BESTA love and idea thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize they extended the sale.

Just picked up one shelf extension for now. Gonna put it together later to see if I need another before the sale ends.

Also got cinnamon buns.

Who else buys a pack of cinnamon buns when they visit ikea?

black glassvik are available online again right now...will probably order a bunch and buy the shelves in store

edit: wouldn't let me check out. :slap

If they are being discontinued, I'd just wait til they go on sale like the Tombos. I remember buying my Tombos for $5 a piece.

Do they make doors for the shelf extension or? Probably not going to buy any even if there are. Just an option.

Edit: looks like they make the vassbo doors and glassvik for extensions. Maybe I should pick them up.

Must be the location. I remember a similar incident with the TOMBOs and a fellow freak from Oklahoma I think whose IKEA had none yet mine was stocked full with like at least 100 TOMBOs. Mine is still very well stocked with Glassviks but yeah, I guess if it's a lesser populated area, they will run out faster.

There's a glass half-shelf for the Besta unit, correct?

I can't seem to find it. :dunno

So Glassvik is being discontinued in April. Good luck finding in any stores and you can not order online. I chewed the reps ear off cursing Ikea for constantly changing doors and the reasons why they shouldn't. Of course no answer was given. They would not tell me what was replacing the Glassvik. What also pisses me off is I just bought a 75" Besta after the site said I could buy Glassviks online. Now what ?! :gah:
They are eventually revamping the Besta too, whatever that means.

I hope I don't like the "revamped" Besta (or new doors?) more than the one I just bought a few months ago! Disappointing about the Glassvik doors, though. I think mine looks beautiful. :ohbfrank:

Not 100% guaranteed, but I asked IKEA customer service and the guy said everything should be the same, with regards to the shelving units, except they will be selling shelves separately. They still don't know much else except that this "upgrade" will be taking place in the 1st half of the year. He didn't mention anything about the glassviks so I wouldn't take everything for granted, but that's the update from my store. I, too, am hoping this information is accurate, because if so, then there's no rush to buy the shelves now when I have nothing to put in them, or the shelf extensions to match my current setup. I really hope he is right.... :pray: :thud:

My biggest dilemma is, matching the two bestas with glassviks I currently own. I have more PFs inbound and needed the additional besta w/glassviks to match. I found ONE glassvik on ebay... $70 pick up only in Ca. so that's a fail.

Anyone got any suggestions, other than stripping the current glassviks and having open bestas?

Back