BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any existing doors for the Besta? I'd take one in. That said, doors on the Besta from IKEA are roughly the same size as the outside of the cabinet, so you should probably go that route. The hinge required for this is "full overlay" - the cabinet guys will know all this stuff. Also a good idea to take accurate measurements of the cabinet with you and they'll then be able to make specific suggestions based on the frames/styles they're dealing with.

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1299.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

Oh man Chris. Since I started collecting last year your display was exactly what I wanted to do with mine...and then freaking ikea ruined everything :lol

I went to Ikea today to check out the new doors 20140504_165104_zpsl8ur2vjo.jpg
20140504_165056_zps1obzfh4f.jpg
I just can't imagine the statues in there (literally). I do not know if it would look good.
^^^^Then this set up had me racking my brain. The smaller besta units on the bottom raise the 2 cube bestas to a perfect height. Just get a black bottom door for storage and use the top two for statues. I think it may look nicer and less cluttered then 3 tier bestas :panic: I don't know anymore. I just bought more lights in case IKEA discontinues those too (I really wanted to buy TOMBOs, BENNOs and FRAMSTA pannels BUT NOT ANYMORE! :mad:)
I think if I do go for a custom full length door I will use the measurements of the TOFTA full door they had on display. Yeah? 20140504_163343_zpsv73kr6rt.jpg

--
I asked if they would make one and they said a full glass door would be too heavy and the besta would tip over. So they will never make one.

hello guys just want to share! just bought 12 tombo doors for my collection from my local ikea in connecticut they still have a lot in stock! i guess here in ct im the only one collector lolimage.jpg

30 dollars bro! the tombo doors are the perfect way to display statues in my opinion! just look so clean!!:wink1:

Back