Premium Format Batman V Superman Batman Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a couple of new reviews on Youtube, can't get the link to work no thanks to my slow internet due to the rains. Same thoughts as everyone so far, great work on the body, cowl and head could have been a lot better.

I watched Sideshow's "Studio Tour" video series in their website, and there's one part which focused on the team that oversees the production samples and how they make sure they're very close to the proto. Made my eyebrows go up high I just got new wrinkles on my forehead :lol

I too got notified through text that mine's ready for pick up. Will try to get it before weekend, though work load tells me I might be free by Sunday.

TO me the main problem is the lips. THey look absolutely terrible in the pics Ive seen on here. I havent seen one that looks decent. I am very afraid now cause I have this on pre order. And is my first pre order from Sideshow

Changing plan. As I looked the youtube videos time after time and think about the wallet got left available. I feel that I like the suit more than the face likeness. So I decided to lower the priority of this piece and get the P1's Batman Beyond or Noel first as I own a AK Batman and I love it very much. And for $930 vs $ 499 I favor the P1's. Later if I still like it will get a regular down the road.

I think I'll keep mine. Once it's gets here I'll make a final determination. I however am obsessed with the costume so that alone will most likely sway me to keep it.

TO me the main problem is the lips. THey look absolutely terrible in the pics Ive seen on here. I havent seen one that looks decent. I am very afraid now cause I have this on pre order. And is my first pre order from Sideshow

I cancelled my Exclusive waitlist conversion. I gave SS rep my reasons and my $50 nrd was refunded even though I already used my one time nrd refund. The production head/cowl changed too much from prototype for me. Will pick up regular at a discount later on. Was really looking forward to this.

Overall an okay batman statue. He still looks better in person than these cellphone pics. Still wished sideshow made him in a museum pose.

20170126_124350_2.jpg

20170126_124328_2.jpg

20170126_123530_2.jpg

I had to get a new hard disk for my PC and since our local dealer's just at the floor below the computer accessories, I got to pick up mine earlier that expected. My first time to have a newly-released statue without having to wait for 2 more months.

Had it unboxed and checked at the shop, and wow- the body sculpt made me smile. I think it's the best part of this statue. The details are amazing as is the paintjob. The body and the gauntlets/boots have just the right amount of sheen. Could use more meat in the torso region IMO, but in its best display angle I don't think it matters. I'd give the body a 9/10.

The base -- never liked it from the very beginning, but it is what it is. Paint job is meh, for me. Thought it would be better in hand, but yeah, I guess as every Sideshow people in charge of this project said, "that'll do". Maybe a 6/10 for the base.

The cape -- not bad. I wish it was more poseable, but material's okay and the weathering at the bottom part is good. 8/10.

Now, the head: I can definitely see Affleck in there, more so in profile. Cowl's good, except for the rounded tip that should have been cut straight. The paint on the eyes is good, decals right on center. Paint on the face is definitely a rush job, particularly the lips (there's just no life to it, just flat darker tone to separate the lips from the rest of the skin) and black spray used as an excuse for 5 o' clock shadow. As I was inspecting it I was next to the Red Son Batman displayed at the shop, and it's funny how a comic-based sculpt had a more realistically painted face and lips compared to an actor-based one. 7/10 for me.

I guess overall it's a 7.5 - 8 out of 10 statue for me. Still a solid Batman piece, but I expected more from my most expensive Sideshow Batman statue so far. Will no longer PO Sideshow pieces from now on, and will just wait till release. i won't mind not getting the PO discount as long as it's worth it.

Will post pics once my computer is back to life.

I wish they had not rushed this piece. The bodh looks absolutly spectacular. If they had worked better on the face this could have been an absolute home run. Still most likely going t keep mine. He'll look good next to his big brother Prime 1 half scale Bat-Fleck :yess:

Yeah, he's still worth keeping, IMO. I'd love to see a seasoned painter work on the face though. Under that rushed factory paint is Ben Affleck.

I had to get a new hard disk for my PC and since our local dealer's just at the floor below the computer accessories, I got to pick up mine earlier that expected. My first time to have a newly-released statue without having to wait for 2 more months.

