Best of 2020 Sixth Scale SW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year was busy for me:
Cody
Qui gon
Death trooper x2
Bespin leia
First mando
Krennic
Leia and wicket
Endor leia
Skiff lando
Ht r2
Endor Luke
Dx Jedi Luke
Aotc yoda
Dooku

Best of the year? I can?t believe it but I really like skiff lando. Flaws aside, it is a character that we have never had and he looks great with skiff Luke. He has a real presence. The runner up is krennic. Great sculpt and character, who I never thought we would get. He restored my faith in hot toys.

It was a relatively slow year for me, but out of what actually released here in Oz...my favourite goes to Leia/Wicket. That was a nice unboxing and displaying experience.
I would actually give that honour to Mando (either version) based on pics posted in the forums and YT reviews, but sadly no sign of him here yet[emoji53]
I also picked up the QS Vader, and he?s amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fav's
1.Cody
2 Mando
3.Krennic
4.Maul (Solo)
5. Vader (Vintage)

Disappointments
1 Qui Gon (head sculpt lacking)
2 Grogu
3 Jawa / Gonk
4 Luke (head sculpt lacking)
5 ST Releases

I can't believe that I left out the Mud Trooper. Need to update my list:

1. Mando 1 version
2. Krennic
3. Mud Trooper
4. Mando Death Trooper

Pretty awesome year for Star Wars figures. My top 5 are Mando ver1, Qui Gon, Krennic, Mando Death Trooper, Leia & Wicket. I also got & love Com Cody, Mudtrooper Solo, & Solo Maul. I can therefore forgive HT for the worst & overpriced ST figure this year, Jawa & Gonk.

Well, why not? The year was dismal but the figures were great (when we could finally get them).

View attachment 502705

Here's a look at my full take for the year...just the ones I really liked. (Yes, i included a couple Marvels and DCs too)

Jedibear's Musings

What were your favorites?
Better if you just add a poll to your post. This will go nowhere with people posting random figures in various styles. It’ll be a pain to follow.

EDIT: as you can only add 10 sections to the poll I think the best would be to list the most sold figures or check the 10 most viewed figure-related threads on the forum, with a release date set during 2020.

Had to update my top 5 list a bit since I had a Marvel figure and an older figure in there. :lol

1. SS Skiff Guard Lando
2. HT Mando
3. HT Krennic
4. HT Leia / Wicket combo
5. HT Mudtrooper

Oh yes, I have Beskar Mando and Child on PO... considered that a 2020 release but I forgot about it because it is not in hand yet.

True, true. I hadn't thought of that.

Had to update my top 5 list a bit since I had a Marvel figure and an older figure in there. :lol

1. SS Skiff Guard Lando
2. HT Mando
3. HT Krennic
4. HT Leia / Wicket combo
5. HT Mudtrooper

Wow! Skiff Guard Lando in top place. Based on your pics, I think I would have picked that 3rd Party Mace Windu over the Skiff Guard. I was really surprised to see how good that one looked in your pics. Really impressed with the head sculpt.

Wow! Skiff Guard Lando in top place. Based on your pics, I think I would have picked that 3rd Party Mace Windu over the Skiff Guard. I was really surprised to see how good that one looked in your pics. Really impressed with the head sculpt.

I had Mace on the list originally because he is almost perfect but I forgot he actually came out well over a year ago so I changed my list to the best SW of 2020. :D

I have been focused on the Original Trilogy so my list is small. Leia and Wicket. I also could not resist on Commander Cody because I love the clones and all the clone variations. Between the two, Cody is just too good.

I really wish Hot Toys would go back to the basics and give us more OT figures. How can we have three versions of Darth Maul and no C3PO?

I do have on order but not all will be out in 2021:

Lando
Snowspeeder Luke
Tusken Raider
Captain Rex
501st Clone Trooper

More SW than Marvel this year but still very slow waiting for a few still:

1. R2-D2
2. Han Solo (Solo) DX
3. Mudtrooper
4. Director Krennic
5. Leia and Wicket
6. Luke ROJ DX
7. Boba Fett (Vintage)
8. Leia Bespin

Mostly in order of preference, 1-4 are basically perfect, 5-6 are great other than the reused sculpts (and Luke is still not there), 7 is just a lot of fun, 8 is the only genuinely disappointing figure with a reused sculpt, few accessories and a flimsy backdrop.

There does not seem to be a separate non Star Wars non Marvel thread but I would rate Neo and John Wick as well.

That Leia + Wicket set is so overrated ( Leia HS feels off and overall figure feels cheap, Wicket's fur color is completely wrong in comparison with shown prototype).

Back