**Beware SPOILERS** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series on Disney+ **Beware SPOILERS**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even in Disney canon Vader has straight up killed anyone that found out he was Anakin. It’s a pretty big secret.
Yeah he did kill that Imp who crushed on him and wanted to be his wife in the Vader comic. But Reva is an inquisitor so not just some random imperial and she has an important mission. Don’t think Palpatine cares about Kenobi but we know Vader does. So officially to the inquisitors Kenobi is just another Jedi but behind the scenes Vader probably has his own scheming per usual.

I think it's solid so far, definitely a lot better than the Book of Bob Fatt. The two Leia chases were nonsensical, as already talked about, and Leia going from super smart and intelligent to dumb as a rock within the span of five seconds to justify the second chase was lazy.

I'm ambivalent towards Reva. I don't really dislike her but I do think they're trying too hard to sell her character. Her constantly having the information she needs also feels lazy.

Eps were good. Young Leia actress is quite good for her age. Jake Lloyd level performance? Give me a ******* break. 3rd Sister was less annoying than I feared. Actress is good. Hope they explain how the heck she knows Vader & Anakin are one/same. I doubt her job would give her access to that info, but you never know. She's a pretty ambitious character.

They did 4-LOM dirty; it was cool to see him, but I wished he was a tad more epic in the fight.

She’s just reading her lines, she’s not good. I don’t know what you people are watching.

I think it's solid so far, definitely a lot better than the Book of Bob Fatt. The two Leia chases were nonsensical, as already talked about, and Leia going from super smart and intelligent to dumb as a rock within the span of five seconds to justify the second chase was lazy.

Ahem...

😜

It is out of character since only Thrawn and Tarkin knew/suspected Vader was Anakin. However we have to keep in mind that the entire point of reference of A New Hope and introduction to Star Wars is through Old Ben Kenobi who emphasizes the separation between Anakin and Vader. By the time we get to Empire, Vader gladly tells Luke he is his son which obviously implies he has no problem accepting he is Anakin Skywalker. It’s all down to George retcons so we do the best we can and sometimes it’s good to reassess long-held assumptions or beliefs.
That's his son who he didn't know existed before that. Even then he's still conflicted in RotJ and tries to reject his past self.

It just dilutes the significance of those scenes where he brings down his guard with Luke and his coming out of the shell of Vader and back to the Light as Anakin.

Last edited:
“Obiwan kenobi. Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in like 10 years” - new canon.

That's his son who he didn't know existed before that. Even then he's still conflicted in RotJ and tries to reject his past self.

It just dilutes the significance of those scenes where he brings down his guard with Luke and his coming out of the shell of Vader and back to the Light as Anakin.
There’s certainly a difference between acknowledging who you were and accepting yourself. Vader had no trouble using the fact he was Anakin to get what he wants while still hating himself for Anakin’s failures and weaknesses. I would say it also depends at which stage we are at. After ROTS yes Vader ignores a lot of Anakin because his psyche is fractured dealing with tremendous loss of Padme, his children and his bodily mutilated. This is ten years after and he’s had time to process and even utilize his past for his ambitions. His self-hatred will always drive his connection to the Dark Side of course. In ROTJ he is conflicted about giving up Vader and being Anakin so it’s a whole other level of personal introspection and acceptance.

It basically goes like this:

All Vader - Anakin suppressed/“killed”

Mostly Vader - Anakin accepts past but hates

Half Vader/Half Anakin - Vader in Empire

Less Vader - More Anakin - ROTJ

All Anakin again - redemption

How fortunate we finally get to see Leia’s childhood in live action and now we can see how her upbringing has made her into the woman she became

Felt mixed about it. Never happy to see rehash and I could've seen other reasons for Obi-Wan to leave Tatooine. Wasn't as impressed with Reva as I was from the trailers; she seemed more petulant than badass to me.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Some of it to me felt like fan fiction; some I thought was really great. It's not what I expected.

That's all the exact first stuff I thought of when I heard Leia scrambled away from grown men. Benny Hill. The gift that keeps on giving.
Picture adults forcing themselves too not catch a slow running kid.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It’s super cringe worthy.

Back