Had it unboxed and checked at the shop, and wow- the body sculpt made me smile. I think it's the best part of this statue. The details are amazing as is the paintjob. The body and the gauntlets/boots have just the right amount of sheen. Could use more meat in the torso region IMO, but in its best display angle I don't think it matters. I'd give the body a 9/10.

The base -- never liked it from the very beginning, but it is what it is. Paint job is meh, for me. Thought it would be better in hand, but yeah, I guess as every Sideshow people in charge of this project said, "that'll do". Maybe a 6/10 for the base.

The cape -- not bad. I wish it was more poseable, but material's okay and the weathering at the bottom part is good. 8/10.

Now, the head: I can definitely see Affleck in there, more so in profile. Cowl's good, except for the rounded tip that should have been cut straight. The paint on the eyes is good, decals right on center. Paint on the face is definitely a rush job, particularly the lips (there's just no life to it, just flat darker tone to separate the lips from the rest of the skin) and black spray used as an excuse for 5 o' clock shadow. As I was inspecting it I was next to the Red Son Batman displayed at the shop, and it's funny how a comic-based sculpt had a more realistically painted face and lips compared to an actor-based one. 7/10 for me.

I guess overall it's a 7.5 - 8 out of 10 statue for me. Still a solid Batman piece, but I expected more from my most expensive Sideshow Batman statue so far. Will no longer PO Sideshow pieces from now on, and will just wait till release. i won't mind not getting the PO discount as long as it's worth it.

Will post pics once my computer is back to life.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. The portrait I absolutely see Affleck and it looks MUCH better in hand than what the pictures show but the portrait could have used a little more TLC. Still a definite keep for me and I prob would give it a little higher score of 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

Pretty much agree with everything you said. The portrait I absolutely see Affleck and it looks MUCH better in hand than what the pictures show but the portrait could have used a little more TLC. Still a definite keep for me and I prob would give it a little higher score of 8 to 8.5 out of 10.

Agree, with the last two posters. IMO this is a great piece, and I agree it's an 8.5/10. definitely some areas that could've been better, but honestly there's just too much going for it to miss out on this!

The body is its greatest redeeming factor. Just beautifully sculpted and painted. At the least, this statue is a good representation of this batsuit, it even makes me think that I no longer need my Hot Toys version.

I just had mine set up in my detolf while having my PC fixed. I was surprised to see that the base fits and there's still enough room on the shelf, thought it would stay in an open shelf given the statue's dimensions stated by Sideshow. He's heavy (the base contributes to most of the weight), but not as heavy as Arkham Asylum or comic Batman PF.

I'm really in love with the body sculpt. Love the tarnished/weathered effects on the belt and gauntlet fins. Overall he looks best with lights over his head IMO, but I tried to play with some lighting as I took pics.
WARNING: Plenty of big pics ahead!

P1270910_zpsk5jb4vrd.jpg

P1270911_zpscv9xaquu.jpg

P1270907_zps6ncpngy0.jpg

P1270917_zps6fkwb9ni.jpg

P1270918_zpsqaew940b.jpg

P1270906_zpsqubcn10e.jpg

P1270901_zps53u9vgpl.jpg

P1270919_zps3uuy6ala.jpg

P1270920_zpso1e2eoip.jpg

I just had mine set up in my detolf while having my PC fixed. I was surprised to see that the base fits and there's still enough room on the shelf, thought it would stay in an open shelf given the statue's dimensions stated by Sideshow. He's heavy (the base contributes to most of the weight), but not as heavy as Arkham Asylum or comic Batman PF.

I'm really in love with the body sculpt. Love the tarnished/weathered effects on the belt and gauntlet fins. Overall he looks best with lights over his head IMO, but I tried to play with some lighting as I took pics.
WARNING: Plenty of big pics ahead!

P1270910_zpsk5jb4vrd.jpg

P1270911_zpscv9xaquu.jpg

P1270907_zps6ncpngy0.jpg

P1270917_zps6fkwb9ni.jpg

P1270918_zpsqaew940b.jpg

P1270906_zpsqubcn10e.jpg

P1270901_zps53u9vgpl.jpg

P1270919_zps3uuy6ala.jpg

P1270920_zpso1e2eoip.jpg

Finally a man who knows how to use a camera! great lighting on those pics, the statue looks awesome. congrats!

Its probably just the lighting, but to me, it doesn't look like Heubert and xb24 got the same head sculpt.

Back