BEST SIXTH-SCALE 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that this thread is in the Star Wars section, so wasn't sure if it was limited to only Star Wars figures but many have posted other licenses so I'll give it a go:

Winner: EXO-6 Data (Simply a perfect figure straight out of the box. Couldn't ask for more.)
Honorable Mention: Asmus Gandalf (An amazing figure with some frustrating issues)

Star Wars: Hot Toys IG-11 (An all around well done figure.)

Rex and IG-11

Non Star Wars-Mysterio and Venom (though I don't own Venom)

I totally get Lando, great figure, but for the price and quality Lim’s Gunslinger/Outlaw steals the show for me. You can tell they put a lot of heart into that figure.

I only collect Star Wars 1:6 scale so my vote is for Rex for the crisp details and runner up is IG -11 for the engineering. That Gandalf is pretty impressive a few posts up.

Am I imagining things or has 1/6 gone backwards in recent times? I haven’t been paying as much attention as I used to, but it seems like very thin pickings in terms of excellence from the major players.

Since this is open-ended and relatively loose criteria, I’d have to say my Bespin Han. Indigo’s sculpt, Nathan’s paint work, Robbie’s gun belt, the Jazzinc Falcon, etc. came together to create something that I’ve been “building” all year. The gem of my collection.

FC419515-325C-44EE-8055-F1D45C55C6D8.jpeg

This is a SW 1/6 section, so I think it is best fit to restrict it to only 1/6 StarWars collectibles from prominent manufacturers (Hot Toys, SS) and third party companies (if there were any for SW lol).

Am I imagining things or has 1/6 gone backwards in recent times? I haven’t been paying as much attention as I used to, but it seems like very thin pickings in terms of excellence from the major players.
I think it's a combination of narrowed choice, fair bit of reuse and cost cutting. Certainly haven't seen as much innovation lately.

I don't think so, we all know HT's shenanigans, but there are more and more companies popping up and doing great work (the new Dune figures being a great example) and all those third parties (just look at the recent Kingpin) and will hopefully force HT to actually start paying attention and working a bit smarter and harder to compete. They way those Loki figures happened in the last couple of months is a great example of this.

This is a SW 1/6 section, so I think it is best fit to restrict it to only 1/6 StarWars collectibles from prominent manufacturers (Hot Toys, SS) and third party companies (if there were any for SW lol).
Jedibear said it can be any line, any company, even customs and not just Star Wars in another post under the general forum.
It just happened to be started here.

I’d have to say the opposite if you factor in the quality of the the 3rd party offerings lately. But as far as major players go I’ve only considered HT and SS as major 1/6 players with SS way off in the distance since they all but cut off their Star Wars line.

I think HT has put out some really nice figures this year though. Thanos, Endgame Cap and IM, the Armorer, Death Watch, IG, Heavy Mando not to mention the video game Spideys and Venom and SS actually put out a grail figure of mine in the Skiff Guard Lando. Lots of good stuff getting churned out for me. 🙂

Aside from an amazing sixth scale Picard, I didn't see a lot of Grails made this year.

I keep waiting for an officially licensed Blade Runner line, Reloaded Neo and Indy to be made. Hopefully next year.

Im particularly impressed with the Heavy Mando despite my inherent bias in favor of The Clone Wars figs.

I think this one gets overlooked and I agree. It's an incredibly well done figure that had to be made from scratch. I think it gets ignored because he was a background character and some people skipped him because he was a short print and difficult to track down. IG-11 was also very impressive for some of the same reasons. Those two really stick out to me despite the cool factor of getting a HT Rex with a bunch of 501st clones for him to lead.

Back