUT just because it comes from them does it mean I automatically have to hate everything they do so that I can look like a cool anti-woke warrior lol

Well maybe cheap is not the right word i mean compared to other shows it looks good, however since all we have know is movies before these tv shows you fell a marked drop in production value .

From the sets to filming on location desert shots . To jungle planet it all looks of a lesser quality.

And that is the same with other marvel shows but to a lesser extent .

Someone mentioned peace maker compared to the movie exactly it's a huge step down from the movie .

I guess somethings only belong on the big screen.

Mando suffers from this too filler episodes . I dont really mind the acting I get it Reva behaves like a normal person instead of the typical star wars villain. I dont really focus on that it's just the production of these tv shows definitely feels like a step down from the movies so it feels cheap.

Where the heck you been!

I had my kidney removed and I was still posting the same day I came out of the OR lol

Bruh.

When i had my gallbladder out, i went into the OR and didnt wake up till like ten hours later - they had trouble waking me up - i swam up to consciousness with a pain level 9 out of ten. A smiling nurse leaned over and said Are you hurting, honey? Would you like some morphine? And i managed to croak out Yes please

If you were posting online on surgery day, my hat is off. I think i slept 22 out of 24 hrs.

Bruh.

When i had my gallbladder out, i went into the OR and didnt wake up till like ten hours later - they had trouble waking me up - i swam up to consciousness with a pain level 9 out of ten. A smiling nurse leaned over and said Are you hurting, honey? Would you like some morphine? And i managed to croak out Yes please

If you were posting online on surgery day, my hat is off. I think i slept 22 out of 24 hrs.
Gallbladder which mine is out as well was a much easier surgery than what I just went thru.

But I was only kidding about posting the same day of the surgery it looks like it was the day after lol

I would love to see what time my first post was after the surgery but it only shows the date.

Vader was awesome, check!
Yep from RO to Kenobi Disney has continued to give Vader his most awesome moments since 1980. After the OT Lucas gave Vader a "cute" little nickname (Ani), "NOOOO!" etc., while Disney gave him a throne, a throne!

Obi-Wan was awesome, check!

It’s already better than AOTC i’m hooked!

Sorry for such the low bar but it started in 1983 so I got practice!
Yep. Again since 1980 Star Wars has always been give and take. Sure people can call out the TV quality feel for a number of scenes or the average music. But Obi-Wan also has:

1. Better acting than the OT and PT

2. Better writing than the PT

3. Better visual effects than the OT and PT

4. Ruthless Vader in his prime that we always wanted to see in the PT but never did

5. A greater focus on Legacy characters than what we got in the ST

6. A great tone befitting of the "Dark Times."

If you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater then go ahead but if you do that for all SW then all you're left with is theatrical SW and ESB.

Yep from RO to Kenobi Disney has continued to give Vader his most awesome moments since 1980. After the OT Lucas gave Vader a "cute" little nickname (Ani), "NOOOO!" etc., while Disney gave him a throne, a throne!

Yep. Again since 1980 Star Wars has always been give and take. Sure people can call out the TV quality feel for a number of scenes or the average music. But Obi-Wan also has:

1. Better acting than the OT and PT

2. Better writing than the PT

3. Better visual effects than the OT and PT

4. Ruthless Vader in his prime that we always wanted to see in the PT but never did

5. A greater focus on Legacy characters than what we got in the ST

6. A great tone befitting of the "Dark Times."

If you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater then go ahead but if you do that for all SW then all you're left with is theatrical SW and ESB.
One of my favourite Vader moments is actually from Rebels. Kanan and Ezra drop a bunch of walkers on top of him and he essentially just shrugs it off and they are 100% aware that they are outmatched.

Back